• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Benzos Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Diazepam - which do you prefer?

Which is your favourite Benzo of the following?

• Total voters
Which is your favourite and why?
I gave my vote to diazepam, because for me, it has the best medicinal potential out of those 3.

Alprazolam is the only benzo which, in my opinion, has any recreational use value (out of all benzos). Almost voted that... But no.

never tried alprazolam but i find that clonazpem and valium are two totally different benzos in terms of effects.

I found clonazepam to be very subtle, it feels as if you are fine, but you are more effected than you realise, i also find it less sedating that valium and it feels like its peak lasts longer.

I find valium is quite recreational tbh, so i imagine that alprazolam to be even more so, clonazepam i dont find recreational at all, it actually numbs my feelings a bit compared to valium in which i find it amplifies my emotions somewhat

I gave my vote to diazepam, because for me, it has the best medicinal potential out of those 3.

Alprazolam is the only benzo which, in my opinion, has any recreational use value (out of all benzos). Almost voted that... But no.

what do you mean Alprazolam has recreational use value? How does it make you feel? And at what doses?

Last edited:
never tried alprazolam but i find that clonazpem and valium are two totally different benzos in terms of effects.

I found clonazepam to be very subtle, it feels as if you are fine, but you are more effected than you realise, i also find it less sedating that valium and it feels like its peak lasts longer.

I find valium is quite recreational tbh, so i imagine that alprazolam to be even more so, clonazepam i dont find recreational at all, it actually numbs my feelings a bit compared to valium in which i find it amplifies my emotions somewhat

what typical dose of Valium gives you recreational feelings?

I like the effects of xanax best out of these 3 but my vote has to go with c-pam because I'm way less likely to blackout eat the whole bottle and do FUCKED UP shit on them vs me on xans lol

Thing is this question isnt really complete... Fav benzo for what? Medical reasons or fun?

what typical dose of Valium gives you recreational feelings?

I would get that recreational high from as little as 10mg i found with no tolerance.

20mg is probably a typical dose for people with some gaba tolerance using it recreationally, again everyone is different. I feel my gaba system is fairly sensitive, i suffer anxiety alot so 10mg would get me nicely relaxed and chatty aswell as feeling that loss of inhibitions. That feeling doesnt last long for me.

So if i had to pick i would pick clonaz. Keeps me more grounded and feels it has little recreational value

Yes nowadays more than 20 mg will just make me sleepy which isn't really what i want when i take diazepam.

I like the effects of xanax best out of these 3 but my vote has to go with c-pam because I'm way less likely to blackout eat the whole bottle and do FUCKED UP shit on them vs me on xans lol

Thing is this question isnt really complete... Fav benzo for what? Medical reasons or fun?

both I guess, but recreationally/for fun primarily - which makes you feel higher?

Last edited:
I would get that recreational high from as little as 10mg i found with no tolerance.

20mg is probably a typical dose for people with some gaba tolerance using it recreationally, again everyone is different. I feel my gaba system is fairly sensitive, i suffer anxiety alot so 10mg would get me nicely relaxed and chatty aswell as feeling that loss of inhibitions. That feeling doesnt last long for me.

So if i had to pick i would pick clonaz. Keeps me more grounded and feels it has little recreational value

2mg of Clonaz is roughly equal to around 20mg of Val I think, although I know it's not an exact science and mileage can vary considerably.

Do you find having an empty stomach helps, or best taken with food?

2mg of Clonaz is roughly equal to around 20mg of Val I think, although I know it's not an exact science and mileage can vary considerably.

Do you find having an empty stomach helps, or best taken with food?

Personally i prefer having some lining on the stomach when injesting most things. Although some drugs do benefit from not having a full stomach i feel valium doesn't give me any stomach problems like ibrupofen for example.

I mainly prefer eating food before injesting pills as i have found my stomach is really sensitive to ibrupofen or other nsaids

Would say for effects eating on a fairly empty stomach is the way to go

Also i find 2mg of clonazepam to be much less intense at its peak compared to 20mg of valium

because they're too fast acting?
No, cause diazepam is the one I got used to, and it has good muscle relaxing and sedating properties, while clonazepam is great for anxiety and long lasting. I never got much benefit from alprazolam and am sticking to benzos that work better for me. I am taking them therapeutically, not recreational. Cant say which is best "to get high".