• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Christian Rätsch dead at 65 - a German anthropologist and writer on topics like ethnopharmacology, psychoactive plants and animals

Agreed.This "Enciclopedia"seems wonderful work.The man is also very interesting,but hardly can understand on deutch the conversation...I even ain't got the works of Hoffman...Richard Even Schulltz is another incredible character,scientist&explorer....The topic is quite interesting👍😀
His other books are much more interesting though, the encyclopaedia is just that
He is doing some great work on exploring ancient shamanism

RIP Christian and thank you. I have your encyclopedia of psychoactive plants right smack in the middle of my coffee table for any and all to see and comment on if they enter my home. (next to it is Plants of the Gods by Hoffman and Schultes, then next to that is Stephen Hawking The Universe In A Nutshell)

edit: also, dissing the Oktoberfest, real classy. Nobody forces you to go.

Nothing against the Oktoberfest in general, we have the Reeperbahn aka Kiez over here in Hamburg, a bit dirtier but similar in fame.

See and watch this domentary from the Spiegel, I think it’s the part where some alcohol mentions the so cruel and heartless attitude of the Germans, if you see it maybe you are getting what I mean, not really important but just fyi.

Nothing against the Oktoberfest in general, we have the Reeperbahn aka Kiez over here in Hamburg, a bit dirtier but similar in fame.

See and watch this domentary from the Spiegel, I think it’s the part where some alcohol mentions the so cruel and heartless attitude of the Germans, if you see it maybe you are getting what I mean, not really important but just fyi.

To be honest I don't know many Germans,
but I didn't like the people up there in general visiting places like Berlin or Frankfurt.
I liked people from Cologne, they were fun to be around

As said, I'm Bavarian, we're a completely different culture,
so I don't think I'm experiencing Germans as you do

I have a friend from Saxony. And she's very nice. That's it.
All the Germans I know by name aside from famous people. I don't count BaWüs here, they're too similar to us,
and they're not really Germans in my eyes either, at least people from the Allgäu

we have much more in common with Austria and Switzerland,
so those are our brethren. Germans? We don't know them well

yea bavarian i suppose. i know some from bawü, i am originally from hessen but grew up in schleswig holstein near the elbe. like it here, the free view to the horizons. no mountains, my favorite countryside. never seen bavaria myself. was on mc-pomm for 7month, hamburg, sh, hessen, niedersdachsen and bawü. the rest just driving through. colonge i was 2 times, drank some kölsch etc it was ok but nothing special. i am catholic with all the things that go with it, but cannot stand christians anymore.

yea bavarian i suppose. i know some from bawü, i am originally from hessen but grew up in schleswig holstein near the elbe. like it here, the free view to the horizons. no mountains, my favorite countryside. never seen bavaria myself. was on mc-pomm for 7month, hamburg, sh, hessen, niedersdachsen and bawü. the rest just driving through. colonge i was 2 times, drank some kölsch etc it was ok but nothing special. i am catholic with all the things that go with it, but cannot stand christians anymore.
well Bavarians we're a bit.. at first we seem like the most braindead, twisted, dark people on the planet, and we got a thick shell, but we're very simple and sweet deep down. One beer is half a meal, so two beers is a meal. And ofc you want something to drink to your food, so 3 beers should be plenty. We're a weird mix of Catholics and Pagans, and a bunch that are both, since festivals like the Oktoberfest, Johannifeuer, etc. are all Pagan festivals.

Did not like the scenery much up North, have been to the Ostsee, that sucked.
Landscape is fucking beautiful here though
konigssee-lake-aug-2016.jpg

Being german seems a major fucking chore
yeah Germans hate Germans

i need 1,5hours to the ostsee, its rather a tümpel then meer. but yeah landscape in germany is one of its big plusses.

i could post some papers with wrong information, but im too lazy atm. examples include that tramadol was found in the roots of an african plant, simply not possible.
Tramadol WAS found in samples of those tree roots, but it wasn’t produced endogenously. Tramadol is heavily abused in that area, the working theory is that it then leeches into the environment via human waste effluent, and animal waste from those that drink the water or eat the grass in the area. It then leeches into the trees, and trace amounts are detectable. Certainly not enough to be responsible for any purported psychoactive effects though.

Tramadol WAS found in samples of those tree roots, but it wasn’t produced endogenously. Tramadol is heavily abused in that area, the working theory is that it then leeches into the environment via human waste effluent, and animal waste from those that drink the water or eat the grass in the area. It then leeches into the trees, and trace amounts are detectable. Certainly not enough to be responsible for any purported psychoactive effects though.

thats another story then. hard to believe that tramdol consumption which always leads to the metabolism of said tramadol can in any way cause tramadol to be found in the roots of an african plant.

take this then:

i smoked w-15 numerous times and it was defentively active as a mu agonist. it was weak, the 4-chloro is not perfect for binding but w-15 is still a shitty mu agonist that noone really needs. because its too weak for producing any euphoria nor antinociception because a full dose of it lasts arond 1-1,5h and thats it. it was clearly a mu agonist and these papers come out all the time.

see tianeptine:
how can a drug that has been delevoped in the 60s can be deemed a SSRE for decades whereas anybody using, inventing or at least going throgh stages 1-4 with it, cleasrly gets the feeling that they are taking a mu-agonist. this is just nonsense.
see amphetamine:
synthesized in 1897 it really lay there for over 40years and nobody got an idea like this might be good for having orgies during the golden 20s, but no. wiki states: Amphetamine had no medical use until late 1933, when Smith, Kline and French began selling it as an inhaler under the brand name Benzedrine as a decongestant.

this is bullshit.

oh there are some papers that are full of shit. could post some. shulgin published nonsense in an obscure journal for example. and some information in pihkal were also wrong.

hofmann talked gibberish when it came to the invention of lsd for example. read it just a while ago. it was total nonsense...

i could post some papers with wrong information, but im too lazy atm. examples include that tramadol was found in the roots of an african plant, simply not possible.
the other is the myth that diazepam is found in potatoes, also not right.
and there is a recent paper that states that w-15 is not a mu agonist. this is also nonsense...
As to diazepam-non sence.it is fully synthetic.As to tram-ye before coyple of years,there's a study of french scientist,that claimed,that he founds a not less quantity of tramadol in the rootbark of variety of pincushion tree-Nauclea Latifolia,which is plentiful tree in West Africa...later came some contraargument,that examples were contaminated with urine of livestock,which local veterinars give to them...tillnow for me is not clear-Is Tramadol fully synthetic create by germans or really exist in nature🤔🧐🙄.
PS.
It's interesting to point out,that this tree,if my memory don't lies is close to Mytragina tree(and locals use it like analgesic in folk medicine).....well for me there is always been some simmilarities between Kratom&Tramadol in effects...besides,that tram is much more long acting

Last edited:
Hey sorry man...Are u scientist,a pharmacologist?There is no proof in one or other direction....The contraarguments came from Grünnental,which is not weight in a scale at all,'cause,if it reveales that is naturally accuring alcaloid-well,that's a shame&even fraudness from the side of the german company...in any case this was a very hush-hush thing&all later sink in silence