• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can you ruin your life with psychedelics???

ovenbakedskittles

Bluelighter
Hi... First off i must let you guys know that i am posting this thread because i have been wanting to try salvia recently but i heard that the effects can be so intense that it can seriously cause problems to people who are not that mentally strong... maybe even permanent psychological damage from psychedelics and that a bad trip can be so traumatizing that it can scar you for the rest of your life

I wanted to ask if anybody here is suffering from permanent adverse effects or have heard of someone with permanent effects from psychedelics or if thats even possible?? i am aware that salvia is stronger than most psychedelics if not all and i just wanted to know if salvia along with any other psychedelic has the potential to cause permanent damage mentally i guess... or like what are the odds of messing my mind up forever if thats possible??

You can ruin your life with anything. The trick is to s finding the out how to work with it.

psychedelics are just another class of drugs to abuse.....
It really depends on the purposes you use them for. Before I took LSD I was more than sure I would kill myself l, but I learned how to deal with the negativey of life which strengthened my resolve to live life to the fullest...

It really depends on the purposes you use them for. Before I took LSD I was more than sure I would kill myself l, but I learned how to deal with the negativey of life which strengthened my resolve to live life to the fullest...
thats amazing... so pyschedelics actually saved your life instead of ruining it??

I would have to say truly yes. I was going to hole on a dissociation and let the rope take its course... Besides mescaline, LSD, DMT, ketamine, MXE was what truly saved my life. I IM'd a dose and finally felt like living, that all the abuse I experienced wasn't my fault and never will be...

psychedelics are just another class of drugs to abuse.....

I disagree. You make no differentiation between psychedelics and opiates? Psychedelics and synthetic cathinones? Technically any substance on earth could be "abused" in the sense that overuse of it could cause damage - like too much pure oxygen, or too much water. Psychedelics offer, in my opinion, unique opportunity for insight, personal growth, consciousness expansion, and spiritual enlightenment.

OP, sure it is possible to cause permanent damage to your psyche due to overuse of psychedelics. People with preexisting mental disorders should not take psychedelics, same with people on anti psychotic medication. It is possible to suffer PTSD or HPPD from traumatic episodes when under the influence of psychedelics. People have psychotic breaks on them, and can do crazy things like run into traffic or jump off of roofs. Like all drugs, they deserve to be treated with respect and should not be used until you study the potential dangers associated with them and learn the correct way to use them.

Even with all of that being said I believe psychedelics to be in large part the safest of drugs that one can use. They virtually never cause physical or mental addiction, and many of them are extremely safe to use from a physical health standpoint. A very small minority of users of the classic psychedelics suffer any aftereffects from their use - and most view the experience overall as being very positive.

Salvia is shit though imo. I would not smoke it again if you paid me. A low dose of LSD or mushrooms will offer you a much better introduction to psychedelics than salvia will.

^This. The kappa agonism of saliva just feels like shit for most people and I love all sorts of weird dissociative drugs...

Salvia is intense but it is so short I took 3 fat bong hits back to back to back and my whole world went away(only way to describe it) and I said to my friend this shit sucks pack me another(the addict inside). If you don't already have a screw loose will it unhinge you? No! You might not like it but very seriously doubt it will harm you forever. It is very intense though have a sitter

Funny story about salvia (not to derail the thread), but when I was in high school we had a really, really potent salvia extract called "Elephant Killer"(80x extract I think) and we were taking bong rips of it. The piece of shit, bully neighborhood coke dealer pulled up and thought we were smoking weed and started throwing his weight around to push up on us for some bong rips. This kid is a terrible human being for the record.

We packed the bowl completely full with the extract and told him it was shwagg and the only way to get high was to cash the bowl and hold it in for at least 30 seconds. He obliged. Shortly after blowing his hit out we could tell he was stuck, so I gently approached him and asked him with a look of shock and concern on my face, "Bro, stop being a turtle. For real bro it isn't funny anymore, come back - stop turtling." The rest of my friends said similar shit, and, long story short - he came to and got the fuck out of there quick as hell while cursing us out. He later told me that he was 100% convinced he had transformed into a turtle and was stuck in that form forever, and his friends and family would never recognize him again - that his life as a human being was over. Fuck him, I still don't feel bad about it.

But yeah, salvia sucks. Get better drugs.

funny story about salvia (not to derail the thread), but when i was in high school we had a really, really potent salvia extract called "elephant killer"(80x extract i think) and we were taking bong rips of it. The piece of shit, bully neighborhood coke dealer pulled up and thought we were smoking weed and started throwing his weight around to push up on us for some bong rips. This kid is a terrible human being for the record.

