• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Coca tea

^^ Its quite a common practice, so no worries, mate.

For the record, coca tea does not taste like shite, imho, though it sure as hell don't beat a good cup of chai. Also, drinking it doesn't have much effect, for best results mix it with baking soda, and chew it like tobacco, but swallow the juices.

mulberryman said:
I did not know this, interesting. According to US law coca tea could likely be considered a "Preparation of coca leaves," which is Schedule II, and as such only available by rx and strictly controlled. I have heard of numerous cases where it is confiscated when shipped in from Peru and Bolivia, but almost never prosecuted. It is available on [aforementioned major retail website that gets its name from a river] as well as a few other sites here in the states. My assumption is that they must frequently import it, and then adjust their pricing to reflect losses due to confiscation. The coca tea sold on [aforementioned site] is priced a good deal higher than websites in Suramerica, so this would seem to be the case.

From what I've read, supposedly Coca-cola stopped using coca extracts (which were reportedly altered with harsh chemicals to "decocanize" them) in their formulae in 2000.

Customs law in the US is extremely confusing and contradictory. According to customs import guidelines prescription drugs may be imported for up to 3 months personal use only, and "up to 5 items" for OTC products even thouse for which an rx would be required domestically, and no proof of rx or previous rx is required. Accordingly, since a "Preparation of coca leaves" is Schedule II, and allowed by rx, it could be considered legal to import them. However, US law also explicitly states that any importing of prescription drugs is prohibited. The Customs Bureau has however stated that they are not prosecuting people who import rx drugs as long as they follow their guidelines. That being said, customs still confiscates basically whatever they want and can for basically any reason. One common method is to throw sand or dirt on the items and then claim they are unclean. I imagine they must have huge annual private auctions and being a customs officer comes with the nice benefit of getting alot of cheap or free stuff, but maybe not... (like they'd ever admit it 8()

Coca tea does in fact cocaine, about 5mg per gram, the normal amount used in a teabag. It can have mild psychoactive effects, although probably not for many with a cocaine tolerance, and yes, chewing it will produce more effect than eating or drinking it. Baking soda, pickling lime, crushed seashells, or lipka is ususally used as a deacidifier to speed the release of the alkaloids (there are other related alkaloids as well as cocaine, called ecgonines). Baking soda is probably the healthiest of the lot, and its probably a good idea to stay away from the Suramerican lipka, as it often contains lye.

IME, I've found that coca can be mildly stimulating, and can help with altitude sickness, motion sickness and nausea and such, but is definitly not at all like cocaine.

There is a license and a code of federal regulations in the US to import coca tea and leaf legally http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/cfr/1304/1304_32.htm
But it costs a crazy fortune! no wonder Amazon had to step in to get the monopoly of the coca tea

massiveinminiature said:
^ Ofcourse he was and isn't it so helpful to have the upper echelons of academia frequent BL as there knowledgeable advice is much appreciated (hee hee) !!!! :! ;) =D =D

Here is round 1 of the 'spot the sarcasm' competition...

Actually Coca tea isn't bad if you put in plenty of milk. To get any sort of a high tho you need to let 6 teabags stew for about 20 minutes, then take another 6 teabags half an hour after that :D

Interestingly chewing 4 or 5 bags with a soupcon of baking soda toothpaste has a more euphoric effect than drinking 12 teabags worth. Doesn't last as long tho.

It's probably a waste, but I wonder if you could make a tea out of cocaine hydrochloride.

As for coca tea, does Amazon really sell the unprocessed version? I know of one place that sells what they call tea made using whole unprocessed coca leaves..but this place is located in South America and I'm not.

Amazon sells real coca tea, not decocainized. I'm not sure there is decocainized leaf outside of the Coca Cola distribution chain.

To Back up the dude above me:yes That online mega-store sells the real deal,just WAY more expensive then if you bought it from S.A. It`s even the same brand.

Having just spent 3 months in S.America and 2 months of that drinking coca tea I can testify that a) it knocks the shit out of PG Tips and b) it won't get you high.

Its tea. Very very nice tea that I miss greatly. The drug laws that ban it in the UK are ludicrous.

I miss my coca tea.

You can buy it in the UK.

It does get you high if you don't have any tolerance to cocaine and you take enough teabags. 10-20 teabags is comparable to snorting a line if you don't have any tolerance. Tolerance builds rapidly tho - 20 bags on the second day doesn't get you as high.

every coca product i found on amazon says "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available". So is it over? No more coca? :(

i love cocaine, but if i can get some coca leaves/tea instead that'd be a lot better. 5mg c per tea bag? i guess if i chewed on a couple of those i'd be high and energized.

the only thing i'd be worried about is shelf life... obviously the leaves degrade over time.. but i suppose you could vacuum-seal or freeze it.

EDIT: all right, i found another source in the states..much better than the above mentioned source. will see what's available...

