• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Benzos Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Diazepam - which do you prefer?

Which is your favourite Benzo of the following?

• Total voters
Benzos should be a last resort, imo.
Although I agree; there is a caveat...

Many, I mean multitudes of individuals, across the globe are suffering crippling anxiety. Combine that with extreme panic attacks like the ones I have... Benzos are a miracle drug

Also, by the way, since the topic is which benzo do I prefer between those specific three... I would say Clonazepam. I'd settle for a prescription of 2 MG at a dosing schedule of 3x daily (with perhaps added, an even faster acting benzo, like Alprazolam). Since many of us on Bluelight (if I may so opine..) suffer from grave mental and emotional disabilities... I feel safe saying that the prescription; not the abuse of benzos... Is highly underappreciated in the medical community. Many MD's, DO's, ARNP's and Dr's and bla bla bla are all so fucking scared to do it... Either that (scared) or are they.... jealous?

I feel like they get all worked up about it because they are like damn I need that shit too. But, I'm a responsible adult and need to look good for my career.

Anywho...

While these substances are controlled and highly regarded as a last resort as you say: I believe that the hype is over-rated. Most importantly due to the fact that alcohol kills more people than any drug in the known world. It is one of the top leading causes of death in the USA. That being said... I will finish by saying that the use of benzos in patients who definitely have the associated symptoms according the subscribing policy; it's life changing

^^^ I completely agree.

Benzos can be a cure for problems, and not a problem in themselves. Sadly, this class of medications has now become so demonised, that hardly anybody outside of a handful of members on Bluelight, and other anxiety sufferers elsewhere, sees things that way. Benzos really can help people, and make a huge difference to anxiety that otherwise can be so crippling as to severely restrict life.

I see it as a gross inequality that those with the means to afford private psychiatrists can obtain legitimate benzo prescriptions for their anxiety (if it is resistant to other treatments) whilst those that have to rely on state services like the NHS in the UK simply will not get a prescription of any more than a few weeks. No matter what the circumstances. And only if they are very lucky. I have heard tales of anxiety patients in their last few years of life, having their prescriptions taken away from them and being forced to live in abject misery due to being forced to suffer their anxiety with no help. Who does anybody think they are helping by doing this? It is a disgrace.

This theme is my current hobby horse / soap box theme and I could go an about things for ever. I'll stop there for now.

Last edited:
Although I agree; there is a caveat...

Many, I mean multitudes of individuals, across the globe are suffering crippling anxiety. Combine that with extreme panic attacks like the ones I have... Benzos are a miracle drug

Also, by the way, since the topic is which benzo do I prefer between those specific three... I would say Clonazepam. I'd settle for a prescription of 2 MG at a dosing schedule of 3x daily (with perhaps added, an even faster acting benzo, like Alprazolam). Since many of us on Bluelight (if I may so opine..) suffer from grave mental and emotional disabilities... I feel safe saying that the prescription; not the abuse of benzos... Is highly underappreciated in the medical community. Many MD's, DO's, ARNP's and Dr's and bla bla bla are all so fucking scared to do it... Either that (scared) or are they.... jealous?

I feel like they get all worked up about it because they are like damn I need that shit too. But, I'm a responsible adult and need to look good for my career.

Anywho...

While these substances are controlled and highly regarded as a last resort as you say: I believe that the hype is over-rated. Most importantly due to the fact that alcohol kills more people than any drug in the known world. It is one of the top leading causes of death in the USA. That being said... I will finish by saying that the use of benzos in patients who definitely have the associated symptoms according the subscribing policy; it's life changing

Good points - I haven't combined different types of Benzo before becuase I guess I felt it could be dangerous (like combining them with opiates), but I might try a Diazepam/Xanax combo as I currently have those two at the moment

^^^ I completely agree.

Benzos can be a cure for problems, and not a problem in themselves. Sadly, this class of medications has now become so demonised, that hardly anybody outside of a handful of members on Bluelight, and other anxiety sufferers elsewhere, sees things that way. Benzos really can help people, and make a huge difference to anxiety that otherwise can be so crippling as to severely restrict life.

I see it as a gross inequality that those with the means to afford private psychiatrists can obtain legitimate benzo prescriptions for their anxiety (if it is resistant to other treatments) whilst those that have to rely on state services like the NHS in the UK simply will not get a prescription of any more than a few weeks. No matter what the circumstances. And only if they are very lucky. I have heard tales of anxiety patients in their last few years of life, having their prescriptions taken away from them and being forced to live in abject misery due to being forced to suffer their anxiety with no help. Who does anybody think they are helping by doing this? It is a disgrace.

This theme is my current hobby horse / soap box theme and I could go an about things for ever. I'll stop there for now.

well said. GPs and even consultants are shit-scared of Benzos and even weak opiates like codeine. Maybe they fear they'll be sued or fired if a patient abuses them or ODs. But it means that people who really need them can't get them. Even for chronic or acute pain, such as after surgery, the most I was prescribed was OTC Paracetemol or Ibruprofen. 'Painkillers' so weak they don't even work for a regular headache

I prefer diazepam as it has more a “euphoric” effect than the others for me, though it’s really euphoric. I like the muscle relaxant properties.

Only thing I don’t like about Valium is if I take for a few consecutive my memory is basically gone. Not sure if it’s because of the long half, as if i only take it once (maybe 25mg) my memory won’t be shot the following days. Also another thing I don’t like about any benzo is how much time I have wasted using them. I also like vallies to potentiate opiates increase the nod (sorry admins, bot exactly HR mixing opiates and benzos).

clonazepam is ok. Alpraz I used to eat shitloads of. Now it’s rescheduled and all pressed pills I don’t take them.

lorazepam (not on the list), but I was prescribed for a while and while it kicked in fast and was great for anxiety I would balckouf super easy as I’d k eating them and go from feeling sober then waking up the next time in weird places or with belongs lost etc..

