• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Carpet pickers

Crackwhacker

Bluelighter
have many of you on your travels or over the years come across people who when they have smoked their stash or nearly finished it seem to suddenly search every of carpet wall and even ceiling looking for any bits they think they dropped . And they start putting anything in their pipe that's to them looks like crack etc paint flakes of skirting board Brocken plaster of walls soap flakes dropped in washing laundry room etc is their defined mental health condition for such behaviour like ocd or something. I have rarely experienced being in the company of people/users doing it and it gets a bit freaky and then time for a quick exit is it me or has anyone else come across such behaviour

The only people I have had a session with haven't committed such behaviour until tonight I went round another users flat and soon a stash was gone he sadly went into such a moment of literarly stick anything that looked remotely like crack in pipe etc is there a defined mental condition for such behaviour or is it they can't handle coming down

Tweaking behaviors, when it comes to stimulants, are always exaggerated versions of things we are personally concerened about. For instance, someone with a natural streak of vanity is very likely to become a face picker, whereas someone with a natural tendency towards thriftiness are likely to be very concerned about any waste or fallen product. Obviously there is the added complication of drug users simply acting out fiending behavior.

I was always a weed bowl scraper, and concerned about getting every last bit of what ever substance I had because money was alwats tight and supplies always thin. When I got a hold if some meth for tye first time, the twerking behavior was something I expect, didnt understand, and of which I had no real self awareness. So I got down on all fours and scooped up every bit of dust, crumb, detergent and dead bug, and tried them all.

After a while of self observation and understandimg the drug cycle, I came to the point where I could meditate on the following:

There are not enough crumbs that have fallen to get even one good hit. There will never be enough crumbs to make it worth tge effort. I was then able to elevate my gaze from the floor to the table top. Now I straighten up the table when I enter the tweaking stage of the cycle.

Its also one of those things that somw people use as a rationalization to be able to say "I'm not as bad off as those weak minded drug slaves who pick the floor." Chances are if I am saying that to myself, I am blind to the weak minded things that I am engaged in.

Tweaking behaviors, when it comes to stimulants, are always exaggerated versions of things we are personally concerened about. For instance, someone with a natural streak of vanity is very likely to become a face picker, whereas someone with a natural tendency towards thriftiness are likely to be very concerned about any waste or fallen product. Obviously there is the added complication of drug users simply acting out fiending behavior.

I was always a weed bowl scraper, and concerned about getting every last bit of what ever substance I had because money was alwats tight and supplies always thin. When I got a hold if some meth for tye first time, the twerking behavior was something I expect, didnt understand, and of which I had no real self awareness. So I got down on all fours and scooped up every bit of dust, crumb, detergent and dead bug, and tried them all.

After a while of self observation and understandimg the drug cycle, I came to the point where I could meditate on the following:

There are not enough crumbs that have fallen to get even one good hit. There will never be enough crumbs to make it worth tge effort. I was then able to elevate my gaze from the floor to the table top. Now I straighten up the table when I enter the tweaking stage of the cycle.

Its also one of those things that somw people use as a rationalization to be able to say "I'm not as bad off as those weak minded drug slaves who pick the floor." Chances are if I am saying that to myself, I am blind to the weak minded things that I am engaged in.

My ex is like this with his weed too.
The absolute WORST is when he drains the darn bong water in my tea towels and stinks the shed out smoking resin.

WAY worse than carpet picking lol

When ever I’m in withdraw and don’t have any oxy ; I start looking in my purse , old purses, under the dresser , cracks near seats in my car ..I don’t find any cause when I do have oxy I count them and keep them safe like little babies so not sure why I bother searching around . After searching it makes me feel like a crack head lol

have many of you on your travels or over the years come across people who when they have smoked their stash or nearly finished it seem to suddenly search every of carpet wall and even ceiling looking for any bits they think they dropped . And they start putting anything in their pipe that's to them looks like crack etc paint flakes of skirting board Brocken plaster of walls soap flakes dropped in washing laundry room etc is their defined mental health condition for such behaviour like ocd or something. I have rarely experienced being in the company of people/users doing it and it gets a bit freaky and then time for a quick exit is it me or has anyone else come across such behaviour
I've seen that same behavior with cocaine too. It's called being desperate because the goodies are all gone. Back when I was a drinker, if the booze was gone and the stores were closed I'd go rummaging through the cabinets drinking liqueur, or sucking the little drops out of empty bottles of fancy stuff I kept for decoration.

