• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine Withdrawals

yeah thats what one of my friends did...the every other day thing

I wouldn't be able to do this. I would get to 1 to 2 times per day and then just have to stop. Otherwise I would have a every-other-day schedule from not dosing.

If you can get to every other day, that is the best, and will help eliminate any major or interfering withdrawal symptom.

You may feel kind of "bored" or just slightly "tired". This was the last withdrawal I have experienced and seems to be the only one that is always present for withdrawal. I may not even feel tired at times when I wake up and haven't had buprenorphine for 8 to 12 hours, but if I do feel off, the only difference is I feel slightly tired. :)

how bad would they be..

i have weened down to about .4 - .5mg a day...

if i go down to a comfortable .1 - .2, could i get the WDs done with over a weekend? because i am about to get a good job opportunity and really want/need to get off and i just want to stop having to worry about taking my subs, making sure i always have one on me when i go out at night..its pathetic imo

sorry modz if this is the wrong place, haven't been on here in a very long time.

Doubt it to be honest mate, you will be looking at a solid couple of weeks at least. My advice is get down to as low dose as possible before jumping to make is bearable if you are working and try get some meds like Vallium in to help. Good luck mate, I have worked before during a taper several time methadone/subs and it was not nice -failed every time and ended up back on gear. I take my hat off to anyone who can taper and jump while in a full time job with out messing it all up. Could you not get like another week before you start the new job as you could get the worst out of the way that way?

that's a pretty low dose of sub. I jumped off from 1mg after a month of steady detoxing from about 120 mg of methadone. I had a job interview on day four of zero and it went ok, though I did have to knock myself out with some barbs the night before the interview as I'd been up three days--temazepam gives me the twitches. if I were you I'd expect insomnia, RLS, diarrhea, etc. but it's not as bad as it sounds really (though everyone's different). maybe there's some superhuman who can sleep in withdrawal without a pharmaceutical sledgehammer. I already hate this person I just imagined. ;-)

if you've been on opiates a long time like me then your body will be in a massive manic upswing so you don't feel the lack of sleep so much--mostly I had to get over the idea that I needed to sleep every day (I will once the body regulates itself, but I don't now).

day six now. still hunkering down, but of course the body's wound up. god help me I'm even chatty in the mornings.

In my experience 400micro grams is hard to jump off if you have been a long term addict. It's not the fact you are jumping off a small dose of subs it's that you are stopping taking any form of opiates after 10 years (in my case) and it's the brain dealing with that which is the hard bit. I get 400micro grams a day and I fell like shit all the time, I cant sleep and I wake up at the break of dawn needing to dose. The doctor thinks it's easy just to jump to nothing like that and I only get 8 10mg Tamazepam a month. What meds could I ask for which I stand a chance of been scripted that will help with RLS, not being able to sleep and the anexiety?

yep, it's hard. I was doing opiates for 18 years. You're lucky the temazepam seems to help--I get a paradoxical reaction from all benzos when I'm in w/d that increases RLS.

I thought phenobarb would be better, and while still on sub they were but now I still twitch all night and it takes a lot to knock me out.

I've heard about gabapentin (neurontin) being used for the RLS, as well as Epival. I can't tell you if they would help.

Personally I am just letting go of the idea that there SOME DRUG out there that would help me sleep and not have RLS at zero. Seconal or Nembutal maybe but those aren't available where I live and you have little chance of getting those scripts I suspect. So I just keep moving all night. I'm fine in the day, oddly enough, and go to work even.

Some people swear by Kratom. I'd rather just get through it, so I have prescribed for myself Time and Exercise as a means of getting through it. It's a long process of sucking it up. As old Doc Wilson used to say: you steal the fire, you have to pay the price.

Good luck.

In my experience 400micro grams is hard to jump off if you have been a long term addict. It's not the fact you are jumping off a small dose of subs it's that you are stopping taking any form of opiates after 10 years (in my case) and it's the brain dealing with that which is the hard bit. I get 400micro grams a day and I fell like shit all the time, I cant sleep and I wake up at the break of dawn needing to dose. The doctor thinks it's easy just to jump to nothing like that and I only get 8 10mg Tamazepam a month. What meds could I ask for which I stand a chance of been scripted that will help with RLS, not being able to sleep and the anexiety?

I hate being the only guy really spouting off about kratom here, but it has helped many, many people get off of opiates more painlessly. I can agree with toughing out w/d for some people, but for anyone who doesn't want to tough it out, kratom is the way to go IMO.

I'm on hour 56 of bumping Subs at 6mg a day. I feel fine - I had some withdrawals last night (exactly at hour 24). I've been taking tramadol, neurontin and pot when needed - definitely not relying on it. I feel fine. I have some yawning, stomach pains, cramping and anxiety but nothing like when I kicked opiates.

Now I get on here and read the hell everyone is going through and frankly, I'm freaked out. I've been on subs for almost 2 years, starting at 24 mg's and tapering down since then, finally landing at 6mg for the last year or so. I quit cold turkey - I've been on the film for 6 months and underneath my tongue is destroyed, I was sick of it.

Have the W/D's not started yet? Or am I just that ready to kick these that the psychological effects aren't as great?

I'm on hour 56 of bumping Subs at 6mg a day. I feel fine - I had some withdrawals last night (exactly at hour 24). I've been taking tramadol, neurontin and pot when needed - definitely not relying on it. I feel fine. I have some yawning, stomach pains, cramping and anxiety but nothing like when I kicked opiates.
I think this is probably the extent of what you are going to go through.

Don't psych yourself out- stay active eat a lot of good foods, exercise regularly, and drink plenty of water. Eventually all of these things will be long behind you. :)

I think this is probably the extent of what you are going to go through.

Don't psych yourself out- stay active eat a lot of good foods, exercise regularly, and drink plenty of water. Eventually all of these things will be long behind you. :)

That response sent chills through my body. This is my first time kicking suboxone. If this is it, I feel truly blessed compared to what I've been through previous times and especially compared to what others have described.

The tramadol help a lot, although as I assume this is the case with all opiate dependents - I can't stand the way it makes me feel (dissociated, loopy, nauseous etc) I'm starting to feel the insomnia. It's 8:30am here, haven't slept all night after waking up from a 5+ hour nap at 11pm.

I feel refreshed. My stomach feels shitty the past 6 or so hours since I posted, but I'm 12 hours away from 72 hours - I told myself if I made it that far, I'd be done for good. No more doctor visits, no more scripts, no more maintenance - a day without drugs. That's what I want now. The strangest thing so far is the fact that I have absolutely NO DESIRE to get anything. No "dros", OC's, subs, NOTHING. This transformation has been so incredible, I still can't believe it...

I'll be sure to keep you all updated, whoever reads this...

IDK that you're in the clear... Hopefully you are, but IME, the trouble sleeping begins around day 4 or so and lasts awhile... This is jumping from under 1mg...

(Hour 84) Well, trouble sleeping is the least of my worries to be honest. What I'm worried about is the fetal curl of excruciating pain, accompanied by intense cravings that don't stop until you get your fix.

But, I'm not sure if I mentioned it, I already felt that uncomfortable feeling of crawling skin at hour 24. It lasted a couple hours, then I got home, dosed with a small amount of Tramadol (100mg) and Neurontin (1200mg) and it slowly went away. Since then, continuous similar doses have been administered when needed, and I feel fine. Today I felt the worst stomach discomfort thus far but again, this is simply the physical effects of quitting - the body's detox. Sleeplessness started last night and will continue tonight (it's 4:30am now) but I could care less. If a week of insomnia is what I'm looking at - I'll take it. Being clean has so far been amazing.

^Tramadol certainly helps, hopefully it masks most of the symptoms for you.

man, I would have loved to have just a week of insomnia. the ridiculous way I did it involved two months of insomnia and it's still ongoing. I'm not saying you're going to be an insomniac like me, but I would at least allow for the possibility that things won't be back to normal after a week.

If a week of insomnia is what I'm looking at - I'll take it. Being clean has so far been amazing.

That response sent chills through my body. This is my first time kicking suboxone. If this is it, I feel truly blessed compared to what I've been through previous times and especially compared to what others have described.

The tramadol help a lot, although as I assume this is the case with all opiate dependents - I can't stand the way it makes me feel (dissociated, loopy, nauseous etc) I'm starting to feel the insomnia. It's 8:30am here, haven't slept all night after waking up from a 5+ hour nap at 11pm.

I feel refreshed. My stomach feels shitty the past 6 or so hours since I posted, but I'm 12 hours away from 72 hours - I told myself if I made it that far, I'd be done for good. No more doctor visits, no more scripts, no more maintenance - a day without drugs. That's what I want now. The strangest thing so far is the fact that I have absolutely NO DESIRE to get anything. No "dros", OC's, subs, NOTHING. This transformation has been so incredible, I still can't believe it...

I'll be sure to keep you all updated, whoever reads this...

That's great!

I'm still on buprenorphine - primarily for pain relief but also for ADHD relief as well - and am looking forward to being able to quit but I'm not sure if I ever will. I hope that I'll get there one day too. :D

Not to scare you but I have quit suboxone after 8mg a day for a year and It's not fun.. At all.. And don't take little opiates like painpills or something to help, cuz for me it just made things worse. Even loperamide is just a way to prolong the withdrawals. I mean, yeah loperamide helps, but are you gonna buy 72 anti diarrhea pills every couple times a week? No thanks.. And once you run out of the loperamide, here come the wds knockin again, worse than ever. Just tough it out and avoid any kind of opiates until Its all over. Xanax could help, but thats another ballgame with even worse outcomes than opiates if your not careful.

Its been almost a month now and I'm still feeling some wds like RLS, Diarrhea, Depression, Anxiety, and Insomnia. Suboxone really hangs on to your receptors. Smoke a lot of pot.. Alchohol helps temporarily.

I'm not at all trying to bitch or moan, I'm just sayin, be a man.. Thats the only option. hehe

*By the way, I tapered to a tiny dose.

I was told it gets into your bones after a year. I did a stinit in rehab last october (Dumb mistake, I panicked about my job). Anyway, they gave me 2mg subutex twice aday for the first two days, 2mg subutex once a day the second two days. then one mg a day for two days, then.5 mg for one day and then done. After a few years of an over 500mg a day roxi habit, interspersed with suboxone when i was dry, it was not fun. the third day, as usual, after the .5mg subutex i was dyin. All the WD effects. And the whole month i was jumpy, pissed off, and terrible insomnia.
Also, after 30 days in the hole (well, it was in FL and like a country club, good insurance), I just picked off the night my plane touched down in dirty jerz. But that's another story.

Sub withdrawal

Worse than oxy, for me, because it just last so long.
Three times I used Sub to get clean (temporarily, obviously) but had been using subs for about a year each time.
That shit stays in your system like nobody's business.
How I do it now, I jump off after being down to .5mg every other day for two weeks. after the third day of that, I take one more.5mg. Then I just cowboy up and it's nowhere near as ad as other WD, roxis, ocys, H.

What I don't get is how people cut a 8mg octagon sub into .1 or .2 mg. Are they crushing it and measuring out the powder? At that point I might think its mental because if you drop .2 mg of sub powder on your tongue you'd prolly swallow the shit before it got absorbed.

I dunno.

I've done heroin since '03 IV and just left a region of Ohio where they're givin it away... testers testers all day. Well I finally got Suboxone in the summer of last year '10. And it was a miracle at first. I felt like I had been let out of the prison of dope. My girl has insurance through her family so I got her to get subs in october as we would fuck around and then get subs off the streets. So today, April 28 6 months later I'm trying to quit subs. If you're going to use subs to leave something like mainlining heroin, DON'T USE IT MORE THAN TWO WEEKS. Get down to two mgs as quick as possible like 2nd or 3rd day. Then, taper from there. And you can use subs as quickly as 12 hrs after your last opiate dose if you take enough sub, but you will feel mild withdrawal because i've done it. Buprenorphine is like naloxin or whatever and will outcompete other opiates for receptors. You need enough to rip old opiates off and but bupe on but you can go on to sub as early as 12, but I usually waited till the 19 or 20 hour mark to avoid discomfort. I am mainly posting to list my experiences. I am now detoxing from subs and it's definitely not as bad as heroin, but I am scared of how long the withdrawals may take place. So, I went the hospital with some bullshit to get a scrip of hydrocodone, and I'm just taking enough to keep the negatives off. Oh, and I quit my job. I'm basically switching my dependence from long lasting opiates back to short acting opiates and tapering down. I can't imagine that withdrawals from 2 hydros a day (tapering from 5 and not there yet) will be bad-so far all is manageable. I'm on day two and plan on another 3-5 days before my last hydro then I shall finally be free of it all. So far it all seems good. Oh and I never took more than 16mgs of suboxone in a day even when I dosed at the 12 hour mark. Hope this helps. And Dont build sub reward pathways, you can use it to get off heroin and be done in two weeks with no real bad side effects but I learned that too late.

Worse than oxy, for me, because it just last so long.
Three times I used Sub to get clean (temporarily, obviously) but had been using subs for about a year each time.
That shit stays in your system like nobody's business.
How I do it now, I jump off after being down to .5mg every other day for two weeks. after the third day of that, I take one more.5mg. Then I just cowboy up and it's nowhere near as ad as other WD, roxis, ocys, H.

What I don't get is how people cut a 8mg octagon sub into .1 or .2 mg. Are they crushing it and measuring out the powder? At that point I might think its mental because if you drop .2 mg of sub powder on your tongue you'd prolly swallow the shit before it got absorbed.

I dunno.

I got the sublingual film which is much easier to cut into smaller pieces with scissors or exacto knife once you get real small.
:D You could do what you said with a pill but definitely mental.