• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Can't even get drunk now.

When it comes to drugs a lot of us know we are not going to stop. it is part of us. In remember Jerry Garcia commenting on this. Said we just need smarter ways to get high.
True dat. Part of us. Even when not doing drugs I've always done something to get ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶ by. Whether it be collecting something, making something, or whatever else for my baby. Always something to run to, just sometimes it's been a good idea, sometimes not. I won't ever stop.

Been looking for that Jerry quote and can't find it.

True dat. Part of us. Even when not doing drugs I've always done something to get ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶ by. Whether it be collecting something, making something, or whatever else for my baby. Always something to run to, just sometimes it's been a good idea, sometimes not. I won't ever stop.

Been looking for that Jerry quote and can't find it.
Twas a Rolling Stone interview, around 1989. I will look for it.

Honestly? I enjoy getting fucked up occasionally. Always have. It gives me pleasure.
Have you considered methadone?

When I was taking it (as directed) I stayed in relatively good spirits all of the time and therefore rarely got the urge to get "fucked up." I never used any other opioids while on methadone. I did end up drinking now & then (I am an alcoholic), but I didn't drink anywhere near as much as I normally would have.

The downside, of course, is that getting off of it takes forever.

Nothing wrong with occasionally getting fucked up
Nothing wrong until it bites you in the ass.

I think the goal should be to not want to get fucked up in the first place.

But this is hard to achieve when you're already in the habit of treating drugs as an escape mechanism.

A lot of people get stuck in this mentality until they hurt themselves or die.

A lot of people don't realize they are capable of changing the way they think.

Nothing wrong until it bites you in the ass.

I think the goal should be to not want to get fucked up in the first place.

But this is hard to achieve when you're already in the habit of treating drugs as an escape mechanism.

A lot of people get stuck in this mentality until they hurt themselves or die.

A lot of people don't realize they are capable of changing the way they think.
Aye, all fair points

Have you considered methadone?

When I was taking it (as directed) I stayed in relatively good spirits all of the time and therefore rarely got the urge to get "fucked up." I never used any other opioids while on methadone. I did end up drinking now & then (I am an alcoholic), but I didn't drink anywhere near as much as I normally would have.

The downside, of course, is that getting off of it takes forever.
I was put on methadone once. I hated the stuff. It gave me a 2-dimensional cardboard cut-out zombified feeling. And yeah getting off it was pretty horrendous too.

Are you the type that can just use opiates occasionally to get high at all? I kicked opiates about 5 years back, stayed off for about a year then went back to using just for pain and to get high. It would be a better option then binge drinking which i can't do at my age anymore cause it kills me.

Saying that theres nothing wrong with getting drunk now and again. I have a bad habit of mixing zopiclone and alcohol still but i dont do it that often

Are you the type that can just use opiates occasionally to get high at all? I kicked opiates about 5 years back, stayed off for about a year then went back to using just for pain and to get high.
Yep. I've been using only about twice a week on average for the past few years but my partner doesn't want me using AT ALL.

Yep. I've been using only about twice a week on average for the past few years but my partner doesn't want me using AT ALL.
Couple times a week seems reasonable. Do you get totally fucked rolling on floor can't do anything high? Or just a nice buzz but you could still cook dinner if you had to?

I was put on methadone once. I hated the stuff. It gave me a 2-dimensional cardboard cut-out zombified feeling. And yeah getting off it was pretty horrendous too.
An opioided depression
projected onto a blank piece of black posterboard

I don't see anything wrong with using pharmaceutical opiates now and again. I don't get their problem
They said in the OP their partner complains about them being 'out of it'

that is a signature "I like to get fucked up" move

and not something anyone wants out of the people around them on a regular basis

when the drugs start causing problems in your personal relationships that's a clear "Oh shit, I've been bitten on the ass" moment and it is time for reflection

So I've sworn off heroin for the sake of my relationship. I accept that as a condition. I accept he doesn't like to see me high. Unfortunately I am still chasing that mental state and am trying to replicate it with alcohol. Not only can't alcohol adequately substitute for the effect of opiates but my partner hates it when I'm excessively drunk because it leads to me being 'out of it' much the same way as when I'm high (just for MUCH LESS personal satisfaction). I dunno what to do anymore.

PS I know these posts of mine are getting repetitive. I just need to shout into the void.
Hang in there, you got this. I also supplemented with alcohol when I got off the hard stuff. You gotta try to find other ways to release serotonin in your brain. I used to hate when people suggested exercise, but it really helps. So did going on walks alone with my headphones in and just zoning out and feeling the music. As well as long drives by myself. You got this!

Alcohol kills things. That is its main industrial use. It also kills other things it touches. I almost left my wife when she was drinking. And honestly if she were a quiet drinker I may have endured it. But she would act emotional and go down rabbit holes like the cowboy crying in his beer. No bueno. Now she sips kava all day. A kilo every 6-8 weeks. But kava does not steal (or kill) the soul like alcohol does.

When it comes to drugs a lot of us know we are not going to stop. it is part of us. In remember Jerry Garcia commenting on this. Said we just need smarter ways to get high. Kratom worked for me to get balance and not want opiates. Kave helped my wife not want alcohol. We for sure need ways to satisfy what we want but not destroy the people around us. I have always said it is a person's choice as to what they want to do. From the skin in a person is in charge of himself. But if that destructive effect reaches out to the people around us it is not from the skin in anymore. And they have a valid gripe. No one knows i use kratom, and no one knows my wife uses kava. So it is contained. And yes heroin can be contained but that is an issue with the SO.

I wish I had better answers. Be well and healthy Ultimatefix. Better days ahead. Even if there is no evidence of that. At least I keep telling myself.
Actualy there are 4 mammals for whom Ethanol is not a poision. 40 % more fermented fruit. Without dying. Which is useful if you have icecold winter coming up. And calories are geting scarce.

So what was essentially a survival mechanisme then, today is the one of the probable causes of Alcohol addiction.

Last edited:
They said in the OP their partner complains about them being 'out of it'

that is a signature "I like to get fucked up" move

and not something anyone wants out of the people around them on a regular basis

when the drugs start causing problems in your personal relationships that's a clear "Oh shit, I've been bitten on the ass" moment and it is time for reflection

Yea but he's posted before that he knew before he hooked up with this person that he'd have to go straight in order for it to work

So no use complaining about it now

Shit or get off the pot