• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social CD social V the future is here

Sorry for the interruption, y'all, but a thread was rudely closed before I had a chance to respond to my favorite Bluelighter:

egzoset said:
I hold no judgement whatsoever...

But you might consider injecting in the eye, moderators...

Well we learned say NO to tinctures in there, that's some achievement. Now you can close while i have the last conclusion word!

😇

My guy, you don't know me well enough.

I'm curious what you meant with that first sentence. Go ahead and respond in French, brother, your English is oftentimes nonsensical. I think talking with you would work much better if you spoke in a language you were nuanced in and just let me go ahead and get it translated myself.

Hit a heavy dose of the munchies last night pizza and chocolate. My insides are feeling it today.

Definitely the biggest drawback with weed for me.

Hit a heavy dose of the munchies last night pizza and chocolate. My insides are feeling it today.

Definitely the biggest drawback with weed for me.

Every weekend I feast like a king! Then eat peanuts throughout the workweek

monday morning shits sometimes go 4 rounds,

Increase your fiber as you increase your consumption i.e. munchies. Obviously sugar is going to work against this but keep your head up, there are a lot of tasty things out there such as delicious succulent prime meats seared on onion battered skillets.

There are always dope options.

Increase your fiber as you increase your consumption i.e. munchies. Obviously sugar is going to work against this but keep your head up, there are a lot of tasty things out there such as delicious succulent prime meats seared on onion battered skillets.

Also hydrate!

And that doesn't just mean water, electrolytes are key!

But what are electrolytes?

That's what they make Brawndo with, dummy, it's got electrolytes!

(I'm sorry but it's summer and we've got a scorcher of a week coming up and my management team has been singing the hydration song all god damn week, it's been at the top of my mind)

Also, just made some snickerdoodles with weed butter so ayyyyyyy let's see how this turned out. All I can say at this point is that the whole house smells like skunk and cinnamon, with a little bit of a citrusy kind of hint in the air.

[EDIT: So the past several times i've made brownies (and this time cookies) i've noticed that the first one I eat, fresh out of the oven and barely cool enough to not burn your tongue, always seems way more potent than every subsequent cookie/brownie out of the batch. Am I trippin' with that realization? Does it mean I'm overcooking? Leaving them out too long? Not eating them fast enough, fuck, there's so many possiblities....

Because god damnit man, these snickerdoodles hit like a fuckin' bouncer at the club. I didn't take my first bite more than 20min ago, but I'm on an empty stomach and used some soy lecithin this time. The first brownies hit like a champ too, though, but maybe it was just a case of developing tolerance as i worked my way through trays?

I hope to fuck this post is coherent because I've edited maybe 17 times in the past 8 minutes to try and articulate better, lol]

Last edited:
20min ago,
I get hit at 5-10 minutes in. It took me a year of dosing everyday to get it to hit me that quick. I used to be one of those people who complained about it taking hours to kick in. There's no magic ingredient, just experience.

It's one of the biggest stoner secrets that I don't mind taking to my grave.

Lots of energy from this haze I've been smoking. Had my first two bowls of the day there out in the sun. Feeling turbo high and refreshed.

Just managed to stick an extra full set on each exercise in my chest & triceps workout.

Ay muh fuckaz! Quick question but anyone who answers will have my undying gratitude.

I'm too used to reddit, how the FUCK do you tag someone around here? I used to be able to do it on .ru but i can't remember either how I used to or how it changed with the different domains.

muchos gracias
[EDIT: SOLVED!]

Last edited:

I go through 1kg of popcorn kernels in 8 days. I eat a lot of popcorn (a dialysis friendly food) that I can mindlessly eat) drenched in butter. Cholesterol ain't a problem yet.

Tom

But yeah, peanuts in shell, dry roasted or PB&J sandwiches. But the chocolate bars and sour patch kids magically disappear too.

I go through 1kg of popcorn kernels in 8 days. I eat a lot of popcorn (a dialysis friendly food) that I can mindlessly eat) drenched in butter. Cholesterol ain't a problem yet.

Tom

But yeah, peanuts in shell, dry roasted or PB&J sandwiches. But the chocolate bars and sour patch kids magically disappear too.
I love being able to mindlessly eat fatty foods. I miss being able to do that with all foods. The older I get the more time I spend looking at the ingredients to see if they contradict any of my conditions.

My weaknesses are peanut M&Ms and reese's pieces.

I love being able to mindlessly eat fatty foods. I miss being able to do that with all foods. The older I get the more time I spend looking at the ingredients to see if they contradict any of my conditions.

My weaknesses are peanut M&Ms and reese's pieces.

My downfall was potato chips (the salt > high blood pressure). Now I’m not supposed to eat them b/c of the potassium. Tortilla/Taco chips are ok cause they’re made of corn (little potassium). But the dips, melted cheese or refried beans are fair game for me. Chocolate’s ok but I don’t really like it. Same thing with most sweets.

I basically have to watch out for potassium and phosphorus. So, no soda pops with Phosphoric Acid. Oddly enough, Citric Acid is okay so I guzzle Red Bull a lot. And a lot of unusual ethnic snacks like dried, flavored seaweed and Indian Bhujia (little fritters made of chickpea flour, deep fried and heavily spiced).

Sigh

Tom

My downfall was potato chips (the salt > high blood pressure). Now I’m not supposed to eat them b/c of the potassium. Tortilla/Taco chips are ok cause they’re made of corn (little potassium). But the dips, melted cheese or refried beans are fair game for me. Chocolate’s ok but I don’t really like it. Same thing with most sweets.

I basically have to watch out for potassium and phosphorus. So, no soda pops with Phosphoric Acid. Oddly enough, Citric Acid is okay so I guzzle Red Bull a lot. And a lot of unusual ethnic snacks like dried, flavored seaweed and Indian Bhujia (little fritters made of chickpea flour, deep fried and heavily spiced).

