• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CD Social V. I. Am. Not. Your. Foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they pay their budtenders who do the harvest, cure, and trim a lot. They deserve it.

For sure. Trimming is so tedious and sticky and tedious hah. But curing is fun.. popping open those mason jars

giphy.gif

You sure you're talking about the same thing as me? On job listings for cannabis farms here they talk about their budtenders picking, curing, trimming, etc.

Nope, I've only ever heard of folks in dispensaries and rec shops being called budtenders.

Not saying you're wrong, that's just what I thought you meant-- that the folks making transactions and dispensing info in the shops were actually growing and processing the product they push. I even googled it after I read this reply and I honestly don't think I'm the one with the misconception here, but it is what it is. Shit's always subject to change.

Last edited:
Trimming gets old fast. Super silver haze is amazing. Had an early awakening, was exhausted feel wired now and giggly. Felt like I was so burnt out I was just gonna pass out and I'd like to make maple crepes now before doing that.

Taking a break until Monday because I haven't had a single day off since I had some pretty dark times 3 weeks ago now or so, coming up on 4 weeks I think... the time passed really fast. I guess that was my goal so it worked. But I need to stop using it as a crutch.

My babies are looking healthy. Got some sprouts out of the rockwool and a teen that's ready to flower

Trimming gets old fast. Super silver haze is amazing. Had an early awakening, was exhausted feel wired now and giggly. Felt like I was so burnt out I was just gonna pass out and I'd like to make maple crepes now before doing that.

Really really thin pancakes?

Day 1 of my break was rough but I don't think it was the weed. I've taken 24 hours between stones a couple times since my last break, I didn't count it as a day off because I still got high on each calendar day. Started to feel insane so I took some hydroxyzine as a sedative and antipsychotic in case there was something going on with that. Helped, went to sleep, woke up feeling better.

you mean topicals containing cannabis? do you know about the preparation, concentration and so? I also have psoriasis and recently made an extract from some trainwreck trim in olive oil (heated it for an hour for decarboxylation), but only used it once on my scalp so not sure yet if it helps...

I don't know about the preparation but I can give you the ingredients listed and tell you that in 10ml of salve there is 25mg THC. Ingredients are: Extra-virgin olive oil, Cold-pressed organic coconut oil, Cannabis, Calendula, St. John's Wort, Lavender flower, Chamomile flower, Organic Beeswax, Vitamin E, Essential oils of Rosemary and Lavender. The strain they use to make it is called White Castle and smells incredible lol. It's made by a company called cannalife botanicals, they have a website you can check out that may be of some help.

thanks for the info :)

do you have psoriasis as a skin condition? if so, where does it show up? my sis unfortunately has it as arthritis, which really sucks, I'm not there (yet), hopefully I can dodge that bullet... only nasty itchy patches on my scalp...

Does anyone know if THC absorbs in any worthwhile amount transdermally? A lot of dispensaries here have like salves and bath salts with THC but I feel like it's unlikely that you're going to get much of a dose unless you like, took a half ounce of bud, decarbed it, then emulsified it into the bath water. And even then only if THC will pass through the skin.

edit: Did a little reading and the internet says topicals do not work. It claims they can work on your cannabinoid receptors at skin level but I'd be doubtful of that. Transdermal PATCHES however, supposedly work and can get you high somehow. Must have some compound in them to make the molecules cross your skin's defenses.

just educated guessing here, but since cannabinoids are super non-polar, I would think that they will absorb. getting high on topicals is absurd though, but that is not what they are for?

just educated guessing here, but since cannabinoids are super non-polar, I would think that they will absorb. getting high on topicals is absurd though, but that is not what they are for?

My thing is... how the fuck are they going to treat muscle pain, inflammation, etc without getting into your bloodstream in worthwhile quantities? They won't. Topicals really don't do that much. 95% of OTC and even many prescription topicals are snake oil placebos. The only reason icyhot works for example is because rubbing it all over your back is about equivalent to eating 20 aspirin. The only topical drug that actually works that comes to mind in fact is lidocaine and other -caines. I simply never see actual irrefutable evidence of most topicals working.

Lidocaine doesn't work by entering the bloodstream. It's local, just like the THC/CBD patches. There's aren't many reasons why you would want topicals all over your body anyway. Even sunscreen isn't put on the areas of your body that are covered.

They work, but for different reasons as bagseed suggested. It's also expensive and taken by people who don't have many options medically.

Lidocaine doesn't work by entering the bloodstream. It's local, just like the THC/CBD patches. There's aren't many reasons why you would want topicals all over your body anyway. Even sunscreen isn't put on the areas of your body that are covered.

They work, but for different reasons as bagseed suggested. It's also expensive and taken by people who don't have many options medically.

I didn't say it entered the blood stream. I said it was one of the only topical drugs that I know actually does what people claim it does. And it only does that BECAUSE it doesn't need to absorb into the blood stream significantly to produce effects.

I see what what you mean.

I don't think it's too difficult to prove cannabis topicals can work as a local drug as well as entering the bloodstream however.

I see what what you mean.

I don't think it's too difficult to prove cannabis topicals can work as a local drug as well as entering the bloodstream however.

True but I've never heard anyone I trust (to not be reporting a placebo effect) say that they work.

Yeah, I've seen several different topical/patch products in the rec shops but never bother.

It seems like it should only be taken seriously by people in the medical community who actually need it.

If I had $50 to waste on a small handful of treatments I'd try a salve or something, but they're definitely not cost effective if they even work.

thanks for the info :)

do you have psoriasis as a skin condition? if so, where does it show up? my sis unfortunately has it as arthritis, which really sucks, I'm not there (yet), hopefully I can dodge that bullet... only nasty itchy patches on my scalp...

If left untreated I get patches of redness that appear on my knuckles of both hands that eventually turn grey and (I hear) will then crack, bleed, and scab over. I haven't let it get to that point yet and it really only started showing up since around January but apparently mine is the age where onset tends to happen.

TN I don't have any papers to show but I believe there are cannabinoid receptors that can be reached transdermally. Crazy that topical prices are so high for you. The 15ml I got was cheap and has lasted since August, I'm getting to about the last 3rd of the jar now.

I believe you're right about cannabinoid (specifically CB2) receptors in your skin but the effects are likely very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.