If temazepam was on the list I’d vote for that tied with Valium. Oxazepam would also be up there. I like the more chilled bezos not crazy strong kne.

With all the knock off benzos that appear to be doing the rounds it the moment, it has to be time to start heeding the advice of using the services of the likes of Wedinos.

I was just wondering how long it usually takes, from the time you send a sample off to them, until the results get posted on their website?

I assume that's how it works.

With all the knock off benzos that appear to be doing the rounds it the moment, it has to be time to start heeding the advice of using the services of the likes of Wedinos.

I was just wondering how long it usually takes, from the time you send a sample off to them, until the results get posted on their website?

I assume that's how it works.

it depends, but sometimes it's only a week before the result is posted, sometimes it's longer

The problem with benzos is that I’m not worried about passing out taking them. I’m more worried about blacking out after I take them, and not remembering what I did after I took them? Benzodiazepines have a much higher rate of amnesia than say blacking out on booze is. I’ve done so many things that I cannot remember doing taking benzos than I have ever drinking booze. It’s not like you pass out taking a bunch of benzos a lot of time. It’s a lot more likely to end up doing shit that you have absolutely zero memory of doing shit while on them than say drinking a bunch of booze is. More than once I’ve woke up in jail with no memory of what I did to get there on benzos. I’m actually missing many weeks of my life abusing benzodiazepines, compared to drinking alcohol.

🧙‍♂️
Alcohol and benzos together produced some of the biggest black outs I will ever experience ever.

Absolutely zero recognition of goings on!!
Lol

my percy pot contains Lorazrpam n xanax n 10m valiums. but the ultimate favourite is lorazepam with half a xanax , rivis if i need one occasionally ,but i like the kern 2mgs xanax or the white bars 2mg original press type. I came acroos upjohn 90s recently for 1 and 0.5 mg xanax they were mellow and not hard hitting. quite nice ,i dont like temazepam or moggies nowadays as i dont use the darks.so hypnotic benzos for sleep r not needed .ampules r a fav of mine too.

Kasols are the best from serbia beats any bar in the USA.pay so very little for alot of pills.has actually made me feel rich and whole again

@StoneHappyMonday your script is my wet dream 10 years ago. I sincerely believe that if I had attained such a script, I would not have found myself in such a desperate situation with heroin and having to go on meth. I like to think that anyway...

Diazepam is my favourite all-rounder benzo. It's got a bit of everything, hits quickly so you get a good "dunt" coupled with the muscle relaxation and looong duration make it the perfect benzo IMO.

I still like the other two a lot however!

Actually, not sure if anyone has rathed them on flavour:

#1 Diazepam: bitter sweet and possibly the most wonderful tasting drug to ever hit my tongue. Probably a Pavlovian reaction buuuttt....

#2 clonazepam: of course it has the lovely sweet/mintiness that is very distinctive and you can spot it a mile away. Probably the most "tasty" of all the drugs in a traditional sense.

#3 alplrazolam: bitter as fuck. Yuck. Fortifying though!

Diazepam as it’s quite long lasting and the only thing that can knock me out after a long day at work or when I’m still feeling something like Modafinil.

^^^ yes, it's said to be 6x more effective than Diazepam for anxiety per equivalent dose. It is also said to have a much more forgiving tolerance and dependency profile compared to traditional benzos.. Win Win basically.

It does tend to be the one I use most often, although it's probably not a bad idea to also rotate through some other more traditional types of benzo .

I'm late to discovering Lorazepam, I like it a lot, it lasts a long time but doesn't make you feel tired and lethargic in the way that Diazepam can for example.

Not to be pedantic, FNB buuuuuuuutttt..... Etizolam I don't need to finish that sentence, but it's probably my favourite too. I feel like I'm going off diazepam too as well tbh...

So, considering I have in no way spent the last 9 years on Bluelight boring readers to tears with posts about benzodiazepines and my obsessive use of them, I am sure that folk are just fascinated with discussing my thoughts and feelings regarding this extremely novel topic on a personal behalf....:confused:

I do use intermediate acting BZD's but only as an optional extra - my reliance is on long acting derivatives (God I miss Flubromazepam) - while I find any BZD temporarily effective as a PRN medication for the relief of high anxiety states and panic attacks, the rebound anxiety I experience once an intermediate select wears off is, IMO, counterproductive. Diazepam is my first choice as despite its long duration of action it has as quick an onset of action as any oral benzo I have ever taken (generally about 15 mins). Buccal midazolam is faster, but although it makes use of that anus in the middle of my mush for its ROI its not eaten. I find the drug pretty interchangeable with Nitrazepam. The issue is my tolerance - while its not as crazy as it could be, its still far from rock bottom. So when I discovered Roche's 2mg Rivotril Clonazepam tablets in 2002, they became my go to benzo due to the better value regarding bang for buck.

Most weeks see me use a benzodiazepine on 3 days. Some weeks will see me use them on consecutive days, others will see me go Sunday to the following Saturday before I crack. Regardless however, I still find that I need a 2mg Clonazepam dose for optimal efficacy. When I do have access to diazepam mind, I find I can take a lower dose with respect to equipotency, with 30mg more than doing the trick as well as the occasional 20mg dunt if I have not used any GABAergics for over a week.

I find alprazolam useful and it is strong, but more recently I have chosen to source 2.5mg Lorazepam tablets when the option has been available. My favourite intermediate acting BZD is at the end of the day temazepam, the one example of this class of drugs that I consider to be actually recreational in effect. Unfortunately, they are not only elusive of late but they are among the weakest, being only half as potent as diazepam by mass.

I am sure you are all as enlightened as fuck following this contribution xx