• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can you ruin your life with psychedelics???

Do you have prior experence with phsycedelics? Curiosity is what makes human. But if you have never done a phsyc I would reccomend starting with LSD or maybe mushrooms or mescaline. If you do have experence, then I see no reason you shouldn't be able to start out with some 15x.

what I'm saying is psychedelics can be abused like any other drug.

not everyone abuses other drugs.
not everyone abuses psychedelics.

it's all in the user. I don't abuse psychedelics and they've actually helped me cease abuse of other drugs.

so when the OP asks "can you ruin your life with psychedelics??"
the simple response is yes you can. they can bring out disorders in the user.

it's just the average person doesn't abuse psychedelics or have them ruin their lives.

so in conclusion every drug can ruin your life.
My first question youngster is how long have you even lived?!? I self taught myself all these things and more... One day you guys will learn....

Do you have prior experence with phsycedelics? Curiosity is what makes human. But if you have never done a phsyc I would reccomend starting with LSD or maybe mushrooms or mescaline. If you do have experence, then I see no reason you shouldn't be able to start out with some 15x.
i have done shrooms but only two times though and they werent that enjoyable but i was recovering from mdma damage at the time and i did them at night and alone so it wasnt the best set and setting... i have completely recovered now and if i do plan to do salvia or any kind of psychedelic soon it will be in a better environment... i did dxm once but only a little bit

Stay away from the salvia kid. For me and most others I know who have smoked it, it is not really an enjoyable experience. After a big rip I always seem to forget that I have taken any drug and perceive my surroundings as my actual reality which results in confusion and fear. For me personally, it does not get me "high" in any sense of the word. It does make you hallucinate, from 0 to 100 real quick, and then you baseline again. If your only two experiences with mushrooms were bad, and MDMA has caused you "damage" as well - I can see no reason why trying a salvia extract would be anywhere at all on your priority list.

i have done shrooms but only two times though and they werent that enjoyable but i was recovering from mdma damage at the time and i did them at night and alone so it wasnt the best set and setting... i have completely recovered now and if i do plan to do salvia or any kind of psychedelic soon it will be in a better environment... i did dxm once but only a little bit
Im not going to tell you not to do salvia. Thats your path. Your path is none of my buisness. I will however say that it is a bad idea with your prior history. Salvia shoots you to the sun at the speed of light, and your mind might not make it back from that trip with such little experence. Stay safe.

Anything can ruin your life if you're not careful.

Be careful. Research, titrate, decide for yourself, check to see how you're doing. Repeat. Double-check.

Are you being true? Are you being you? Are you going where you want to go or just avoiding where you don't?

Be careful. Nail this life when you've found the mark.

Also, maybe do something other than salvia.

Anything can ruin your life if you're not careful.
Be careful. Research, titrate, decide for yourself, check to see how you're doing. Repeat. Double-check.

Are you being true? Are you being you? Are you going where you want to go or just avoiding where you don't?

Be careful. Nail this life when you've found the mark.

Also, maybe do something other than salvia.
Funny i was just about to say something regarding anything can ruin your life.

Like,other people have said you can ruin your life,with anything.
I know,someone who has done a,thumbprint backin the,day and he says things are different for him.not sure if he regrets its it or not but I have heard of people who have,eaten lots,of l at a time much like,a,thumbprint straight xtal and they live happily even with having effects years later.
(The last part is hear,say so cant say its totatlly true but I believe it)

Psychedelics helped me to realize who i was and where im going to ,better than anything else.I have had light hppd and a bad trip but even the bad trip made me realize very serious things about my life that helped me alot.I love them, but i dont do them very often because i respect the substances,they are very strong.

My goodness ther are many aspects of my life that were disrupted through the use of psychedelic drugs. some have faded and some have remained to this day and it has been months since my last psychedelic use.

Salvia happens to be a drug that has affected me the most i would say. Although it is probably because of the high amouhnts that i had taken.

If i can offer any advice regaurding salvia other then dont do it, it would be that if you are going to indulge in one of the most powerful psychedelics known to man, start small. I am talking 5x or 10x. Or the leaves if you are able to obtain them

Rushing to high doses of psychs can have serious consequences...

When you are about to get in a hot tubb do u dive straight in? NO! you ease into it until u get use to the temperature. Compare this to using psychedelics. Do not dive right into the psychedelic because it can be very overwhelming. and not in a good way. You may experience something you are not ready for.

Another analogy would be if you were lifting weights and you tried to lift a weight that was too heavy for you and you pull a muscle or you get badly injured. That one is pretty much self explanatory obviously people work up to those higher weights just like people work up to those higher doses.

To this day i have depersonalization and derealization from psychedelics and anxiety from hard stimulants and my last psychedelic experience is something i would not want to go through again and is the main reason why i have stayed away from those types of drugs. Ecstasy and coke seem to always be around so it is hard to stay away. Psychedelics as well but i have managed to stay away because i am scared, but i have no doubt in my mind that i will indulge in them once again in some point in my life. Once the bad feelings leave. Hopefully they will. Or maybe its better if they dont. Its really terrible though..