Called chicken pickin where i'm from. I just want to talk when i've had a snowball but you get fkers with their head in a bin or on the carpet putting bits of cheese or marzipan etc on the pipe and choking then they're at it again. A few months back i'd been up, no sleep for 2 weeks after too much crack and out on the street started seeing little balls of white everywhere on the ground just hallucinating that things like chewing gum on the floor were £20 stones. But never been much of a chicken picker. I had a guy asking me to pull a unit out that had been forced/wedged into a corner since i'd moved in and nothing could get under it but he was convinced he was gonna find some crack under it, none there!
It's common behaviour for crackheads, mainly the gobshites in my experience who have no personality even on crack so don't have anything to say!

Called chicken pickin where i'm from. I just want to talk when i've had a snowball but you get fkers with their head in a bin or on the carpet putting bits of cheese or marzipan etc on the pipe and choking then they're at it again. A few months back i'd been up, no sleep for 2 weeks after too much crack and out on the street started seeing little balls of white everywhere on the ground just hallucinating that things like chewing gum on the floor were £20 stones. But never been much of a chicken picker. I had a guy asking me to pull a unit out that had been forced/wedged into a corner since i'd moved in and nothing could get under it but he was convinced he was gonna find some crack under it, none there!
It's common behaviour for crackheads, mainly the gobshites in my experience who have no personality even on crack so don't have anything to say!

I’ll never forget the first time I saw my husband after 12 days awake 😂😂😂

I shouldn’t laugh, it was tragic. At the time.

He’s 6’11, 165 to 180 kilo average and aboriginal.
Hiding behind his brand new car at midnight with baseball bat in hand.
Calling me because he was PRETTY sure he saw some ‘little black kids’ outside his window and they were trying to steal his car.

At the time I freaked out and drove an hour to get to him in a hurry. If some poor sucker had innocently walked by, a baseball bat to the head by a near 200 kilo black man in psychosis, could not have ended well.

I get there, and this idiot decides to hit a further 3 points and then passes out.

Wtf? This was one of my early experiences with meth, and I DID NOT UNDERSTAND.

I’ve now seen shit where there was no shit at all myself.
It’s fucking hilarious!
At that time tho, I near had him committed 😂

When I was crushing up oxys bits of them did fall into the carpet and yes I would sometimes get those little lumps of oxy into my gob. I knew they were oxy from the taste. Of course most of it was probably just fillers but hey.

I have a few times found benzos in random places around the house when I wasn't even looking for them. Always a nice surprise, like my fucked up self leaving my future self a present. I've found Xanax, Valium, etizolam, and meclonazepam like that so far.

Crikey personally if I was in a carpet picking situation i would look for some type help to break that habit of looking for more. I would depress me too much if I had done that and put me off my usuage admitdly witch coke plus booze if have got carried away and blasted the lot too quickly but to go into that reaction of picking up anything weather it was coke or shit would scare the fuck out of me sounds like you need to find some way of breaking that feinding habit

Thats my point exactly, there is always a better way to use one's time, and if you make it tweaking behavior to keep your time efficient, its an uphill battle, but it does mitigate some of the problems.

Thats my point exactly, there is always a better way to use one's time, and if you make it tweaking behavior to keep your time efficient, its an uphill battle, but it does mitigate some of the problems.
Ok yes carpet surfing, as we call it, is gross but that being said I used to be pals with this dealer dude who would drop 47% of the coke on my ground when we'd hangout. When he left I would scrape lines off the floors and tables because he would drops so much. Like it was just under half. He also had amazing blow. He later became a bad dealer due to developing a habit of hos own. But bless him. He was a good and careless with his blow dude.

Side note - the best th ing to do when a bud is carpet surfing is bust out the Dyson. Vacuum that shit up. Carpet surfing sucks. Nip it in the bud.

Dropping rocks under the couch notwithstanding, the pickings are usually really slim.

I also had a plug who would carlessly fling bits of coke all over the table and floor. In the summer he was usually shirtless. He came in one time and I had to tell him there was a nugget on his chest, right above the left nipple.

This was my worst carpet pickning incident, and the beginning of an 18 month break from methamphetamine (back when it was real). I used a guitar pick to scrape between all the hardwood floor boards (old ass house, gaps between all the boards). I scraped the floors of three rooms. I put everything in a French press with a lot of coffee. I brewed it and I drank it. I got really really high.