• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Can a straight person have a slightly homoerotic dream?

psychedelicsoul

Bluelighter
I recently had a dream that greatly disturbed me. It wasn't exactly "gay" since there was no sexuality involved. There was a point in the dream where I hugged my friend who was weeping and I felt good doing it. Not as in I felt like doing anything sexual, but I felt good giving and recieving emotional support.
I'm not saying that hugging a dude makes you gay or bi... but isn't it weird to dream about it.

Personally, I find it hard and uneasy to imagine doing such a thing in real life. I normally hate physical contact and if my friend felt that bad about something I would probably give some kind of speech.
I don't like hugging anyone, not even my own mother. Normally I give speeches when someone I know is feeling down, the last thing I would do is hug someone.
The weird part is that in the dream I felt good doing it. However, in most times I've hugged people in real life, I felt awkward and uncomfortable.

Is it because I'm desperate to have some sort of affection? I don't get to hang out with friends often. And I have very few. I also don't get along with my parents nor do I really connect with them.
So pretty much 90% of the time, I only got myself. I don't talk about this kind of stuff with my parents and I generally spend most of my time talking to myself.

I normally hate physical contact and if my friend felt that bad about something I would probably give some kind of speech.
I don't like hugging anyone, not even my own mother. Normally I give speeches when someone I know is feeling down, the last thing I would do is hug someone.
if you're looking for "not normal" I'd look at these issues tbh

now you mention it, you really might be autistic. i'm not trying to take the piss or be funny, it's a genuine possibility imo.

i don't get how hugging an upset friend is homoerotic. nor is feeling good hugging a friend of the same sex gay.

get tested for autism, man. you sound generally quite a lost person in all these threads you start and it'd be great if you could work on some of your issues :)

now you mention it, you really might be autistic. i'm not trying to take the piss or be funny, it's a genuine possibility imo.

i don't get how hugging an upset friend is homoerotic. nor is feeling good hugging a friend of the same sex gay.

get tested for autism, man. you sound generally quite a lost person in all these threads you start and it'd be great if you could work on some of your issues :)

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/autism/autism-symptoms-and-early-signs.htm
I read through this website, and as a kid I had all of these symptons. But now I only have a few. But I don't see the point in getting tested? Do they have pills for autism? doubt it. It's not like there's a cure for autism, so even if I was diagnosed with it, it's not like they can do anything

But you honestly don't see anything gay about hugging your friend and getting emotional in a dream?

No, there is nothing remotely gay about hugging a friend. Or getting emotional in a dream.

I'm pretty sure some forms of autism can be treated, it's just not with pills generally.

But you honestly don't see anything gay about hugging your friend and getting emotional in a dream?
absolutely not.

that you do suggests some deep-seated issues and/or a misunderstanding the definition of homosexuality.

alasdair

absolutely not.

that you do suggests some deep-seated issues and/or a misunderstanding the definition of homosexuality.

alasdair

Okay... so... can someone be gay or bi without being sexually attracted to the same sex? I mean, people can feel love for a person that could possibly transcend friendship but you don't actually wanna fuck them. Would that make a person bi?

No, nothing gay about it. Nothing weird about the dream either. People have some VERY weird dreams. Sometimes your mind figures ways to connect things that have happened recently and combine then. It's weird. :)

No, nothing gay about it. Nothing weird about the dream either. People have some VERY weird dreams. Sometimes your mind figures ways to connect things that have happened recently and combine then. It's weird. :)

Well, after hugging him, we just continued playing video games and shit... If I'm not mistaken it was one of those PS1 street fighter clones... Marvel vs. something or other...

Could the dream simply be a sign of me being lonely

Don't overthink dreams, in my opinion, dreams are a combination of three things to varying degrees, the first is preparation, rehearsal, your mind playing out variations of things you fear to help you better deal with them should they happen, and the second is simple randomness caused by your decreased consciousness, and the third is anything you think about a lot, which ties in somewhat with the first part, since what we fear we often think about a lot.

If it's not simple randomness, the dream might be your mind trying to rehearse the uncomfortable position for you of having to give emotional support combined with your obvious homophobia or the fact you think about homosexuality a lot. Or it could be random.

I would concern yourself less with the meaning of the dream and more with your emotional, social, and mental problems. It is highly abnormal to give speeches to people but be averse to hugging them, especially even your mother.

It is highly abnormal to give speeches to people but be averse to hugging them, especially even your mother.

But I'm good at it... I don't see something abnormal about it. I think talking to people, and sometimes emphasizing what I say is way more normal than wrapping your arms around someone. I mean? What does that accomplish?

But I'm good at it... I don't see something abnormal about it. I think talking to people, and sometimes emphasizing what I say is way more normal than wrapping your arms around someone. I mean? What does that accomplish?

If you really were normal, you'd know. But for some reason you fail to comprehend it or even comprehend that the unanimous opinion of everyone but you might be correct.

The last thing I'd want when I was feeling down was some supposed know it all giving a speech as to his self assured brilliant insights.

I thought you are bisexual psychedelicsoul? Or that in general you do not like to hug or touch people, or be touched? You did post about this before.

I thought you are bisexual psychedelicsoul? Or that in general you do not like to hug or touch people, or be touched? You did post about this before.

I'm ex-bi... And if you believe that's bullshit, understand this... I believe in a soul, and I have to in order to assume that human lives possess value.

If one cannot change ones sexuality, than one has no control over ones self. If one has no control over ones self, one has no free will. And if one has no free will then life is pointless.
A human being has a soul and a brain. If the soul isn't real then a brain is just a computor and the mind is just an AI. Killing a hospital of humans in real life would be no better than doing it in GTA. Because GTA NPC's are elecronic AI in digital bodies that follow predetermined programming and adapt to surroundings.
But it's assumed that AI's are worthless cause they aren't real... but don't we need free will to be "Real". Otherwise, what's the difference?
Oh... an AI is man made, and a mind is natural? It'd still be the same thing.

Also, it's no secret I don't like being touched, but this post is about whether a dream can determine your sexuality.

Okay... so... can someone be gay or bi without being sexually attracted to the same sex? I mean, people can feel love for a person that could possibly transcend friendship but you don't actually wanna fuck them. Would that make a person bi?
i think you struggle with the definitions of some pretty straightforward concepts.

alasdair

i think you struggle with the definitions of some pretty straightforward concepts.

alasdair

So what do you call someone who you don't have the desire to fuck, isn't a family member, but you care about them more than an average friend?