• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can poppy seed tea really be as strong as real opiates?

It's the unpredictability of the supply in this case. Like many others in this thread have already pointed out, you can never be sure of what strength or quality you're getting, so it's very hit and miss. Also when drinking something it's extremely difficult if not impossible to in any way judge your dose because the effect takes a while to come on. Your question too is a bit oddly worded. This stuff is most definitely a 'real' opiate ; in fact it's THE original opiate. It can be very strong and has to be treated with respect.

And if you catch a commercial variety that's been bred for high alkaloid content yes, you could easily OD.
I wouldn't actually think of making seed tea from the ones in my garden for that very reason. (And I use IV heroin.)

Last edited:
It's all very simple. We understand infinitely more about Opiates than we do about say, Cannabis, which is a drug in its pharmaceutical infancy. We know that most or all of the effects of the poppy come from its latex or gum. This latex is often 10% Morphine by weight, 2%-3% MethylMorphine. All we do when we harvest the plant is remove more and more of the plant material in favor of the active material.

So in this way, yea, of course you could make a poppy tea as strong as real Opiates. It would alll depend on your method, means and crops, but you can generally just assume your Opium is 10% morphine and go from there.

I personally really like pod tea, seed tea was good too but the pods make more sense financially IMO, in fact I think I actually like pod tea more then heroin, I mean heroin is easier to get loaded on but it only lasts 30min-an hour at most before redosing, while pod tea can keep you right for hours, and with a good enough dose tea can fuck you up big time

of course you could make a poppy tea as strong as real Opiates.
Again, same as with the original post ; what's it with the 'real opiates' -?!
... Yeah yeah I get it, what people mean is those semi - synthetic or purely synthetic super - potent types. But we're talking actual OPIUM. You can hardly get more real than the original.
This is the stuff you isolate morphine from, without which none of the lab-created derivatives would even exist. And depending on the potency of the individual strain this is a serious drug in its own right, and not to be trifled with. It's perfectly possible to overdose on it; and withdrawal from it once dependence has been established can in fact endanger your life.

This shit is REAL alright, to the point where I fucked myself up enough on it to require medical assistance on two occasions.
It's a bad idea for anyone to think that just because it's directly from a plant and can't kill you outright with like a fraction of a gram it's therefore necessarily mild and harmless.

Last edited:
I'm curious about if there is any way to remove the thebaine from poppyseed wash? Thebaine seems to be the speedy undesirable component of the poppy seed wash from my experience

Unless you're a chemistry expert and own a private laboratory, I'd say no.
Thanks. I not an chemist and I have no lab. I was hoping that the amount of thebaine contained in some of the high end unwashed poppy seeds could be treated by something easy, like higher heat, to remove the thebaine.