• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine Withdrawals

Agreed, it's the duration that is hard about subs. This has been discussed many times -- read some of the suboxone megathreads. Get yourself some loperamide (Imodium) and use that to taper with -- helps a whole lot more that you would think (and not just for the runs).

Why take 4mg?? I was in a similar situation as you, after I jumped from 2mg of suboxone a day, and by day 4 I couldn't stand it anymore.

I snorted .5mg (Yes, one quarter of a 2mg pill) and within minutes I was shocked to find myself experiencing a full blown opiate high. The high off the tiny dose was better than any high I had ever had while doing the subs daily, and I was once on 16mg a day.

So if you do plan to give yourself a rest day, do only a tiny amount of suboxone. I wouldn't of believed it if it hadn't happened to me, but even .25mg gave me a noticeable mood lift and completely eliminated my withdrawals.

But - I've said it a million times and I'll say it again, taking 40mg of loperamide will COMPLETELY eliminate your withdrawals. You can do this, and then taper down your dose of lope by 2mg each day until you are done.

I hate to be redundant in giving the loperamide advice again and again, but I wish to god someone has taught me that when I first tried getting off suboxone. It makes getting off suboxone a breeze compared to the other ways.

suboxone during suboxone withdrawals

Alright so I've been using subs for a little over 4months now after I was misinformed of the potential addictive properties and withdrawal symptoms. Anyways I'm on day 7 with no sub, yet I still feel pretty shitty. I have one 2mg left. My question is whether or not it would be a good idea to take a small amount of the sub in order to curb my withdrawal symptoms. I'm talking a piece and then never touching it again. It would basically serve to break up and further, lessen my symptoms. But is this true, or will it just bring me back to square 1 regardless of the 7days or the tiny piece i plan on taking. Thanks in advance!

Might not bring you back to square one totally, but even a small amount of sub is pretty potent, so you'll get unsick for awhile and just go back to how you were feeling before when it wears off. Sub w/ds can last 2 weeks, sometimes even longer. I would just ride it out dont fuck it up.

taper off suboxone is easy, long half life, even better, say ur on 12mg daily, which is 1.5 tabs, just go down to a tab for a few days, skip a day, then take 8mg,, do it again, etc..just slowyld ecrease and skip a day, u will be fine it has a long half life, i wish i cane xplain better but im in a hurry i gotta get off, but usually day 3 without suboxone im in WD bad, soooo i just taper 2mg off of my dose for a few days, skip a day, go back to the taper. taper down more, skip a day, etc...

I was on 8 mg of suboxone and I think the worst part of it was taking it. I was sweating got hot and cold I was sleeping the whole day. I only took it for 2 weeks but once I came off it I felt so much better. (It was night and day) Even looking at the pills make me sick. You should be ok!

I was wondering if I was the only one! I was put on 8mg/3x daily and I'd go through a "mini-withdrawal" every 3-4 hours. I hated it and wanted off, especially after finding out you detox off subs almost as bad as methadone once you've been on them awhile. I tried to quit fast, 24 to 16 to 8mgs in five days. I was able to go 48 hours, then I took 4mg, so 4 in 60hrs plus. I don't feel bad really, but maybe that is because I was on subs for (only) 30 or so days? Anyway, I'm trying to see if I can get through tomorrow with nothing, then if I have to take another 4mg, skip a day, etc. I started this shit to get off the H but it seems just like any other addiction to me, you just don't get high.

Alright, I did it. Told my pain management doc to fuck off, after getting him to write me 120 subs (8mg...) This is a huge step for me, cause I am a chronic pain patient. I do NEED my meds, but I'm tired of being on pain meds, I'd rather be in pain than worry about being in withdrawl whenever I run out, or even when I wake up in the fucking morning. Anyone who knows me would understand that ME getting off the pain meds by CHOICE is something serious. Anyways, I got precipitated withdrawl cause he said, take your fent patch off and take one an hour later. LOL I was taking it buccally and waited 6 hours, but still got VERY sick. I was terrified to take more so I suffered BADLY for 40+ hours. A friend convinces me, I'll be ok it won't get worse. Just take it. So, day one I did my 32 mg suggested script, day 2 did 16mg, day 3 did 12mg, day 4 did 10, day 5 did 8, today is day 6 and did only 4 mg. I'm about to do another 2 cause today I'm feeling it like hell. So, I guess day 6 do 6 mg. I have a decent amount of them, and CAN get another script next month but I won't be able to afford to fill it. So I wanna just use these 120 (somehow I still have 121 of them out of a script for 120, HAHA take that pharma) to get completely off. Hell, if I can use even a fraction of that, I will. I don't want to draw it out. I just want my life back. (albeit a pain-filled one)