We packed the bowl completely full with the extract and told him it was shwagg and the only way to get high was to cash the bowl and hold it in for at least 30 seconds. He obliged. Shortly after blowing his hit out we could tell he was stuck, so i gently approached him and asked him with a look of shock and concern on my face, "bro, stop being a turtle. For real bro it isn't funny anymore, come back - stop turtling." the rest of my friends said similar shit, and, long story short - he came to and got the fuck out of there quick as hell while cursing us out. He later told me that he was 100% convinced he had transformed into a turtle and was stuck in that form forever, and his friends and family would never recognize him again - that his life as a human being was over. Fuck him, i still don't feel bad about it.

But yeah, salvia sucks. Get better drugs.

lmao

Psychedelic drugs are a pretty difficult class of drugs to abuse, just because your ability to continually hit the pleasure button with them wears off a lot faster than other kinds of drugs...after a while (of continuous use) they stop becoming fun and start becoming a pain in the ass. So I've always found that they're kind of self-regulating.

Define ruin.

Psychedelics have brought so much wonderful insight to my life, but they have also brought me periods of derealization and depersonalization. I think one ought to be careful.

I've seen people get fucked up from taking too much LSD too often. They start to think they're in some secret alternate reality and only they know the truth.

OP, sure it is possible to cause permanent damage to your psyche due to overuse of psychedelics. People with preexisting mental disorders should not take psychedelics, same with people on anti psychotic medication. It is possible to suffer PTSD or HPPD from traumatic episodes when under the influence of psychedelics. People have psychotic breaks on them, and can do crazy things like run into traffic or jump off of roofs. Like all drugs, they deserve to be treated with respect and should not be used until you study the potential dangers associated with them and learn the correct way to use them.

this is extremely possible. I have OCD and panic disorder and it caused me to have mostly bad trips. However, I think the acid just tapped into it.

i actually do have a little bit of anxiety but mostly in social situations... although i do get startled easily and i am afraid of some things... and i can tell that i am more mentally sensitive than most people i know... i let little things bother me and get my feelings hurt easily... would these characteristics make me more likely to have a bad trip or are these normal characteristics that a majority people have already???

I would think they could enhance your chances for a bad trip. Just make sure you are comfortable and anxiety free before tripping. Setting and the people you are with make a huge difference.
The question you asked about everybody having those characteristics is relative to situation and the person Everyone has situations where they have anxiety and are afraid of somethings but not everyone feels this way all the time. I (can only speak for myself) don't let little shit bother me and don't get my feelings hurt easy so not everyone has these issues.
As I stated above make sure you are in a good state of mind and with caring mature individuals before you trip!

I would think they could enhance your chances for a bad trip. Just make sure you are comfortable and anxiety free before tripping. Setting and the people you are with make a huge difference.
The question you asked about everybody having those characteristics is relative to situation and the person Everyone has situations where they have anxiety and are afraid of somethings but not everyone feels this way all the time. I (can only speak for myself) don't let little shit bother me and don't get my feelings hurt easy so not everyone has these issues.
As I stated above make sure you are in a good state of mind and with caring mature individuals before you trip!
This.
Also F are you saying I don't know the truth?!?;)

Its all about how you use them. The mindset you are in. The environment you are in. If you are doing drugs solely "To get fucked up" you are more likely to have a bad time because you wont be ready for what you see. Any drug can ruin lives. Any drug also has potental to help lives IF YOU USE THEM CORRECTLY. For me, phsycedelics have changed the way I think. All the effects are purely mental. As for mixing phsycedelics, unless you are experenced, DONT.

what I'm saying is psychedelics can be abused like any other drug.

not everyone abuses other drugs.
not everyone abuses psychedelics.

it's all in the user. I don't abuse psychedelics and they've actually helped me cease abuse of other drugs.

so when the OP asks "can you ruin your life with psychedelics??"
the simple response is yes you can. they can bring out disorders in the user.

it's just the average person doesn't abuse psychedelics or have them ruin their lives.

so in conclusion every drug can ruin your life.

If you are doing drugs solely "To get fucked up" you are more likely to have a bad time because you wont be ready for what you see.
what if im just doing it because i am curious about what its like?... i was thinking about smoking a smaller extract like 15x and if i dont feel much then bump it up to like 30x or something