• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can large amounts of edibles make you gain weight?

Illyria99

Bluelighter
My usual poison is opiates, but since they're hard to come by in the amounts I need, I decided to get on the edible train. I recently discovered a dispensary that sells these AMAZING chocolate bars from Peru; each square has 70 mg of THC in it and I ate the FUCK out of them. Great high, long lasting, pretty trippy.

Only fucking problem is, I've noticed that I've gained a little weight during the last two months or so. No, I'm not snacking more, I still eat once a day...well okay, I DID eat half a strawberry cheesecake last Tuesday, but that's rare. 😅

Guess what I'm asking is this...do you guys think it's the THC?

The edible itself could be extremely high in calories you said it is a chocolate bar they often have extra sugar in them to keep it sweet and downplay the plant taste. it takes an extra 500 calories a day to gain weight and it’s not a stretch to make an edible 500 cals

I mean for example, keep regulsr diet calorie intake identical, but add or replace part with refined sugars, I guess 50-100 grams maybe?

Munchies or no munchies you'll surely see a flab increase.

Our edibles are homemade, simple coconut oil infusion following a decarb, kept undiluted in jar.

Taken neat, zero sugar, carbs, macronutrients.

Just coconut oil, which is a lower calorie fat at 6 cals per gram vs 9 regularly, doesn't lead to weight gain, also is the only fat not requiring digestion or liver activity.

I mean for example, keep regulsr diet calorie intake identical, but add or replace part with refined sugars, I guess 50-100 grams maybe?

Munchies or no munchies you'll surely see a flab increase.

Our edibles are homemade, simple coconut oil infusion following a decarb, kept undiluted in jar.

Taken neat, zero sugar, carbs, macronutrients.

Just coconut oil, which is a lower calorie fat at 6 cals per gram vs 9 regularly, doesn't lead to weight gain, also is the only fat not requiring digestion or liver activity.
That’s how I’d make it, decarb into coconut oil, and I’d add a little myrcene oil in as well, it seemed to help the high

That’s how I’d make it, decarb into coconut oil, and I’d add a little myrcene oil in as well, it seemed to help the high
Hi. I wondered if, when you an me might naturally talk again, just by flow I mean.

I hope you keep well, family too always, and dog! Hope the initial evident improvements with yumove lasted.

I believe it definitely acts, where it's at all indicated anyway.

One of the relatively good things still readily available to us lol.

Anyway lol. No surrprise hearing that also from you.

I know we have some slightly differing not politic but lol....celebratorial (maybe new, valid word) feelings, I always felt we share a heart, will and honest straight up sensible clean mind.

Just honest. You know me, no inhibition but never a lie.

I will never be 75% of a "member" lol.

Sorry, so lovely stoned plus brill kava today.

Edibles!!

Few points. We oven decarb. It works.

Generally, 225 C one hour, just med ground, foil cover.

Or 45 mins at 240 C, but needs attention to oven thermometer, occasional door opening etc.

Then, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN!

I swear it's the trick for facilitating active extraction.

I use it every kava prep, too.

Cooked low on hob 3 hours.

Now, first I would actually love to have a magical butter machine but they are so expensive the facts it requires one whole ounce of her each time is no longer a deterrence as it was years past.

However you still need to decarb your weed and there is something on the market switch I believe is worth having if you want the best.

I'm not just for edibles reportedly it makes a noticeable difference with smoked and vaporized weed as well by decarbing to perfection.

The Nova decarboxylater!

I would actually have and use both those pieces of equipment if they were cheap and I had my life together.

If I could only choose one of those it would actually be the decarboxylator.

Hi. I wondered if, when you an me might naturally talk again, just by flow I mean.

I hope you keep well, family too always, and dog! Hope the initial evident improvements with yumove lasted.

I believe it definitely acts, where it's at all indicated anyway.

One of the relatively good things still readily available to us lol.

Anyway lol. No surrprise hearing that also from you.

I know we have some slightly differing not politic but lol....celebratorial (maybe new, valid word) feelings, I always felt we share a heart, will and honest straight up sensible clean mind.

Just honest. You know me, no inhibition but never a lie.

I will never be 75% of a "member" lol.

Sorry, so lovely stoned plus brill kava today.

Edibles!!

Few points. We oven decarb. It works.

Generally, 225 C one hour, just med ground, foil cover.

Or 45 mins at 240 C, but needs attention to oven thermometer, occasional door opening etc.

Then, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN!

I swear it's the trick for facilitating active extraction.

I use it every kava prep, too.

Cooked low on hob 3 hours.

Now, first I would actually love to have a magical butter machine but they are so expensive the facts it requires one whole ounce of her each time is no longer a deterrence as it was years past.

However you still need to decarb your weed and there is something on the market switch I believe is worth having if you want the best.

I'm not just for edibles reportedly it makes a noticeable difference with smoked and vaporized weed as well by decarbing to perfection.

The Nova decarboxylater!

I would actually have and use both those pieces of equipment if they were cheap and I had my life together.

If I could only choose one of those it would actually be the decarboxylator.
Dogs actually doing great, she been taking it everyday for a while now and she actually runs around when she’s not sleeping the yumove is like a miracle product, and that plant looks chronic, I swear a well grown cannabis plant is like the most beautiful thing In the world

Maybe because I'm also not exercising as much after I have the edibles...? All of my limbs feel heavy, and I just want to sit. But someone here had a good point about the chocolate bar's sugar/calorie content. That might be a contribution factor as well. My tits and ass are bigger...I don't like it one bit.

8qsYmqQ.jpg

Nice flower!

Great point about sugar, but if it's Peruvian cocoa at 70% or higher, that's not going to be the culprit here unless your talking insignificant BF% changes.

Another great point is to exercise whether you want to or not.

It's possible/plausible your weight gain may be from dietary changes, hormonal changes, medication changes(you did mention you like opiates and that often blunts eating), or it can be hormal changes?

Very hard to say to be honest with you