• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Benzos Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Diazepam - which do you prefer?

Which is your favourite Benzo of the following?

• Total voters
I liked some of the RC benzos pre-UK psychoactive law change when you could obtain hundreds with ease from clearnet but I took and combined so many back then I can't recall a favourite.

Of the "legit" ones, diazepam is still the gold standard for me. Alp is strong yes but I find it makes me unnecessarily ragey, even at 1mg. Clonazepam is ok, I don't really feel much on it but then I try not to go too high on the dose. Sorts your head out after coke binge for instance but I don't find it sedating and actually find it makes me sort of depressed and listless. Diazepam has that huge half-life but as others have noted but the duration of "felt" effect seems quite short to me, 2-3 hours at most. Tends to make me feel better the next day though and is more uplifting then clonazepam. Clonazepam does seem to last much longer but as stated, at doses up to 2mg I don't feel anything really, maybe just takes edge of.

Anyway trying to finally get away from relying on these fuckers and diazepam again is really the better option for tapering. I had been clean from them for a couple of years after the RC abuse days but have had to turn to them to aid withdrawing from other shit. To be honest with benzos they are only good in combination with something else, like a joint + diaz is lovely. On their own they just feel like medication. Yes you can take a mega dose but you just gonna get sleepy and slurry. I don't get any euphoria, but it would potentiate a weed high or make me nod much deeper on gear.

^^^ I completely agree.

Benzos can be a cure for problems, and not a problem in themselves. Sadly, this class of medications has now become so demonised, that hardly anybody outside of a handful of members on Bluelight, and other anxiety sufferers elsewhere, sees things that way. Benzos really can help people, and make a huge difference to anxiety that otherwise can be so crippling as to severely restrict life.

I see it as a gross inequality that those with the means to afford private psychiatrists can obtain legitimate benzo prescriptions for their anxiety (if it is resistant to other treatments) whilst those that have to rely on state services like the NHS in the UK simply will not get a prescription of any more than a few weeks. No matter what the circumstances. And only if they are very lucky. I have heard tales of anxiety patients in their last few years of life, having their prescriptions taken away from them and being forced to live in abject misery due to being forced to suffer their anxiety with no help. Who does anybody think they are helping by doing this? It is a disgrace.

This theme is my current hobby horse / soap box theme and I could go an about things for ever. I'll stop there for now.
According to NICE guidelines, NO ONE should be forced to stop taking benzodiazepines against their will, when it has been a repeat prescription.
My wife's old docs tried this shit. I gave her a copy of the exact wording of the NICE guidelines. She said it was funny to watch them backpedalling so quickly, it was just panic!

I prefer tiagabine to any benzo probably - it's the only GABA reuptake inhibitor around and for whatever reason only sold in France, and the US. But it wasn't just superior in relieving anxiety without any tiredness or other signs of intoxication (at low dose) when dosed higher with pregabalin and tilidin it provided a very nice high.

250px-Tiagabine.svg.png

But because the poll has limited options, I've selected alprazolam. It has additional dopaminergic properties and sedates less than other benzos.