• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Can't even get drunk now.

You're avatar looks like you just said "I oughta punch you for not knowing what an onion pie is"

Ever see three young guys sat in a flat with a gram of meth and no TV or stereo?

Punching each other quickly becomes a game

Avatar is Ewen Bremner from the film The Acid House.

I also never had never heard of onion pie until it got mentioned and I googled it.

Don't worry. I'll smack myself one for my ignorance to keep things fair. It sounds awful.

I also never had never heard of onion pie until it got mentioned and I googled it.

Don't worry. I'll smack myself one for my ignorance to keep things fair. It sounds awful.
... That recipe that you looked up IS awful. It has no cream and uses the wrong kind of cheese.

You want French-style. They know what they're doing with their onions. (innuendo intended)

Yeah it sucks when our favorite pastimes run the course. It used to be fun to get f***** up every single day. Then it stops being fun and it becomes just normal. Then you do it just to stop the f****** horrible horrific garbage that life has become.

Then it stops working all together. Can't even escape the escape.

I just figured for me personally I devoted half my life to getting absolutely wrecked everyday. Maybe the next half of my life I can do without.

Good call, alcoholism may not be as bad as heroin addiction but, if you keep drinking hard, it could happen and after a while the hangovers can turn into withdrawals, and benzos with opiates is the the best way to deal with it, along with Gatorade, water, vitamins or more booze( what I usually did). If you have access to benzos, you will be using them a lot, if you cross that line into physical addiction. Then possibly benzo addiction, which apparently is worse than heroin, in regards to withdrawals
If you have had addiction issues in the past, alcohol may seem like a harmless substitute, I have known former heroin addicts who turned to booze. If kept to a reasonable level, ehh, but if you ever wake up and have the shakes and throw back a couple of shots or a few beers in the morning, you might be headed towards alcohol addiction, which is seriously no joke. The benzo and potentially opiod use is there also if you you are bound and determined to get drunk a lot.
Benzo withdrawal is a real possibility if you get physically addicted and have responsibilities and can't solve the alcohol withdrawals with beer, wine or liquor.
Certain benzos with a decent pain killer will work, but so will drinking in the morning. Then the real misery begins.
Alcohol abuse is usually not that big a deal, unless it leads to addiction, and not just from alcohol.
I never had great access to benzos when I was younger, but if you have to function in the morning and your body crosses that line, you could cause yourself and possibly others harm.
Luckily, I never killed anyone, but blackouts, can destroy so much.
You may be able to handle it, I did for a few years,( I mean no withdrawals, and yes some people never get them) I have talked to a number of former heroin addicts, who switched to booze, and they seem to drink heavily and the trouble alcohol abuse can bring, can be really bad.
I have no idea what your personality is like, but I have seen some genuinely nice people turn into belligerent, violent and completely irrational assholes.

I don't see what's wrong with drinking unless you're driving, I was nitpicked for it my entire life for no reason until I didn't even like it so I would just drink unless you dont like it.

Really? I think it's probably way worse. I can only speak from my experience though.
Alcohol addiction tends to be far more physiologically and socially destructive than opioid addictions
I agree with y'all on this. Not only true personally (I've been through both), but also from what I've observed.
The big difference is that alcohol has always had more societal acceptability. It shouldn't, but it does.

PS-- When I was young, smoking marijuana was considered to be far more dangerous than smoking cigarettes. We now know that society had that backwards, too.

Really? I think it's probably way worse. I can only speak from my experience though.
You are European, and the heroin that use to be in the USA was injectable, and now we got fentanayl and traq dope. So being on the needle, also, alcohol is really cheap here. I can get European booze cheaper than you. OK, not if you steal it, but buy it.

Ok, I am scared of needles, and in America, people shoot heroin
In 2023 118,000+ people died over here from the heroin replacements. Also the cost, availability, and ease at which alcohol withdrawal can be alleviated.
Also, if really desperate, in the past( in my state, there is a 10 cent deposit on cans, and bottles of carbonated beverages.
So I could usually in a pinch, find 70-100 empties of beer or soda pop at my house and buy a liter of vodka or 3 40's and even get some money back. If they sell it, they have to take it back and give you the deposit. Hey 10 cents add up quickly if you drink lots of cheap 12 packs and 30 packs of Old Milwaukee's worst Ice.😜
Then there was the option of absolute last resort. The dollar store would sell half liters of fake listerine( 35% ethanol or 70 proof ) $2.12US or back then a £ and a half for a liter of 70% Proof.( 2 half liters + sales tax. yea 6% is rather high, what is it in the UK?
Hey, I have so many stories about things addicts will do, so chugging cheap mouthwash is tame.🔨🤣

Last edited:
Besides, in college, all the bars would have dirt cheap pitcher specials of Mid priced American piss water on special, and then the house parties, and frat houses, so free beer. There were only so many bars, and competition was really strong, to knowing when and where to walk to, meant that you could get a pitcher for about 1 to less than two £'s.
Also, I admit I never have been dope sick, but how do you get un dope sick, easily, cheaply, and legally?
Besides a liter of cheap vodka use to cost around less than 5£'s in 2015, in Michigan.
Does anyone have experience with long term alcohol abuse, who would get withdrawals, with it's sometimes, as compared to withdrawal from being dopesick?
Also, I was a rather heavy multiple day binge drinker, with breaks, so my tolerance would reset quickly. So for the price of less than two bags of H in the UK I could get drunk for several days.
Or later, if I went the dollar store, fake listerine route😝🤪 about 2£'s for all day drunkeness. 3 half liters of 70 proof, believe it or not, desperation and getting as use to as one could, would keep wd's away.
Also, when I drank till, the end of 2015, even a half gallon, or 1.75 liters of cheap vodka or a 30 pack of 5.9% cans of cheap ice beer, or 5, 40's of malt liquor was less than 1 bag(10£'s, ?) of heroin.
But how does alcohol withdrawal compare to being dopesick? I have had wd's 100's of times or more before I got, well sort of sober, pills prescribed that really isn't the same if you have chronic pain.

Last edited: