• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can you get high on bupre and methadone as a non addict?

I have taken 60mg oxycodone in the past with no effect, and have smoked 5 g of heroin in a day as opiate naive user. I know these sound ridiculous, but they have happened. The only heroin that has ever slightly hit me was claimed to be 100% pure by vendor for 40euro per gram (netherlands), and even then I drank alcohol that day and took etizolam. So I am not sure if the minimum recreational dosage would be enough for me.

I am also wondering if these medicines have euphoria like heroin? Or are they mostly supposed to suppress cravings without creating feelings of euphoria?

For opiate naive user, would 40mg of methadone get euphoria? What dosage for bupre? Thanks

Even 10mg of methadone would be enough to get an opiate naive person blitzed probably. Even just 1mg of buprenorphine would likely be way too much for someone with no tolerance.
Yes you don't want to take more than that. You'll be puking at best. And I once took an 8 mg strip a suboxone with a fairly moderate daily Kratom use of no more than 15 grams. I literally sat in a chair at the kitchen table 5 hours regaining consciousness every half hour or so to realize how much my neck was hurting before I completely nodded out again

Yes you don't want to take more than that. You'll be puking at best. And I once took an 8 mg strip a suboxone with a fairly moderate daily Kratom use of no more than 15 grams. I literally sat in a chair at the kitchen table 5 hours regaining consciousness every half hour or so to realize how much my neck was hurting before I completely nodded out again
Yeah, the first time I took suboxone, I think I took 1mg and got racked with the worst sweats and nausea. I was at work in a construction site. Ended up puking in the trash can.

I have taken 60mg oxycodone in the past with no effect, and have smoked 5 g of heroin in a day as opiate naive user. I know these sound ridiculous, but they have happened. The only heroin that has ever slightly hit me was claimed to be 100% pure by vendor for 40euro per gram (netherlands), and even then I drank alcohol that day and took etizolam. So I am not sure if the minimum recreational dosage would be enough for me.

I am also wondering if these medicines have euphoria like heroin? Or are they mostly supposed to suppress cravings without creating feelings of euphoria?

Methadone has nice euphoria. I used to take massive doses years ago and was horribly addicted it to. Yet I bet if I took 40mg right now I'd be lit like a Christmas tree. I would take methadone over heroin these days. IV heroin is hard to beat, but since I don't IV anymore, I'd rather eat some methadone than snort/smoke some heroin.

Buprenorphine has a high, nowhere near as nice as methadone. Ive only had buprenorphine a few times, from what I remember it felt like high powered, cleaner, kratom. The duration was nice but the high was 🤷🏻‍♂️ Certainly not bad, more recreational than kratom.

Go steady with the methadone. Don't take it with benzos! One of my best friends died this way because some crackhead cunt told him it was "just like oramorph, you can swig it from the bottle" so he could sell it and go score some rock.
He had a respectful opiate tolerance at the time, but the night he first tried methadone was his last night alive, found dead in a hotel alone at 23.

R. I. P my brother

Even 10mg of methadone would be enough to get an opiate naive person blitzed probably. Even just 1mg of buprenorphine would likely be way too much for someone with no tolerance.
I was on 120mg on methadone daily to get off H..used to make me nod out and def got a high. When I was on bupe I never got that effect tho.

have taken 60mg oxycodone in the past with no effect, and have smoked 5 g of heroin in a day as opiate naive user.
You most surely have atypical body makeup. I believe that you have missed a 0 in a quoted sentence. I am quite confident that you smoked 0.5 g not 5g of heroin. Even with those dosages it is unusual that the gear didn't make you vomit or extremely sedated. We are all different and this is a fine example of it.

The only heroin that has ever slightly hit me was claimed to be 100% pure by vendor for 40euro per gram (netherlands), and even then I drank alcohol that day and took etizolam.
This is something everyone should avoid doing. Mixing strong sedatives can lead to death. Mixing heroin, alcohol and benzodiazepines is as irresponsible as it gets. Please don't do it in the future. Anybody reading this - OP has an unusual body makeup and/or big tolerance to sedatives (alchohol, etizolam...) which is the reason why he is here to write about this extremely dangerous mix.

For opiate naive user, would 40mg of methadone get euphoria?

For opioid naive user 40mg methadone can be fatal. Majority will live to tell the tale but some percentage of opioid naive users will OD and die if they take 40mg of methadone. Even for hardcore heroin addicts starting dosage, when they decide to transfer to methadone, is ~30mg with 10mg incremental increase each day. Methadone is a really complicated drug for opioid naive users to navigate due to accumulation of methadone in the body. So I would stay away from methadone or take it only once in a week to prevent OD by accumulation. And please dont mix benzodiazepines, alcohol or other sedatives with methadone. There are better ways to experience an opioid high - dont mix, especially if one is opioid naive.
As Lao Tzu stated "One mans euphoria is another's man vomit.". Or did I just invent that "quote"?🤔

The fact is that we are all searching for different states to ease our pains, anguish or to experience our own particular blissful state. It seems that you are naturally predisposed to have a higher tolerance for opioids. Having said that methadone and bulrenorphine are powerful opioids, be it full or partial agonists. For an opioid naive user that doesn't make a huge difference. But it is true that methadone can activate opioid receptors in a way that buprenorphine can't and that is the reason why methadone is (generally) considered more recreational than buprenorphine. For the same reason buprenorphine is less dangerous than methadone as it doesn't suppress CNS to an extent that methadone does.

Methadone and buprenorphine are very potent and must be taken with educated caution. OP maybe you have body makeup that makes it harder for you to enjoy and OD on opioids but if you keep pushing it I am afraid that you might need narcan sooner rather than later.

For lurkers and other opioid naive people that are reading this - maximum starting dosages for methadone and buprenorphine are 20mg max (better not go over 10mg) and 0.5mg SL (0.25mg intranasal) respectively.

DON'T MIX POTENT SEDATIVES LIKE OPIOIDS, BENZODIAZEPINES AND ALCOHOL. IT'S AN RUSSIAN ROULETTE AND YOUR LIFE IS AT STAKE.

Don't want to be an alarmist but it is what it is.

Edit due to spellcheck.

Last edited by a moderator:
You most surely have atypical body makeup. I believe that you have missed a 0 in a quoted sentence. I am quite confident that you smoked 0.5 g not 5g of heroin. Even with those dosages it is unusual that the fear didn't make you vomit or extremely sedated. We aare all different and this is a fine example of it.

This is something everyone should avoid doing. Mixing strong sedatives can lead to death. Mixing heroin, alcohol and benzodiazepines is as irresponsible as it gets. Please don't do it in the future. Anybody reading this - OP has an unusual body makeup and/or big tolerance to sedatives (alchohol, etizolam...) which is the reason why he is here to write about this extremely dangerous mix.

For opioid naive user 40mg methadone can be fatal. Majority will live to tell the tale but some percenrage of opioid naive users will OD and die if they take 40mg of methadone. Even for hardcore heroin addicts starting dosage, egen they decide to transfer to methadone, is ~30mg with 10mg incremental increase each day. Methadone is a really complicated drug for opioid naive users to navigate due to accumulation if methadone in the body. So I would stay away from methadone or take it only once in a week to prevent OD by accumulation. And please dont mix benzodiazepines, alcohol or other sedatives with methadone. There are better ways ro experience an opioid high - dont mix, especially if one is opioid naive.

As Lao Tzu stated "One mans euphoria is another's man vomiting.". Or did I just invent that "quote"?🤔

The fact is that we are all searching for different states to ease our pains, anguish or to experience our own particular blissful state. It seems that you are naturally predisposed to have a higher tolerance for opioids. Gaving said that methadone and bulrenorphine are powerful opioids, be it full orpartial agonists. For an opioid naive user that doesn't make a huge difference. But it is true that methadone can activate opioid receptors in a way that buprenorphine can't and that is the reason why methadone is (generally) considered more recreational than buprenorphine. For the same reason buprenorphine is less dangerous than methadone as it doesn't suppress CNS to an extent that methadone does.

Both opioids are very potent and must be taken with educated caution. OP maybe you have body makeup that makes it harder for you to enjoy and OD on opioids but if you keep pushing it I am afraid that you might need narcan.

For lurkers and other opioid naive people that are reading this - maximum starting dosages for methadone snd bulrenorphine are 20mg max (better not go over 10mg) and 0.5mg SL (0.25mg intranasal) respectively .

DON'T MIX POTENT SEDATIVES LIKE OPIOIDS, BENZODIAZEPINES AND ALCOHOL. IT'S AN RUSSIAN ROULETTE AND YOUR LIFE IS AT STAKE.

Don't want to ne anarmust but it is what it is.
First of all reading myself what I did back then mixing all those strong sedatives, PLEASE NOBODY DO SOMETHING SO STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE

with this out of the way

I did actually mean 5 G of heroin, there s a high chance that H was completely fake as it was bought from gypsies, maybe 0% heroin

Other than thanks for the educating and informative post

Yes but please be careful. When i was finished with Fentanyl i was 4 days clean then went back on methadone. They gave me 30mg and i got high as a kite and i usually don't notice it.

The only heroin that has ever slightly hit me was claimed to be 100% pure by vendor for 40euro per gram (netherlands), and even then I drank alcohol that day and took etizolam. So I am not sure if the minimum recreational dosage would be enough for me.
AFAIK 40EUR per gram is not the price real pure heroin would have at retail.
Should be more like well over 100EUR per gram.

First of all reading myself what I did back then mixing all those strong sedatives, PLEASE NOBODY DO SOMETHING SO STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE

with this out of the way

I did actually mean 5 G of heroin, there s a high chance that H was completely fake as it was bought from gypsies, maybe 0% heroin

Other than thanks for the educating and informative post
When I was on like 100mg of methadone and still banging H and popping bars and now that I’m opiate and benzo free it scares me honestly that I would mix all that shit ugh

AFAIK 40EUR per gram is not the price real pure heroin would have at retail.
Should be more like well over 100EUR per gram.
Yes now after months of using I am aware this is complete bs, it is at best 70% pure if that

What I smoke now is claimed 50% and costs around 15 per G, and it is pretty strong. Who knows, maybe it is 20%,maybe even that much is strong with H

By the way I love your signature amazing story

In that case, you may have stumbled across the worlds shittiest quality heroin.