Start small with psychedelics and do not overdo it! But the best thing to do is to stay away from drugs completely. Delusions and paranoid thoughts. Derealization, Depersonalization, Psychotic episodes, Traumatic experiences, Depression, Anxiety, Addiktion, Withdrawl, Disappointed and concerned family members and friends and romantic partners, Shame and guilt and the most worst one of them all: decreased sex drive,,, and many more unpleasant physical side effects... You are risking things like this with any drug. Except weed maybe

People need to learn how to be fucking responsible with this type of stuff and maybe some of them if not most them would not be illegal today.

I can hand you a salvia experience right now.

You laugh a lot and you feel like you are becoming one with yiur surroundings and you lose a sense of who you are and where you are and what is even going on at that particualr moment and you forget that you have smoked salvia and you see creatures that you have never seen in your life that almost look like people but scarier and shorter and they are making fun of you or treating you in a condescending way saying that you are not real and your family isnt real almost chanting or singing and you try to fight it but it just makes it worse and everything in your life feels like it is being taken away from you or something like that. Or realizing that they were never real. everything is loud even though in a sober state you are in a quiet room and you feel like a fire is happening inside you literally and you feel like it is going to be like that forever and you realized you had smoked salvia and that you fucked up your whole life and when youre coming down you feel a presence of someone or something watching you and you start to question reality and religion. It feels like you died and you are no longer you. Which i guess can be accomplished with any psychedelic but with salvia it is like it happens instantaneous. Which can be very uncomfortable for people who are not familiar with psychedelics.

This was at a higher dose of course and in my younger days. 50x i believe and i was 15 or 16 years of age. I was barely being introduce to psychedelics and was not ready for this type of experience.

---

Correction it feels like you are falling down a hole that goes on forever but mentally but it also feels like something terrible is going to happen like the world is going to end or you are about to go to hell or something but it also feels like youre going to go to heaven and the creatures told me something like "We are what you want us to be" or something like "we are you" Because i said out loud "who are you?!" "why are you here??!?" and a bunch of other stuff that didnt really make any sense but at the time it seem like it made sense. they communicated with me telepathically but i can hear them laughing at me and makeing fun of me at the same time and i yelled at them to stop but they would not stop

My friends told me that i laughed a lot at first and then i suddenly changed to a confused look in my face and slurred speech n they couldnt understand what i was saying except for "stop" and "why are you trying to kill me" or something weird like that and compared me to a special kid... They said i was making weirdd hand gestures.

Last edited:
It also feels like you are in a car or an airplane or something and you are moving very fast and you feel like you are being tilted backwards like in a roller coaster... Maybe a roller coaster would be a better analogy. I felt like i was being bullied by these creatures but i also felt like they were trying to help me in some way.

I wish i can say more but i have said a lot already. Take what you want from it OP the choice is yours!!!

Last edited:
Looking back at what I have tried in my very limited experience, I think Salvia would have ruined any other psychedelic experience for me.

In fact, I don't feel like salvia belongs in the psychedelic department. It's an entirely different breed from my perspective.

Sure, the trip reports are riveting and would make anyone curious. That's why I tried it in the first place. I'll never forget that the last thing I consciously remember as me was the the feeling as if a white hot power grabbed the top and the base of my spine and rotated me clockwise to the right. Quite literally, my physical existence in this realm was switched off. That, was terrifying in the most grand ways of experiencing it. Salvia is a stern, unforgiving guide into something else entirely and there are no safeties, no ways out, no panic buttons, no emergency stops.

There is nothing pleasant about salvia

It is in fact the most unpleasant drug I've ever come across, and I've done a lot of them

I would never recommend it to anyone, esp someone who is young or inexperienced with drugs

Hi... First off i must let you guys know that i am posting this thread because i have been wanting to try salvia recently but i heard that the effects can be so intense that it can seriously cause problems to people who are not that mentally strong... maybe even permanent psychological damage from psychedelics and that a bad trip can be so traumatizing that it can scar you for the rest of your life

I wanted to ask if anybody here is suffering from permanent adverse effects or have heard of someone with permanent effects from psychedelics or if thats even possible?? i am aware that salvia is stronger than most psychedelics if not all and i just wanted to know if salvia along with any other psychedelic has the potential to cause permanent damage mentally i guess... or like what are the odds of messing my mind up forever if thats possible??
I know one guy who this happened to (with LSD), but he had paranoid schizophrenia to begin with. Last I heard he was still in the psych ward 9 months after that trp.

You would have to have some very serious issues to begin with for a psychedelic trip to 'scar you for life'. A bad trip is fucking horrible but if you're not extremely young, emotionally weak/vulnerable or mentally ill then you should be able to wake up the next morning and get on with your life as normal.