• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Opioids Canadian Opioid Users

^ Do Tylenol 3's get prescribed down there? If not they probably just skip codeine as the first line. Which would go counter to the US's anti-opiate sentiment as hydrocodone is stronger than codeine.

You can get hydrocodone in Canada in the form of hycodan (tablets and syrup) as well as tussionex and a few generic brand. It's not used for pain control at all it's only used for coughs. Ive never seen the stuff though and i only know a few people that have ever been prescribed it. It's one of the few opiates i haven't tried so id like to try it if for no other reason then to say i have.

^ Do Tylenol 3's get prescribed down there? If not they probably just skip codeine as the first line. Which would go counter to the US's anti-opiate sentiment as hydrocodone is stronger than codeine.

Yes, T3's are prescribed in the U.S, usually for dental procedures (when the Dentist is too much of a dick to prescribe vicodin) or for sprains and/or other minor injuries. I snatched a few from the medicine cabinet of this girl I know that has had a couple of nose jobs, so it may be prescribed for some plastic surgeries as well.

T3 isn't unheard of, but pretty rare. IME Vicodin (hydrocodone) is usually first in line they give it out when they don't want to dish out little 5mg percs but rarely do they use codeine unless it's in cough syrup.

(when the Dentist is too much of a dick to prescribe vicodin)

Oh dude, the orthodontist that did my wisdom teeth was King Dick. All 4 wisdom teeth, had to go under general, the works, told me to go buy some ibuprofen. :X

T3 isn't unheard of, but pretty rare. IME Vicodin (hydrocodone) is usually first in line they give it out when they don't want to dish out little 5mg percs but rarely do they use codeine unless it's in cough syrup.

We don't have any of that syrup stuff (not that I've seen or been scripted) as a pop culture thing I hear a lot about some purple syrup down there though.

In current events, been super stressed lately with an obscene amount of school work, tonight is dedicated to heavy escapism. I have 5mg oxy in the gullet to start, going to have a shower and ramp up the doses. I have to take it incrementally; I don't have a tolerance and don't want to puke. Puking totally ruins a buzz.

I also have diazepam, diphenhydramine, etc. I'll see where it takes me.

I'm not in the U.S., I live in Toronto. I just know hydrocodone is the most prescribed drug in the U.S cause someone posted a news story here that mentioned that.

Anyways, I was interested to know what the most prescribed drug in Canada was so I did a google search all that came up was for BC, I found an article that said T-3s are the most prescribed drug in BC. Couldn't find anything about rest of Canada or Ontario but would be interesting to know.

Well in Newfoundland my experience has been you usually get prescribed Tylenol#3's then if the pain is bad enough oxycodone, morphine, hydromorphone and if you are really in bad pain and have been on opioid's for awile fentany. Some doctors mostly old ones prescribe demerol a good bit after Tylenol#3's or pure codeine pills don't work. New doctors hardly ever prescribe demerol in my experience which is a good thing for me cause i hate the stuff :p

Id say codeine is without a doubt the most widely used opiate in Canada. You also have to remember that since it's OTC naturally people are going to end up using it when they can't get anything else. This does not even factor in the majority of the people who buy OTC codeine for things like headaches, backaches, the flu, etc.

^ I was just going to ask if T3s are OTC there [Canada], because I was having second thoughts when I saw it being mentioned that it is prescribed there.

What's the point of it being prescribed and OTC? I know that in the U.S. they will prescribe you higher doses of a med that is normally OTC, but I would think that T3s are the same dose no matter how it is received.

hey does anyone know what the heroin is like in toronto right now? im from london right now and theres NOTHING HERE...Is there anything in or around london/toronto? happy hunting all!

I wouldn't count on finding heroin in Ontario. I've seen every pharmaceutical opiate out there but never H. There's just no underground heroin economy here like there is in the US or Vancouver. Oxycodone is your best bet for a real opiate with somewhat okay availability. I think you'd have a higher chance finding pharmaceutical diamorphine than you would underground heroin.

Hm Im not sure Pepper...if you look back in the thread theres several people in the London/Toronto area who said they had connects but I guess its all about who you know.

There's definitely an underground market for heroin in Toronto. I see new stories from time to time about drug arrests where heroin is involved. Like a day ago in the the star there's something about an Asian guy who was arrested with heroin for the trafficking but got his case thrown out. It's out there but just hard to find.

Mmmk, I suppose I could see it being in Toronto. Large asian population and they just need to get a relative to send them a package in the mail. I suppose in that sense it would start filtering into the market. In the broad sense though the diverted pharmaceutical opioid market dwarfs the "underground from the start", imported opioid market.

When i was in Ottawa it was easy to get heroin but the cost was nuts so i never bothered. With cheap morphine pills available and relatively cheap (atleast compared to heroin) hydromorphone pills available i didn't bother with heroin of unknown quality that was pricey as fuck.

There was lots of good Heroin to be had in Toronto back when I was still doing my thing. I could get dope in London too, never as good and costs more too. The bi-weekly trips I used to make to Toronto were well worth the quality dope.

^ I was just going to ask if T3s are OTC there [Canada], because I was having second thoughts when I saw it being mentioned that it is prescribed there.

