• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cats Claw's effects on Methadone

Beans said:
That's incorrect. Actually, grapefruit juice DECREASES the effects of methadone.

mitogen said:
Where did you get that from?

Beans is wrong, Grapefruit Juice potentiates Methadone because it inhibits the CYP3A4 enzymes, which metabolize Methadone to inactive metabolites.
So if you drink Grapefruit juice before taking Methadone, there will be less Methadone converted to inactive products -> stronger effect...

^yea the theory is though, that the massive concentrations of citric acid and shit may somewhat negate this effect, but it wouldnt matter as much as the CYP3A4 inhibition.

well?

What happened to ya Dextermeth? I ate 3 cat's claw pills today after my a.m. dose of 90 mgs 'done.

I ate two more with lunch. Usually around 4 or 5 in the afternoon I feel really wiped out. It's around 2 now.

What if one takes cat's claw, grapefruits and chamomile with methadone: CYP 3A4 inhibitors all?

xor said:
so i'm wondering will this cats claw if it works at all, just increase drowsiness, or will it increase euphoria or will it just lengthen the duration of the drug in my body, or all of the above or a combination?

is the stuff cheap? can it be obtained at a pharmacy or head shop or online or something? legally i guess is what i mean.. and should it be taken in a pure form or in some sort of pill in which it is contained along with other herbs/chemicals/fillers? pm me if you like

I just purchased a bottle of 90 x 500mg caps of cat's claw from my local health food store and I paid £10.99 which is approximately $22. And considering its efficacy I'd say it was cheap.

For the last three days I've taken 3 caps (1500mg total) each day with my 75mg of methadone (2 with my first 50mg, then 1 with my remaining 25mg of methadone later in the day) and I'd say it definitely potentiates effectively.

I've felt WAY higher from my methadone than usual (with absolute pinpoint pupils [which I don't get from methadone since gaining tolerance], insomnia and just feeling plain wrecked.

Also I'd say it lengthens the effects (both analgesic and euphoric) of the methadone by at least a third, maybe a half again than without it.

So here's a big thumbs up from me for methadone and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone currently on methadone who wishes to get more bang for their buck.

£10.99 ($22.00) for a month's worth of 1500mg daily dosing makes cat's claw excellent value for money in my book. I am pleasantly surprised at just how effective it is for potentiating the effects of methadone hcl.

thanks for raising the dead lazarus- at least for a change it was a worthwhile show of power.

I'm on a dose of 35mg methadone daily and have some 500mg Cat's Claw capsules. How many should I take and at what time in relation to when I take my methadone? Anyone know the best way?

Cats Claw and methadone

OK lets have a retry here... I posted a few days ago, and I havent checked out that post in a few days, turned out it got shut down because people cant get along when someone asks a question.

Anyways I was just wondering if I could get an honest answer without smart comments or people abusing eachother.

Has anyone use catsclaw with methadone with any positive effects? what were these effects? Did it make the methadone last longer, feel more potent, or did it make you nod more etc....

Also what mg of cats claw is the most effective? and how do you dose it? right before your methadone dose???

Plz help without the fighting. THanks guys.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=250298&highlight=cats+claw+methadone

That should tell you what you need to know. This has been covered in a couple threads actually.

If you read my post in your other thread, I mentioned that I'd taken cat's claw before and it did potentiate. I don't know the dosage but it was two of the pills from a vitamin store, and you take it 45 minutes to an hour before your methadone dose so that it will be fully in your system by the time the methadone hits.

I recall that there was a bit of an increased feeling of a high from the methadone, it was a bit more intense than normal. I also think it made the methadone high last longer, although methadone lasts long enough as it is. Didn't find myself nodding more, but then, I don't nod on methadone.

Read through that thread too; theres alot of good input on there.

well I don't know how old this thread is but I think I just add my experience.I live in a place where cats claw is really common.I bought an oz. of the dried plant an made a tea and an infusion- wich like 1-3g each-I took it 30 minutes before the done without any other "booster" like tagamet, and after 1 hour I felt a warmth feeling.YOU KNOW;floating.Not like cimetidine it was like they said: like take a quarter or more of my dose or had IV'ed some.
ps: i,'m a mmt patience

Today I bought 30mg of morphine (from paregoric).I PRELOADED WITH 800mg of cimetidine, hydroxizine and gabapentin .5 minutesbefore the done I IM 15mg of morfine.I felt litle .Took the 40mg done/2.5 clonazepam.I plan to do or 3 small IV morphine (5mg) in a period of 4 hours or I'll wait till methadone kick in (4 hours)
and then do another 15mg IM morphine.What would you guys say?

p.s this should be on the ultimate potentiation thread but I couldn't post it there.
p.s2 I can't do like a big 30mg IV shot because the proportion of the paregoric is 9,5mg/1ml of solution.Maybe I could do with a little experience and a 5ml syring but I can't IV more than 1ml without miss the vein or something like (as the paregoric are 15mg 30ml bottles reduce this to 1 mlin a spoon is quite hard

Fucking around with the plasma concentration, when I was on methadone maintenance, totally screwed up it's effectiveness. ...A cautionary note.

yes dexer your right.The morphine made me hardly feel the methadone.And I only felt the first IM 15mg(I did two shoots of 15mg) shoot.A wate.at's claw is the way to go.Dexter what about use loperamide do the same that the morphine?

sorry for kepping raising this thread but what about take CYP 3A4 inhibitors after the methadone ? if so how much should I wait ? till plasma peak ? 4 hours? or take those inhibitors after the done is a waste?

I have experimented with Cat's Claw and methadone/clonazepam. Now my aim was to get high on my methadone as I understood Cat's Claw to be a potentate of methadone. But to my dismay it doesn't work that way. I took the Cat's Claw on an empty stomach 45 minutes before I double dosed my methadone and Clonazepam and waited for the nod. It never came and furthermore, I felt normal all day as if I had taken my regular single dose. And the next day, I had no withdrawal as I had no dose for that day.
So Cat's Claw potentates in the way that it slows the metabolizing of methadone, it doesn't make the meth stronger. So it would be of use to someone who just wants to hold the methadone in their body for LONGER periods.

cats claw's been around forever and nobody ever looks into it. i used to have a methadone habit and the shit really has significant lengthening effects on methadones action/duration. 25% maybe? give or take placebo effect, but real
Im interested in trying this, I just got my methadone script filled this month...I am willing to go buy the cats claw (if I can find it), but since its a legal herb, shouldnt be too hard to find, I will try it and report the results on here...sound good?

On a daily basis, I take about 10-12 (10mg) methadone tabs, doing this, i feel pretty good most of the day, so maybe the cats claw will let me take less, so I may make it thru the entire month without running out early...that would be great!

Do you have any suggestions on how much cats claw I should take given the amount of methadone I am used to? Should I take the meth first or the cats claw? should I wait a certain amount of time between taking the 2? Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I take it right, and in the right amount, so I will know if its worth it or not...then I can let everyone else on here know!