Sigh

Tom

Alright, so....

so what's the verdict on Doritos?

And jesus christ those are a lot of considerations. I remember talking with you about medical shit in the past but hollllllllly shit, I never realized how much potential food was being stolen from you. 😢

Sigh

Tom
Potassium is in a lot of things, that must be difficult to manage.

Both my partner and I have to watch our salt intake. It's a struggle for sure.

Alright, so....

so what's the verdict on Doritos?

And jesus christ those are a lot of considerations. I remember talking with you about medical shit in the past but hollllllllly shit, I never realized how much potential food was being stolen from you. 😢
Doritos are ‘sort of‘ ok. they are made of corn, so that’s good - but the salt is ~2000mg Sodium for a whole bag, which would be okay if that was the only thing I ate in a whole day. Add in dips, refried beans or cheese sauce and it starts to become questionable. I can compensate to an extent by eating very low sodium the day before and after I ‘sodium binge’. Also if I restrict fluid intake (think of salt as a water magnet) that helps. Since my fluid intake is geared towards caffeine (Red Bull, coffee or tea) I be okay with that.

Potassium high foods (potato, banana and tomatoes) cause a problem; so tomatoe salsa gets replaced by tomatillo salsa. red pasta sauce gets replaced by white sauces or pesto sauces. Pizza is a rarity, sadly.

Phosphorus has to be watched. I don’t understand the chemistry behind it but an overload of Phosphorus can cause Calcium to be leeched from my bones (think old lady type osteoporosis) and since I’m always stumbling about when on edibles I‘m careful with this as well. This one isn’t too much of a problem; ditching the Coke and switching to Red Bull and not eating 4 helpings of Chili when I cook that.

I’m supposed to watch the coffee, buttttttt…..just started dialysis about 30 minutes ago and one nurse brought me an extra large coffee. So I waited to start drinking it until after my blood was drawn.

Yeah it’s work, but I figure I was tailor made for this with a biochem degree. And I consume poundloads of candy b/c I’m not diabetic.

Tom

Forgot to add that for the first 5.5 years of dialysis I was doing it myself at home, 4 times a day, about 35 minutes per treatment. So 28 times a week. But there were a number of infections and they wanted to make sure I recovered ok, so I was switched to Hemodialysis (I call it the blood vampire type). That's done at the hospital only 3 times a week for about 3.5 hours a pop. It's kinda boring but I have free high speed wifi, tv and one nurse always brings me coffee. But my diet is more restricted now on Haemo. Thank God I can still eat Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, etc. And since corn is ok that means tacos, tortillas, enchiladas, tamale(sp?) and all kinds of Mexican food is open to me. Since the hospital is close to the ferry terminal from Maine, it's close to all the restaurant someone thought Americans would love (McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendys, KFC, Burger King and a few others. Plus they will steam a lobster for me while I grocery shop. Seafood is cheap. 3-4 types of live clams, 3-4 types of liveoysters, crab, live mussels, etc

Last edited:
Potassium is in a lot of things, that must be difficult to manage.

Both my partner and I have to watch our salt intake. It's a struggle for sure.
I was given target limits of 2000mg per day for potassium, sodium and phosphorus. That’s only 3 components I have to balance/manage. Until I quit work and went on medical disanility I was involved in diet preparation in Animal Science; I didn’t formulate the diets but sorta learned along the way. Those were typically 10-20 ingredient diets. I just mentally add up those 3 ingredients as the day goes along and try to stick to 2000/day for all.

Tom

Doritos are ‘sort of‘ ok. they are made of corn, so that’s good - but the salt is ~2000mg Sodium for a whole bag, which would be okay if that was the only thing I ate in a whole day. Add in dips, refried beans or cheese sauce and it starts to become questionable. I can compensate to an extent by eating very low sodium the day before and after I ‘sodium binge’. Also if I restrict fluid intake (think of salt as a water magnet) that helps. Since my fluid intake is geared towards caffeine (Red Bull, coffee or tea) I be okay with that.

Potassium high foods (potato, banana and tomatoes) cause a problem; so tomatoe salsa gets replaced by tomatillo salsa. red pasta sauce gets replaced by whote sauces or pesto sauces. Pizza is a rarity, sadly.

Phosphorus has to be watched. I don’t understand the chemistry behind it but an overload of Phosphorus can cause Calcium to be leeched from my bones (think old lady type osteoporosis) and since I’m always stumbling about when on edibles I‘m careful with this as well. This one isn’t too much of a problem; ditching the Coke and switching to Red Bull and not eating 4 helpings of Chili when I cook that.

I’m supposed to watch the coffee, buttttttt…..just started dialysis about 30 minutes ago and one nurse brought me an extra large coffee. So I waited to start drinking it until after my blood was drawn.

Yeah it’s work, but I figure I was tailor made for this with a biochem degree. And I consume poundloads of candy b/c I’m not diabetic.

Tom

Soooooo..... have you ever tried making Doritos seasonings at home?

I remember there was a BANGIN' one I found years ago but for the life of me I can't remember where it was.

This one seems similar enough:

I tried searching for a low/no sodium one but it seems like they all call for salt in varying amount. It doesn't seem much to me, but then again I'm not you. ^_^

I'm sure you could experiment with combinations to try and discover a dope blend that uses little-to-no salt.

@Jibult Thanks for the seasoning mix recipe. I’ve got everything except for nutritional yeast so will try it out tonight on some nacho chips I’ve got, Also have some sour cream, and ground beef, shredded cheese so I think loaded Nachos are on the menu for tonight.

Tom

Any of y'all peep this shit online? Can't get it out of my head, man: