• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Carpet pickers

It's a really fucked up behaviour but I do it on meth. I call it Treasure Hunting because it's not always shards. I've been drawn to magic mushrooms on the side of the road(completely hallucinating), recently I lost a bag of heroin in Sydney and spent 5-6 hours digging through council gardens trying to find it. I'd been awake 2-3 nights and it's like I get pulled into it and I cannot for the life of me stop until I'm exhausted. I never found my heroin.
I used to do it in my rooms and end up smoking salt usually lol but now it's moved on to other obsessions.
For me it's an OCD/Psychosis reaction to meth and one reason I very, very rarely do it and limit myself a lot.

have many of you on your travels or over the years come across people who when they have smoked their stash or nearly finished it seem to suddenly search every of carpet wall and even ceiling looking for any bits they think they dropped . And they start putting anything in their pipe that's to them looks like crack etc paint flakes of skirting board Brocken plaster of walls soap flakes dropped in washing laundry room etc is their defined mental health condition for such behaviour like ocd or something. I have rarely experienced being in the company of people/users doing it and it gets a bit freaky and then time for a quick exit is it me or has anyone else come across such behaviour
You know your down there Ghost Busting on your hands and knees. No sense in lying about it...😎

It's a really fucked up behaviour but I do it on meth. I call it Treasure Hunting because it's not always shards. I've been drawn to magic mushrooms on the side of the road(completely hallucinating), recently I lost a bag of heroin in Sydney and spent 5-6 hours digging through council gardens trying to find it. I'd been awake 2-3 nights and it's like I get pulled into it and I cannot for the life of me stop until I'm exhausted. I never found my heroin.
I used to do it in my rooms and end up smoking salt usually lol but now it's moved on to other obsessions.
For me it's an OCD/Psychosis reaction to meth and one reason I very, very rarely do it and limit myself a lot.
That's some fucked up shit...damn son, WTF are you thinking.

I have never and would never do this in front of another person no matter how loony I was getting. But I’ve sometimes done it at home at 1AM after a week ploughing through a bag.

I don’t recall it as being particularly desperate. More like too wired to go to bed and it seemed like a potentially productive activity once I was done with dissembling and reassembling my furniture and polishing my kitchen appliance blades with a Dremel.

Always found something worthwhile which shows how dopey and clumsy I am when getting high.

Carpet picking when running out of crack, a pathetic, agonizing feeling I find so true.
I take carpet picking on as a hobby while sitting on endless amounts of meth prolly dropped shards all over priceless, it's an acquired hobby I took on and can do with enjoyment when bored. Lol
It's a treasure hunt!