What's the point of it being prescribed and OTC? I know that in the U.S. they will prescribe you higher doses of a med that is normally OTC, but I would think that T3s are the same dose no matter how it is received.

The OTC Codine products u can get in Canada are the 325mg Acetaminophen/15mg Caffine/8mg Codine.

T2 (15mg Codine), T3 (30mg Codine) & T4's (60mg Codine) are by script only.

Tylenol#1's which as 300mg's of acetaminophen, 15mg's of caffeine and 8mg's of codeine or AC&C's which have aspirin in them (along with a few other codeine containing products) are OTC. Anything stronger then that and you need a script. They prescribe codeine alot here and Ive used it for getting through opiate withdrawals lot's of times.

Yeah, 8mg max for OTC units. That said I am so glad we are able to get codeine OTC. For things where you need a mild opiate but it's not worth a doctor's visit it comes in handy. I keep a bottle of AC&C (aspirin) with me all the time. It's the king of headache medications.

I haven't resorted to extracting codeine in a long time. I have a naturally low tolerance so 16mg of codeine when I haven't used anything else in a while will actually make me feel good; I think I'm one of those lucky ones who has active CYP enzymes thereby getting a lot converted to morphine.

I also have access to oxy, and O-des-tram so there's that. Also if I were to aim to get high on OTC opiate sources that involved an extraction process, I would just extract morphine from poppy seeds.

^ Want to trade tolerances? ;) I would kill to be able to feel anything off of 16mg's of codeine. And yeah it's lucky that you can get these drugs over the counter in Canada because AC&C's and Tylenol#1's are awesome for headaches. I would like to try Mersyndol which is 325mg's of APAP, 5mg's of doxylamine and 8mg's of codeine. It cut's out the caffeine but unfortunately I'm pretty sure doxylamine is water soluble and you wouldn't want to experience anti-cholinergic delirium for the sake of abit of codeine. Robaxacet-c's are another over the counter codeine product without caffeine but it costs a fortune and I'm not sure if methocarbamol is water soluble or not.

Has anyone heard of ACETAZONE FORTE C8? It has 300mg's of APAP, 250mg's of chlorzoxazone and 8mg's of codeine. I don't know if it's OTC but if it is it might be a good way to get around the caffeine because the chlorzoxazone does not appear to be very water soluble.

Last edited:
Just picked up some good H in the city of Montreal. (referring to my last unseen post) I know someone who has good codeines and latley i have been taking alot of tylenol for headaches and such maybe I'll pick up a few for just that, has acetaminophen too. Dont know what kind though but he said they are good.

opiates arent a drug u can just find a source for with a snap of the finger, u either find a source with a script thats reliable 100% of the time, or u dont find it at all.

u wont find oxycontin with a 20yr old dealer that sells weed lol.
gotta find the older mans wit back problems

My dealer's actually a really nerdy 20-something dude from Toronto that sells everything from weed, to Oxys and Dilaudid, to acid, MDMA, K, Coke and a whole slew of other drugs. The prices are inflated, but the guy's a walking pharmacy, that delivers, so I can't complain.

Toronto is Overflowing with opiates of all sorts, Hydrmorphone, Oxy 80's, Heroin, Fent, IR dillies, pretty much anything. And there is VERY GOOD HEROIN going around. So be careful....take small shots/snorts at first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go small at first.
Right now in South West Ontario the new oxy
is hydromorphone contin 3, 6, 12, 18, 24, 30 mg.

Nope, no hydrocodone in Canada. It doesn't get prescribed here for some reason, I don't think health canada has it on the list of approved medications. As far as prescription opiate analgesics goes T3's > percocets > OC > Morphine > hydromorphone > fentanyl.

Upon research apparently it is approved and there is a preparation of it in canada but I have never even heard of it being prescribed let alone seen it in the flesh. If doc's feel T3's are too weak they go straight to percocets. Which ain't so bad, from what most people report hydrocodone isn't all that great, oxycodone is much preferred.

Oh not so. There is hydrocodone tabs in Canada 5mg. Hycodan tablets.
I like hydrocodone in tussionex cough syryp. Gr8! nod,

The reason we don't have hydrocodone prescribed here is because oral morphine is equianalgesic at the same dose and is a much cheaper alternative. So, they always opt for morphine! (specifically long-acting if they can, which is also for patient convenience.)

Evenin' folks. I'm currently in the GTA for work and love it here. Can't speak about the quality of the local H yet, but I'm enjoying some wonderful stuff from the west coast.

Hydromorphone is eeaasily the most popular opiate in my city. my main usage.
in order of popularity: 24 > 30 > 18 > 12 > 8. the smaller amount the more expensive, 8s are ridiculous. But, 30s are prescribed less frequently i guess?

Next up is Morphine; a lot of kadians and m-eslons over instant release ones unfortunately for me. only had a few times.

After that is oxy and percs. I personally like them though, but hydro has taken over the city.

that's about all i've come across. i'm excluding T3's here lol. never came across fentanyl. im not even sure if heroin is around here. people just love shootin hydros.

i've never seen the 5mg hydrocodones. gonna try to though.