• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Benzos Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Diazepam - which do you prefer?

Which is your favourite Benzo of the following?

• Total voters
people who naturally have anxiety issues are the ones who are going to call benzos euphoric, otherwise they're just relaxing (and have various other medical benefits)

to me, in my own opinion, alprazolam is the only benzo that it may be possible to transcend this limitation and may have it's own euphoria to it... but this is just an opinion

I think benzos are amazing, but they really aren't a recreational drug IMO - but I have a long complicated relationship with them... so I'm opinionated

A lot of people say this about the euphoria/anxiety thing. if bluelught can tell you one thing, its that people are wired up to recieve drugs entirely differently. Ive never found opiates euphoric. I 100% find benzos euphoric, its such a powerful uplift and glow, appreciation of life. It has nothing to do with relieving anxiety for me, in the same way MDMA doesn't. Its just a significant efffect for somebody who experiemces clearly atypical effects. Nearly all my friends are struggling to keep their eyes open, im wide eyed and ready to do stuff.

I agree, they are tool to use as and when required, I used to say that. But then i realise you can become their tool without even realising until its too late. They are fairweather friends, tricksters. Such is addiction.

damn - 11mg would have me knocked out! I've passed out before on Benzos which is why I'm careful with my dosing and stay in bed in case I do pass out

Oh I cant usually sleep by the night even if I take one in the morning.

But to clarify the euphoria and stimulation is not because I can easily take 11. I can take 11 because they do not knock me out, so I can take pretty much indefinite amounts.

Its weird. I have rapidly accruing and exponential tolerance too (since the benzo powder), 2015.

The problem with benzos is that I’m not worried about passing out taking them. I’m more worried about blacking out after I take them, and not remembering what I did after I took them? Benzodiazepines have a much higher rate of amnesia than say blacking out on booze is. I’ve done so many things that I cannot remember doing taking benzos than I have ever drinking booze. It’s not like you pass out taking a bunch of benzos a lot of time. It’s a lot more likely to end up doing shit that you have absolutely zero memory of doing shit while on them than say drinking a bunch of booze is. More than once I’ve woke up in jail with no memory of what I did to get there on benzos. I’m actually missing many weeks of my life abusing benzodiazepines, compared to drinking alcohol.

🧙‍♂️

Thankfully I never do anything OTT, or even reallly act strange. I get memory loss, but remember enough.

Its weird, ive been trying to get answers for years. Everybodies neurologically different is i guess the answer.

The problem with benzos is that I’m not worried about passing out taking them. I’m more worried about blacking out after I take them, and not remembering what I did after I took them? Benzodiazepines have a much higher rate of amnesia than say blacking out on booze is. I’ve done so many things that I cannot remember doing taking benzos than I have ever drinking booze. It’s not like you pass out taking a bunch of benzos a lot of time. It’s a lot more likely to end up doing shit that you have absolutely zero memory of doing shit while on them than say drinking a bunch of booze is. More than once I’ve woke up in jail with no memory of what I did to get there on benzos. I’m actually missing many weeks of my life abusing benzodiazepines, compared to drinking alcohol.

🧙‍♂️

yeah I used to drink a lot and I would often fall asleep but not the same way as blacking out like I have with Benzos. I've never woken up in jail though! What did you do?

I woke up in hospital once :cautious:

The danger is you black out and crack your head on something or if you go outside and collapse in the street - I've never found Benzos very recreational to be honest

Oh I cant usually sleep by the night even if I take one in the morning.

But to clarify the euphoria and stimulation is not because I can easily take 11. I can take 11 because they do not knock me out, so I can take pretty much indefinite amounts.

Its weird. I have rapidly accruing and exponential tolerance too (since the benzo powder), 2015.

but isn't that too risky? - you could black out somewhere and injure yourself - I've done that in the past

I am beginning to become quite fond of clonazepam. Although I don’t find it lasts as long as it’s supposed to be lasting. May be personal effects though I always have experienced shorter duration from substances just my .02.

Clonazepam most popular for decades from where i am from (Poland, podkaparpackie) and it was always hard connected to tramadol. Codeine or other opio's never been such popular than "mint crosses" and "mint drips" but poltram retard's 200mg were acceptable too :) When i was trying long time ago introduce so many other things and 90% time's i was taken as a total junkie xD Alprazolam nor valium is so known and popular in my town and county that clone's that for someone not seeing it, would look almost impossible to see :) RC designer crystals still popular tho

While I totally get the different strokes/different folks, different body chemistry (hello ADHD people!) argument, benzos aren't euphoric for me.

BUT

And it's a bloody big BUT. Diazepam is one of the best and the most ruined (by GP over-prescribing back in the 60s and 70s) drugs ever. I get it on rx for...anything I want basically, but mainly for anxiety related to MRI scans and, less honestly, flying. And it's a godsend for the MRIs. Its ability to shift headspace is remarkable enough without having to argue about euphoria.

Goes well with codeine too.

Love me some clonazepam, I’ve been on it for five years, though, so I don’t get that buzz I got years ago. I’ve always preferred Xanax and the instant anxiety relief and confidence it gives. Unbeatable.

Diazepam is one of the best and the most ruined (by GP over-prescribing back in the 60s and 70s) drugs ever.
How the pendulum has swung from one extreme to another; from massive over prescribing, to being completely demonised now. Once demonised, that's end of story for any drug. I don't think there's any way back once it's reputation has been destroyed. Such a big topic, and a bit of an obession of mine as to whether benzos have helped more people than they have fucked up, or the other way round.

I find it strange how it's very difficult for most people to get more than a couple of weeks legit scripts, but yet the multiple clearnet sites openly flogging them are left up and running for literally years. Especially in the wake of the NPS ban. I wonder if this is an admission from any authorities that people are going to use Bzs whatever, and that there is a need for them. Seeing as how hard it is to get a script, thousands are forced onto the black market. Perhaps these clearnet sites are the least harmful way of people obtaining them.

Or just that LE cant be arsed to take down these sites. Long may that remain the case. At least as long as the media / tabloids don't find the story, and turn it into some bullshit moral outrage campaign.

Last edited:
One downside about diazepam is the fact that the half-life is soooo long. I don't like the fact that a single pill of Valium will show up on a drug screen even after over 1 week of ingestion. I wonder if it could cause a benzodiazepine poisoning if you are taking it regularly in the long run, because it cumulates in your body? :rolleyes: I guess if you had liver problems this could really be an issue?

And btw, the long half-life doesn't mean the duration of action is that long. I personally can feel the effects for about 2-3 hours only.

what doses of the combo do you take?

Though a vaguely regular user of both, because I get them both on prescription, my tolerance is fairly low (benzo-wise) compared to any addict or regular user. So atm it's 210mg of codeine with 20mg of diaz. My codeine use did go up to 360 but I thought that was getting stupid and took a break. I do need 180-210 to feel it.

I can get codeine on tap from my GP, but I'm restricted to 140mg of diaz every 4 months or so (about 3 times a year). So with the diaz it's not really a tolerance thing, I could take more but then they'd be all gone far too quickly and I feel fortunate for what I can get with my GP without risking taking the piss and getting kicked off the script.

Bromazepam is a good one, too... in the mold of a diazepam/alprazolam hybrid, or at least that's how I remember it (it's been a while). Oxazepam didn't seem as bad as its reputation led me to believe, either; it was definitely mild but decent at an equivalent dose.. but you've got to be prepared to wait 2 hours for it to kick in (your mileage may vary).

Lorazepam is another one I should revisit sometime. It was the first benzo I used extensively, and even though it gave me tremendous relief, I found its effects to be pretty subtle and not very "euphoric" compared to diazepam or alprazolam. Now that I'm older and wiser (and chained to different drugs), I think I can better appreciate the pure-and-simple anxiolytic effects of a benzo; after all, it's no mere thing.

Clonazepam seems to have gained quite a lot in popularity on Bluelight over the last 10-15 years. When I started, the consensus seemed to be that it was a very weak and shitty excuse for a benzo... and honestly, I think my first impressions were skewed by the negative commentary so that I didn't appreciate it fully for a long time.

It's true that I failed to obtain "euphoria" with clonazepam, even after taking 6mg or more. But in retrospect, I'm not sure that I ever reached the level of blissful intoxication that I sought in benzos -- even with the ones I treasured, like temazepam or triazolam, the threshold of euphoria always seemed to be one step beyond the threshold of amnesia/unconsciousness... in retrospect, the whole thing existed more as a muddled blur than a "peak experience."

Last edited:
While I totally get the different strokes/different folks, different body chemistry (hello ADHD people!) argument, benzos aren't euphoric for me.

BUT

And it's a bloody big BUT. Diazepam is one of the best and the most ruined (by GP over-prescribing back in the 60s and 70s) drugs ever. I get it on rx for...anything I want basically, but mainly for anxiety related to MRI scans and, less honestly, flying. And it's a godsend for the MRIs. Its ability to shift headspace is remarkable enough without having to argue about euphoria.

Goes well with codeine too.

Glad you said it because I was just about to ask if anyone else thought Diazepam and Codeine complimented each other beautifully.