Any suggestions that don't involve me taking this shit for more than another week or two? Today is the first day the taper really bothered me. Maybe I'll take 6 mg tomorrow too then try 4 again on sunday... I can't imagine how I'm gonna get down to any type of dose under 2mg with these big pills that are hard to break evenly. I do have a digital scale, though I'm not great with math.... Anyways I know nothing about subs, so I'd appreciate the advice. I don't even give a shit about getting high at this point like I said I want my life back. That doesn't include NEEDING a substance, its one thing to WANT it but I've NEEDED it for TOO LONG. I'm so done. Thanks

next day edit- i didn't take the extra 2 mg so day 6 WAS 4mg and I'm going for that again today, but I still don't know how to do this right.... So I do still need help please and thank you

Last edited:
It would help to know what pain meds you were one previously. Sounds like you're still in withdrawal from whatever that was. One week of subs wouldn't really do it.

150mcg buccal fentanyl a day (like patches that I did buccally) and about 60-100mg oxycodone a day some other meds that aren't opiates so those don't matter

and I'm doing it and I don't have a choice cause its my future we're talking about here. And my family's. I spent 1700 dollars in december on drugs. I can't afford it. I want my life back. I'm sick of it all, so NOT doing this isn't an option. I just need to know what people who actually know about this sub crap suggest cause I haven't a clue what I'm doing. And like I said in my edit, I didn't take the extra 2 mg either so I'm gonna try to just do 4 mg again. Its day 7. And I don't want to use all 120 subs I'd rather use only 10 or so. I'm flushing the rest, with pure joy.... That is if I don't fuck this up, of course. lol

Sounds like you're on the right track. I'm tapering down on subs myself. I did 34 days (I think) at 24mg/day, then immediately kicked it down after coming on this site and seeing all the FAQs, etc. about sub w/d. We're actually in pretty similar circumstances so I'd say you're ok based on my situation. I skipped a day after taking 8mg, went a total of 48hrs without any opiate or opiods for the first time in years. I knew I hadn't taken anything in that span but it wasn't intolerable. I am skipping tomorrow and I'll be keeping that up just to see how it goes. The faster you get off the subs the better but one thing they'll do for you is keep you from using the oxy (well, it will keep you from getting high off the oxy) so I'd recommend sticking to it for now. Once you've been without the high for a bit, you should be able to finally kick it. I hope it works out for you, I and a lot of people here know too well what it is to be slave to this crap.

Afters years of a nasty H habit, I moved to an area where there was nothing but oxys and other crappy opiates that cost me thousands of dollars, my job, my freedom, my family, etc. I have been on sub for most of the past 8 years starting at 16 mgs a day the first month then 8mg for 2 years then 4mgs a day until the past 2 years when I have been injecting sub at low doses. Sub has gotten too expensive and hard for me to find. I'm using it at a very low dose IM and am ready to get off this merry go round. I've tried getting off several times but cant take the long drawn out w/d's that come even after tapering to .25mgs a day. I have 8 8 mg subs left. Next month I can get 240 hydros for free. My plan is to continue taking .25 mgs of sub until it's gone. I have found tapering lower then quitting does not help. When I run out I am going to take hydros for a month to help with the w/d's of sub. I assuming it'll be easier to withdraw from them and that most of the sub will be out of my system after a month. Is this a crazy plan? I dont think I will get addicted to hydros or at least crave them like H. Wouldn't it be easier to go thru 4 days of hydro w/d than a month of sub w/d? Any word of wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks-Desperate to be clean!!!

methadone to suboxone

i have been on 80mg of methadone for 9 months..i skipped sat...dosed 70mg sunday...skipped monday doesd at 50mg...i was sick thats the only reason bc i couldnt ride it out..and i get on suboxone tommrow afternoon...and i know i probably go into precipitated withdraw but how do they get me out of it keep giving me more suboxone?

Withdrawls from .1 - .25mg bupe?

how bad would they be..

i have weened down to about .4 - .5mg a day...

if i go down to a comfortable .1 - .2, could i get the WDs done with over a weekend? because i am about to get a good job opportunity and really want/need to get off and i just want to stop having to worry about taking my subs, making sure i always have one on me when i go out at night..its pathetic imo

sorry modz if this is the wrong place, haven't been on here in a very long time.

We have a thread specifically for buprenorphine withdrawals - can I merge it in there?

I'm pretty sure you'll be fine, if you do have a withdrawal-like effect it should go on longer than 2 days typically but it gets gradually better each day. You may not be bothered by it past 2 days though. :)

of course you can merge it, i just want some insight...because i read things about people jumping off 1mg + and saying its hell.....but just wondering how hellish .1-.2mg would be like?? thanks

of course you can merge it, i just want some insight...because i read things about people jumping off 1mg + and saying its hell.....but just wondering how hellish .1-.2mg would be like?? thanks

I'll merge it now. :)

I'm sure it won't be that bad. If it is, you could try doing 0.1 to 0.2mg every other day first, and that would help.