• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can poppy seed tea really be as strong as real opiates?

morphineoxysbenzos

Bluelighter
I'm not a heroin user but I've always had a lot oxycodone, oxymorphone, dhc, etc over the years and always scoffed at PST and kratom. I tried kratom and the effects were better than I thought but I thought PST would just taste really bad and not have any effect.

But then I heard stories of people overdosing and dying on it which means it must be the real deal. Is it easy to get a strong opiate high from it or were these people just consuming way too much and chugging it? I highly doubt it's potent enough to overdose just from having a few extra sips. Is there any way to make the taste like make it more potent with less water and mix it with something better tasting? Is it even potent enough to be dosed in small amounts or do you always have to drink a lot?

I know there's already a lot of information out about it but I can't find much on dosage or how much seeds you need or how to make it more concentrated. I wouldn't even know how much to drink. Is it like liquor or beer? Can you remove the water completely and get opium?

I've never been able to get high making poppy seed tea. Maybe I'm unlucky and got washed seeds.

That being said poppy pod tea is something, in my experience, that can have you nodding and puking.

Yes seed tea can be extremely potent in either a good way or a very bad way. I attempted seed tea once and I overdosed, it wasn't lethal but my breathing was extremely faint, labored, and the effects were not even euphoric.

In short, seed tea is extremely unpredictable, it can be completely bunk, high in morphine, high in thebaine, or both. It's not the way to go for a consistent high, best look elsewhere.

It can be very strong. I always discounted it as BS, and early attempts resulted in nothing. I was a heavy poppy pod tea user though. I would throw away the seeds because i thought they were worthless.

But a few years ago I tried it again with a pound of good seeds. I felt awesome for 3 hours and then it kept getting strong, uncontrollably nodding. So i smoked a bunch of stimulants to stay awake and spent the day vomiting and nodding. My eyes were pinpointed for 20+ hours.

What i didn't know is that very high quality unwashed seeds can have upwards of 800-900mg a pound. Easily a fatal dose for a nontolerant person, and while i didn't have a tolerance at the time, having once been on 380mg/day of methadone (~4.5 gram a day of morphine equivalent) gave me a permanent tolerance. I'd estimate the batch i made from that pound had in the 600mg of morphine or so in it, which was probably 6-7 times the amount i was expecting. I should have known by how bitter it was, especially since i was a daily poppy pod tea drinker once.

Funny enough i havent had it for a while and coincidentally just yesterday I drank poppy seed tea for the first time in a while. Haven't had any opioids for a few months now. So i made a 220g (about 1/2 pound) tea from some supposedly strong unwashed seeds i never tried. I figured 200g should be a good dose, not too strong. Maybe even not strong enough. I was wrong again. It was way too strong. I knew i fucked up when only 20 minutes in my face was itching like crazy (it should take an hour for that to happen since its slow acting).

The next 8 hours consisted of me nodding in a chair, getting up for a bit, trying not to throw up, sitting down again, over and over. Was not fun. I should have taken maybe half as much.

Point is, poppy seed tea is no joke, and can yield a ton of morphine. Its can easily kill someone. Excessive doses are awful. It causes more nausea than poppy pod tea but lasts quite a bit longer. When you get a nice high from it, its pretty nice though. I was surprised at first. I threw away many pounds of seeds straight from the pod thinking they are useless. They are not useless. In fact they're so "good" they can kill you.

It can be very strong. I always discounted it as BS, and early attempts resulted in nothing. I was a heavy poppy pod tea user though. I would throw away the seeds because i thought they were worthless.

But a few years ago I tried it again with a pound of good seeds. I felt awesome for 3 hours and then it kept getting strong, uncontrollably nodding. So i smoked a bunch of stimulants to stay awake and spent the day vomiting and nodding. My eyes were pinpointed for 20+ hours.

What i didn't know is that very high quality unwashed seeds can have upwards of 800-900mg a pound. Easily a fatal dose for a nontolerant person, and while i didn't have a tolerance at the time, having once been on 380mg/day of methadone (~4.5 gram a day of morphine equivalent) gave me a permanent tolerance. I'd estimate the batch i made from that pound had in the 600mg of morphine or so in it, which was probably 6-7 times the amount i was expecting. I should have known by how bitter it was, especially since i was a daily poppy pod tea drinker once.

Funny enough i havent had it for a while and coincidentally just yesterday I drank poppy seed tea for the first time in a while. Haven't had any opioids for a few months now. So i made a 220g (about 1/2 pound) tea from some supposedly strong unwashed seeds i never tried. I figured 200g should be a good dose, not too strong. Maybe even not strong enough. I was wrong again. It was way too strong. I knew i fucked up when only 20 minutes in my face was itching like crazy (it should take an hour for that to happen since its slow acting).

The next 8 hours consisted of me nodding in a chair, getting up for a bit, trying not to throw up, sitting down again, over and over. Was not fun. I should have taken maybe half as much.

Point is, poppy seed tea is no joke, and can yield a ton of morphine. Its can easily kill someone. Excessive doses are awful. It causes more nausea than poppy pod tea but lasts quite a bit longer. When you get a nice high from it, its pretty nice though. I was surprised at first. I threw away many pounds of seeds straight from the pod thinking they are useless. They are not useless. In fact they're so "good" they can kill you.
When you overdosed was it really easy like a few extra too many sips or did you just chug the whole thing thinking it was useless?

