• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CD Social V. I. Am. Not. Your. Foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Music is pretty affordable, until you turn into a gear junkie.. I've spent so much money on guitars, pedals, amps, mics, cables, and so on. Nice music gear is money well spent IMO though.. most of my stuff holds its value pretty well too, some guitars actually go up.

I spent $350 on headphones once and after that decided I'd go the route I go with everything else, instead of spending money on stupid brand names that have good quality control but shit value (think Alienware PCs, Bose/Beats headphones, cars where you pay for the badge, etc), I try to look for obscure brands that may not have great customer support or may have say an odd interface but are wayyyy better bang for the buck.

i dont know, ive been looking for a farm so i can grow weed, and land aint cheap lol

The truth is that wherever land is cheap, pot is still illegal and wherever it's legal land is crazy expensive.:! On that note, a few people here have figured it out as I live in one of the most expensive (land and housing-wise) places in the states and I just went to the county Canna Cup where all the growers were vying for titles (and giving away products!:D) so I guess where there is a will, there is a way. I still suck at growing pot. If only my roses, dahlias and tomatoes were psychoactive....

Here is a photo from the Canna Cup:IMG_5954

ZL3Zq.jpg

My camera has become weirdly bad at focusing on weed of all things... like my dog and landscapes and people all look fine but weed is kinda fuzzy.

I have to skip the last day of my tolerance break, I was going to go for a week but I feel I deserve weed right now. I have a job in shipping, as you can imagine basically anybody that ships anything has a huge volume to move from around black friday through december.

I spent $350 on headphones once and after that decided I'd go the route I go with everything else, instead of spending money on stupid brand names that have good quality control but shit value (think Alienware PCs, Bose/Beats headphones, cars where you pay for the badge, etc), I try to look for obscure brands that may not have great customer support or may have say an odd interface but are wayyyy better bang for the buck.

Yeah electronics don't really hold their value very well, but with things like guitars, especially acoustic guitars, it's worth spending the extra money for a name like Gibson or Taylor, especially if you are spending 1k+ on a single instrument. I've seen vintage 1950's Gibson les pauls go for 20-50k. Name brand amps will hold their value better as well if they have a name brand on them. When buying more expensive gear, I feel more comfortable with a name I trust in terms of quality and craftsmanship. Plus it's way easier to sell or trade later on.

Collectors or anyone planning to make money off a purchase really need to know what will appreciate and what will depreciate though.

What will a pre-zinc penny be worth in 2100 for example? Maybe 2 cents?

What will a 2005 civic be worth in 20 years? Probably nothing.

I don't really intend to make money off my music gear, just nice having stuff that I is easy to trade or resell and I know I won't lose money. It's not really that complicated in the short term if you have a basic understanding of the market.

Civics aren't worth much for a few reasons. They are mass produced and they aren't a high performance car. A well kept mid 90's Toyota supra will resell for more than a lot of cars fresh off the lot because they are somewhat uncommon and highly sought after for their performance.

Music equipment is similar. Quality, performance, and scarcity.

^Is it really an argument?

I enjoy collecting things. I collect vinyl and old school video gaming gear. I've seen all of my collections appreciate in value over time, sometimes by over 100%. Gotta be a bargain shopper with used gear like that though, I get a lot of good stuff at estate sales and ebay lol. Sometimes thrift shops.

I'm vaping a ton of harle-tsu right now which is about 15% CBD 1% THC. So anxious about some stuff I have to do in a bit and hoping it helps. It seems to distract my mind but my body still feels tense and nervous.

^Is it really an argument?

I enjoy collecting things. I collect vinyl and old school video gaming gear. I've seen all of my collections appreciate in value over time, sometimes by over 100%. Gotta be a bargain shopper with used gear like that though, I get a lot of good stuff at estate sales and ebay lol. Sometimes thrift shops.

I've never had any luck with thrift shops or music shops or even music shops really. Craigslist and ebay are the shit tho, always people selling used gear. A lot of it is just timing and waiting until someone is looking to sell it quickly.

Those of you that use a vaporizer on lower temperatures, say 400ish and below (at least some of the time), do you see much visible vapor? With my vaporizer I see visible blue vapor pretty easily at 410 and 428f, but 392 and below not so much if any at all.

^ I never see much visible vapor. Not a big fan of vaping myself, because it lacks the same ritual/experience of smoking, as well as that 'oooommph!' that smoking offers when you first light up heheh.

I just can't stand the coughing and lung irritation with smoking, I'm always 100% for harm reduction too so the potential benefit I see being worth the initial cost increase.

Those of you that use a vaporizer on lower temperatures, say 400ish and below (at least some of the time), do you see much visible vapor? With my vaporizer I see visible blue vapor pretty easily at 410 and 428f, but 392 and below not so much if any at all.

that doesn't sound right, maybe your temp control is off by a few degrees? i get pretty thick vapour starting at around 370

Thujone... that's a name I haven't seen in a long time being off of here for a few years. How have you been? Nice post count right now, exactly 10,000.

The way my vaporizer seems to work is the ready light turns on at the lower end of the temperature range (obviously it can't precisely hold it at EXACTLY 392 degrees, but it probably goes like 380-400 back and forth), and then you can still hear the really faint buzzing from the circuitry for several seconds and it turns off. I'm guessing if I waited until it was at the top of its temperature range it would probably produce some vapor but I usually only give it a couple seconds after the light turns on.

Yeah I remember you from a while back, welcome back :) It has taken me a while to hit 10k but considering I don't post in the lounge it's big enough a number.

It sounds like the issue you have with your vape is that it turns off the heating element when it hits the target temp. Temps drop out of useful range fast so if you vape a lot it's worth investing in a quality vape that has the circuitry to maintain the temp you select until you manually shut it off.

^ I never see much visible vapor. Not a big fan of vaping myself, because it lacks the same ritual/experience of smoking, as well as that 'oooommph!' that smoking offers when you first light up heheh.

If you get a chance you should try a Sublimator. I used to feel the same and preferred bongs for the huge rips you could take to any vape out there. Once I got the sub I've never looked back. You get nice big clouds of vapour and it hits hard, maybe even harder than a bong. Plus you can dab off it too which is a nice benefit (I still use a rig for dabs though).

I've been thinking about upgrading to a true convection vaporizer, but it's a toooon of money. I'm going to try to get as much use out of my $60 vaporizer as I can for now lol, it's working well, although I'm sure a convection one will work even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.