• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can you ruin your life with psychedelics???

I think it is a matter of perception. You should bless every experience wether it is good or bad. A bad experience is not a bad one if you learn from it and grow.

Psychedelics are a double-edged sword; they giveth, and they can taketh away. I changed my world-view early on in life with LSD. I began using it and slowly worked my way into higher and higher doses. Slowly, I began to abuse it and it became my life, to a degree. I bought and took as much as I could get away with for years. Eventually, I had to stop because I felt like it was wrecking me psychologically. There was a time that I thought I had done irreversible damage to my psyche. Lo and behold, after years of not taking it, I healed and am fine. I took a break from it for ten years. Now, I use psychedelics, but more sparingly, and they are magic again. I did learn my lesson, though, and avoid habituating to taking it too often. I also have a job that doesn't allow me to be "off" for days at a time, so it's usually vacations or breaks off from work. I will also say, as will others, that if you have any underlying mental health issues LSD can absolutely be a gamble, as it can exacerbate conditions you are vulnerable to/have.