When you overdosed was it really easy like a few extra too many sips or did you just chug the whole thing thinking it was useless?

Well the first time I drank the whole thing. In fact everytime i just drink the whole thing.

Out of the maybe 50 times ive made poppy seed tea i probably slightly overdosed maybe 6-7 of those times, consisting of unwanted and disabling nodding, vomiting or severe nausea. Only once, the first time with an entire pound, was I worried for my safety, with the nodding being uncontrollable and unsafe feeling.

Yesterday the 220g of seeds didn't feel dangerous, but it did feel unwanted, I did not want to be locked to a chair all day. Not fun. It did start to become a bit enjoyable towards the evening but it ruined my day. I woke up this morning still somewhat high and with tiny pupils. These arent the typical seeds you find at the supermarket, these were full of poppy pod chunks in them. These are the kind seed tea addicts use.

My girlfriend had no idea what was going on, i told her i hadn't slept well so i was very "tired" that day. And somehow extremely nauseated. She's seen me be very tired and nauseated before without exactly knowing why 🤣

Next time with this batch I'll go for maybe 110g of seeds. The 220g wash i made yesterday felt like 300mg of morphine equivalent, which is too much for me right now, especially since the seed tea causes a fair amount of nausea compared to the pods. The long duration of the seeds is nice though.

Yes pst tea is legit, if you find good seeds. I used to do a kilo of seeds at once ( but youd probably want to do half that or less) id put them in an empty 2L bottle, fill it up with warm water and shake intermittently for 20 min and drink ( dont drink the seeds!) You can add a few tablespoons of vinegar to help dissolve the opiates but it makes it harder to stomach. It doesnt burn the throat like liquor but I think the taste is worse.

Last edited:
Oh yeah if you see the water going an opaque white, then theyve stayed in the water too long and opened up. If this happens dump it out and try again, it will make you sick. the colour you want is a nice dull gray... sometimes browny.

I have seeds I saved from a batch of poppy pods I bought once to make poppy pod tea, was going to plant the seeds around the town at the common and places like that but after reading this thread I looked on YouTube and there's 2 ways to make it, so I fucked up pouring hot water and lemon into a tub of 200 grams of seeds and made sludge, so chucked it and trying the cold water version, but on one YouTube video it says after making it with water seeds and lemon shake it and then drain it and drink, but I filtered a small amount out of the bottle and it was just clear and tasted of lemon water, so I'm now leaving them in the bottle for a couple of hours shaking now and then for a couple of hours like another video said to do

Its still clear with seeds just sitting at the bottom though

It can be quite strong and lasts forever

Yeah the poppy pod tea did lasted all fucking day man never ending lol, but tolerence built up as I accidentally bought a kilo to try them, I thought I was ordering 8 pods as that's what it showed on the photo on the site, I then mentioned it to the bloke who told me where to buy and he says no it's not 8 it's enough to fit in a backpack and I'm like wtaf, then these arrived

Pod tea is no joke and lasts a good 12 or more hours. I found it impossible to sleep because of itching and stimulation from some of the alkaloids in the pods.

Absolutely, it IS real opiates. When the seeds are not washed, they are covered in traces of opium. Opium is the original opiate and one of the very best ones. it's especially good orally. When you ingest it you're drinking morphine, codeine, and bits of the other natural opioids, mostly morphine though. Poppy tea is my favorite opioid. But it can be tricky with seeds because most are washed, and the potency can vary wildly between batches. I had great, potent seeds readily available for years and it was my favorite, and that includes heroin I have experience with. Though only snorted, I will never IV anything. I'm sure IV heroin is better. I like poppy tea over heroin because it lasts a lot longer and feels dreamier.

A lot of seeds these days are from thebaine-heavy strains bred and grown specifically to produce mostly thebaine, for use in the pharma industry to synth stuff like oxycodone. I have noticed that any time I've tried seeds lately from my old source I used to get amazing seeds from, the effects have sucked, consisting of very little high and unbearable, painful itching and stimulation/racing heart. The old seeds I used to get from them were very sedating, and definitely very itchy too but in that lovely morphine way. These new thebaine heavy seeds make me itch to the point that I will make myself bleed sometimes and it feels like an allergic reaction, my skin will get pink and flushed. it sucks.

A lot of seeds these days are from thebaine-heavy strains bred and grown specifically to produce mostly thebaine, for use in the pharma industry to synth stuff like oxycodone. I have noticed that any time I've tried seeds lately from my old source I used to get amazing seeds from, the effects have sucked, consisting of very little high and unbearable, painful itching and stimulation/racing heart. The old seeds I used to get from them were very sedating, and definitely very itchy too but in that lovely morphine way. These new thebaine heavy seeds make me itch to the point that I will make myself bleed sometimes and it feels like an allergic reaction, my skin will get pink and flushed. it sucks.
Ive had highs like that too. A big reason why I stopped doing it, it was a bit of a roulette for effects.

I recently gave it another shot from my source (which is a salvage grocery store in town). The thebaine heavy batch so far every time has been blacker in color and had a lot more of the little underdeveloped tiny red seeds in it, and it tasted worse. I was excited to see that this last time, the seeds looked like they use, and tasted like they used to, too. But unfortunately the effects were the same shitty thebaine high. Or actually probably fortunately for me. But I was still bummed.

Be careful. I remember reading about a kid who ODed on seed tea and when they tested the stuff he ODed on it had like 500mg of morphine in it.