• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Coca tea

Cocaine is definitely a small part of the stimulant effect. Each tea bag from a quality brand could easily have 10mg of cocaine, and if you drink 2 or 3 cups you'd definitely notice an effect from the cocaine alone.

Check out http://grande.nal.usda.gov/ibids/index.php?mode2=detail&origin=ibids_references&therow=103631 for a study that identified and quantified the amount of some coca alkaloids.

Also, from cocaine.org:

The cultivated Erythroxylum varieties E. coca var. coca, E. coca var. ipadu, E. novogranatense var. novogranatense and E. novogranatense var. truxillense contain 18 alkaloids, identified so far, belonging to the tropanes, pyrrolidines and pyridines, with cocaine as the main alkaloid. The biological activity of the following alkaloids has been reported in the literature: cocaine, cinnamoylcocaine, benzoylecgonine, methylecgonine, pseudotropine, benzoyltropine, tropacocaine, alpha- and beta-truxilline, hygrine, cuscohygrine and nicotine. The biological activity of cocaine and nicotine is not reviewed here, because it is discussed elsewhere in the literature. Hardly anything is known about the biological activity of the other alkaloids present in the four varieties mentioned. The biosynthesis of the coca alkaloids has been outlined.

Aana said:
it does contain the cocaine alkaloid but it is under the permitted by the Articles 23 - 27 of the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs .

I did not know this, interesting. According to US law coca tea could likely be considered a "Preparation of coca leaves," which is Schedule II, and as such only available by rx and strictly controlled. I have heard of numerous cases where it is confiscated when shipped in from Peru and Bolivia, but almost never prosecuted. It is available on [aforementioned major retail website that gets its name from a river] as well as a few other sites here in the states. My assumption is that they must frequently import it, and then adjust their pricing to reflect losses due to confiscation. The coca tea sold on [aforementioned site] is priced a good deal higher than websites in Suramerica, so this would seem to be the case.

From what I've read, supposedly Coca-cola stopped using coca extracts (which were reportedly altered with harsh chemicals to "decocanize" them) in their formulae in 2000.

Customs law in the US is extremely confusing and contradictory. According to customs import guidelines prescription drugs may be imported for up to 3 months personal use only, and "up to 5 items" for OTC products even thouse for which an rx would be required domestically, and no proof of rx or previous rx is required. Accordingly, since a "Preparation of coca leaves" is Schedule II, and allowed by rx, it could be considered legal to import them. However, US law also explicitly states that any importing of prescription drugs is prohibited. The Customs Bureau has however stated that they are not prosecuting people who import rx drugs as long as they follow their guidelines. That being said, customs still confiscates basically whatever they want and can for basically any reason. One common method is to throw sand or dirt on the items and then claim they are unclean. I imagine they must have huge annual private auctions and being a customs officer comes with the nice benefit of getting alot of cheap or free stuff, but maybe not... (like they'd ever admit it 8()

Coca tea does in fact cocaine, about 5mg per gram, the normal amount used in a teabag. It can have mild psychoactive effects, although probably not for many with a cocaine tolerance, and yes, chewing it will produce more effect than eating or drinking it. Baking soda, pickling lime, crushed seashells, or lipka is ususally used as a deacidifier to speed the release of the alkaloids (there are other related alkaloids as well as cocaine, called ecgonines). Baking soda is probably the healthiest of the lot, and its probably a good idea to stay away from the Suramerican lipka, as it often contains lye.

IME, I've found that coca can be mildly stimulating, and can help with altitude sickness, motion sickness and nausea and such, but is definitly not at all like cocaine.

Last edited:
It is legal Kara. But I've decided (without trying any) that it's probably pointless.

It tastes like green tea, though a little different, hard to describe, like just a slight buttery taste. Also, it takes a good 10 min to brew.

It tastes like shite. If you brew around 6 or 7 teabags it gives you a buzz similar to taking a tablet of proplus.

Well take a shite in a teabag, then seive it in boiling water, throw in a bit of cut grass and you will have the taste.

^ My shite doesn't smell like it will taste anything like cocoa. Does yours like ?

^ OK then i trust your judgement on these matters implicitly.

Cocoa and coca are two completely different plants. Cocoa is what chocolate is made from, and coca is what cocaine or coca tea is made from.

Stay away from that damn cocoa tea, that dark chocolate flavour will get you higher than god.

^ Izzy ...was coolio being serious do you reckon ?

^ Ofcourse he was and isn't it so helpful to have the upper echelons of academia frequent BL as there knowledgeable advice is much appreciated (hee hee) !!!! :! ;) =D =D

Oops. Sorry for skimming and not reading your entire posts. :p

However I've seen 'coca' and 'cocoa' mixed up on BL so many times it's become annoying.

^ Yeah my apologies as well for being an old twat, it comes natural to me see.;)

Oops. Sorry for skimming and not reading your entire posts

Ah the very technique I use myself. :\