• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can poppy seed tea really be as strong as real opiates?

Be careful. I remember reading about a kid who ODed on seed tea and when they tested the stuff he ODed on it had like 500mg of morphine in it.
Every time i try a new vendor/source/product i always start slow i was just going to sip it and give myself a good amount of time to see how i feel. Sounds like it takes 3 hours to fully kick in though and it sounds like it can be either really intense or really weak.

My tea didn't work out at all even after all this time, it's still got all the seeds siting at the bottom at the water is almost clear, I'll plant them like I was going to do anyway

That's the danger with seeds (and pods too but even moreso seeds)... every batch varies in potency. Some seeds I've had have been so strong that my usual dose caused breathing problems, the closest I've ever gotten to overdosing has been on seeds, two times in particular it was scary and I had to force myself to stay away and felt problems with breathing. And it lasts so long, it was not cool. If I had been opiate naive I'm sure I would have died those times, but I was deep in opiate addiction so I had a huge tolerance. New users may take too much, thinking "it's fucking poppy seeds, I bet this won't even work", and consume a lethal dose of morphine. Please be very careful with poppy seed tea.

That's the danger with seeds (and pods too but even moreso seeds)

Seeds stronger are they, dam, maybe I wasn't meant to have this drink work then as I'd already took benzos today, thought pods was stronger

the closest I've ever gotten to overdosing has been on seeds

Fuck, don't think I'll buy another batch as the pods only worked good twice, the first time I had to use loads of pods but it got rid of my fibromyalgia pain and felt the opioid in it

Seeds stronger are they, dam, maybe I wasn't meant to have this drink work then as I'd already took benzos today, thought pods was stronger

No pods are stronger by weight, I just meant that the potency of seeds varies more than the potency of pods does, so it's harder to dose properly.

Is the thebaine high in opioids that horrible stimulating high to it?

Yes it is. Thebaine is stimulating and not good feeling, and it lowers the seizure threshold.

Yes it is. Thebaine is stimulating and not good feeling

So that's what has ruined many opioids I have tried, and put me off trying again, oramorph, oxynorm etc loads, they make me feel stimulated, not what you want from a downer, if I want a stim, I'll buy a fucking upper lol, I hate uppers lol, used to like them at raves but that's it

There's no thebaine in any pharma opiates, it's just one of the alkaloids that is in the poppy. Something being synthed from thebaine has nothing to do with thebaine itself, it's not thebaine any longer, it's just that thebaine is the starting point for synthesis, due to it being much closer to the target opioid than any other precursor.

Oramorph is morphine so it didn't even start from thebaine. It was just extracted from the poppy, isolated so it's only morphine left, and put in pills.

There's no thebaine in any pharma opiates

Well I checked and read this on Google

"Oxycodone was first synthesized from thebaine, a naturally occurring alkaloid in opium in 1917. Today, in addition to oxycodone, thebaine is also the starting material for synthesis of other drugs, including oxymorphone, naloxone, and buprenorphine"

If its not in it what is it in Opioids that is stimulating then?

Well I checked and read this on Google

"Oxycodone was first synthesized from thebaine, a naturally occurring alkaloid in opium in 1917. Today, in addition to oxycodone, thebaine is also the starting material for synthesis of other drugs, including oxymorphone, naloxone, and buprenorphine"

If its not in it what is it in Opioids that is stimulating then?

I'm saying that they transformed the thebaine into different substances so it's not thebaine anymore, and just because a substance is similar in structure doesn't necessarily mean it will share the same properties. I do find oxycodone somewhat stimulating though. But nothing like thebaine. Yeah those ones listed are all synthed from thebaine. You mentioned oramorph, which is morphine, which hasn't even ever been thebaine at any point.

You mentioned oramorph, which is morphine, which hasn't even ever been thebaine at any point

I know but I thought I'd be all sedated on it and yeah when I took to much I was, but when I took less I was all hyper and chatty and on my phone messaging and reading random crap, when I just wanted to chill, watch telly and gouch out

I'm saying that they transformed the thebaine into different substances so it's not thebaine anymore, and just because a substance is similar in structure doesn't necessarily mean it will share the same properties. I do find oxycodone somewhat stimulating though. But nothing like thebaine. Yeah those ones listed are all synthed from thebaine. You mentioned oramorph, which is morphine, which hasn't even ever been thebaine at any point.
This is similar to the guy in another thread recently arguing that all MDMA contains meth as an active ingredient due to the MA in MDMA standing for methamphetamine... As if MDMA weren't one single molecule.

I know but I thought I'd be all sedated on it and yeah when I took to much I was, but when I took less I was all hyper and chatty and on my phone messaging and reading random crap, when I just wanted to chill, watch telly and gouch out
I believe what you are describing is called euphoria.

Poppy seed teas literally opium.

Opium contains not just morphine and codeine, but also obscure opioids such as papaverine, thebaine, and about a dozen others.

Codeine is just a prodrug for morphine (10 fold less potent), So the main drug in Poppy Seed Tea would just be morphine.

Keep in mind heroins a prodrug for morphine, so morphine should not be underestimated ever.

Super tiny blueberries? I can see that, never thought of it that way.

I'm not a heroin user but I've always had a lot oxycodone, oxymorphone, dhc, etc over the years and always scoffed at PST and kratom. I tried kratom and the effects were better than I thought but I thought PST would just taste really bad and not have any effect.

But then I heard stories of people overdosing and dying on it which means it must be the real deal. Is it easy to get a strong opiate high from it or were these people just consuming way too much and chugging it? I highly doubt it's potent enough to overdose just from having a few extra sips. Is there any way to make the taste like make it more potent with less water and mix it with something better tasting? Is it even potent enough to be dosed in small amounts or do you always have to drink a lot?

I know there's already a lot of information out about it but I can't find much on dosage or how much seeds you need or how to make it more concentrated. I wouldn't even know how much to drink. Is it like liquor or beer? Can you remove the water completely and get opium?
Poppy seed tea I have not tried. Yet Poppy Pod Tea is totally as strong as what you call real Opiates, seeing as I OD'd on them.
If you use pods please be careful as different batches massively vary in quality/strength.

Poppy seed tea I have not tried. Yet Poppy Pod Tea is totally as strong as what you call real Opiates, seeing as I OD'd on them.
If you use pods please be careful as different batches massively vary in quality/strength.
I really hope they are strong I need a really high dose of opiates to nod even with low tolerance and weed.