Last edited:
i see coca tea, powdered coca tea, coca honey and coca powder....

what is coca powder? in the photo, it appears like a lime-green paste in a dish. wouldn't it be dark green if it's highly concentrated? my concern is potency. any insight on possible doses and methods of use would be appreciated -- if i could chew it with baking soda and get a nice buzz that would be ideal.

some products are double the cost of others only half their weight. i'm suspecting the leaves are more fresh (= more alkaloids) than the cheaper ones. could there be a significant difference with this in mind? for example....

weak/medium coca tea = 0.5mg-2mg/5mg cocaïne per tea bag :(
strong coca tea = 6mg-10mg cocaïne per tea bag
8o;)

heh... :D

the pricey ones always say 100% organic coca leaves... all of them seem to be from Bolivia while there are a few from Peru: (i would list the areas they come from, but i don't want to break any possible rules). i think i remember hearing about cocaïne content being higher in Peruvian coca leaves..but i could be mixed up.

a kilo of powdered coca tea goes for under 200 -- the supposed equivalency being a thousand regular coca tea bags....are they going by weight and alkaloid content/potency? i don't know the weight of a regular coca tea bag nor roughly how many mgs of c are hypothetically contained in each one. this would be useful to know as getting a kilo of leaves with anything less than 5g of cola would be kind of pointless for all that effort. i've heard dried powdered leaves aren't nearly as good as fresh leaves....and i don't know if fresh leaves are used in tea bags or even how many leaves are used per bag. :\ - i would guess quite a few if there's at least 5mg of c per bag. hmm

i'm trying to get off crack/coke for a while and find something safer that i know i'll enjoy. i realize it's not a substitute for these things, but if it could get me through half the day that'd be good. i'm struggling a bit with stimulant use right now...my amphetamine tolerance is ridiculous, 80mg barely keeps me functioning throughout the day..it's my med and i need it right now to have energy...but i'm depressed...if i could slow down for a while and just take some mild natural stimulants that would be awesome. caffeine doesn't agree with me and i'd rather stay away from meth for a few more months at the very least.... thanks.

EDIT: of course if you order from Bolivian and Peruvian companies, you can get coca extracts/tinctures, coca wine, and sometimes fresh coca leaves.....tho i don't see how such a package would ever make it past customs. even it's in 1-day express i'm sure they still check it..and i would guess coca leaves have a distinctive smell.

i see coca tea, powdered coca tea, coca honey and coca powder....

what is coca powder? in the photo, it appears like a lime-green paste in a dish. wouldn't it be dark green if it's highly concentrated? my concern is potency. any insight on possible doses and methods of use would be appreciated -- if i could chew it with baking soda and get a nice buzz that would be ideal.

some products are double the cost of others only half their weight. i'm suspecting the leaves are more fresh (= more alkaloids) than the cheaper ones. could there be a significant difference with this in mind? for example....

8o;)

heh... :D

the pricey ones always say 100% organic coca leaves... all of them seem to be from Bolivia while there are a few from Peru: (i would list the areas they come from, but i don't want to break any possible rules). i think i remember hearing about cocaïne content being higher in Peruvian coca leaves..but i could be mixed up.

a kilo of powdered coca tea goes for under 200 -- the supposed equivalency being a thousand regular coca tea bags....are they going by weight and alkaloid content/potency? i don't know the weight of a regular coca tea bag nor roughly how many mgs of c are hypothetically contained in each one. this would be useful to know as getting a kilo of leaves with anything less than 5g of cola would be kind of pointless for all that effort. i've heard dried powdered leaves aren't nearly as good as fresh leaves....and i don't know if fresh leaves are used in tea bags or even how many leaves are used per bag. :\ - i would guess quite a few if there's at least 5mg of c per bag. hmm

i'm trying to get off crack/coke for a while and find something safer that i know i'll enjoy. i realize it's not a substitute for these things, but if it could get me through half the day that'd be good. i'm struggling a bit with stimulant use right now...my amphetamine tolerance is ridiculous, 80mg barely keeps me functioning throughout the day..it's my med and i need it right now to have energy...but i'm depressed...if i could slow down for a while and just take some mild natural stimulants that would be awesome. caffeine doesn't agree with me and i'd rather stay away from meth for a few more months at the very least.... thanks.

EDIT: of course if you order from Bolivian and Peruvian companies, you can get coca extracts/tinctures, coca wine, and sometimes fresh coca leaves.....tho i don't see how such a package would ever make it past customs. even it's in 1-day express i'm sure they still check it..and i would guess coca leaves have a distinctive smell.

With what did you eventually dicide to go,leaves,tea bags,powder?Which did you find better regarding potency and method of administration as well, best brands observed,(not vendors,brands like well known 'delisse' by ENACO)?

Sorry for the many Qs but I'm about to order at the current time, since it will take enough time to arrive, and seems that there are brands more potent than others and people have noticed significant differences in between.

Last edited:
8o;)

60mg of cocaine in a tea doesn't hit you like snorting 60mg of coke. It's a pleasant stimulant feeling and better than coffee. It's very nice the first time you try it when you have no tolerance. But if you take it the next day you already notice the tolerance. You can easily get up to 20-30 teabags in a cup.

if i could chew it with baking soda and get a nice buzz that would be ideal.

I don't know about coca powder but you can put 4 coca teabags in your mouth with baking soda (baking soda toothpaste will do) and again it's nice if you have no tolerance but if you do it a couple of days a week the effects drop off rapidly.