• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

Everyone is different, but generally speaking you shouldn't have to wait much longer than 48hrs, almost certainly not more than 72hrs... Then again, the situation is more nuanced than that. Enjoy :)

So you took 8mg of suboxone this morning? pretty high dose for someone who is using it recreationally... and you're not sick or anything?

The more suboxone you take, the more you'll have to wait before it's all out of your system and full agonists will have their normal effects. So, if you did take the whole 8mg, you probably have to wait 24-48 hours, depending on what kind of opioid you plan on (ab)using.

If you are going to indulge in a "weaker" (less binding affinity to your opioid receptors) opioid such as hydrocodone/vicodin, you'll probably have to wait longer than not (i.e. 48+hrs) to get the effects you want. However, with strong opioids (high affinity to your receptors) such as oxycodone or heroin, you won't have to wait as long (24-48hrs - but you'll still have to wait, and it's all still dosage/personal chemistry dependent).

TBH the first time I used suboxone (recreationally), I took just a lil bit, maybe 1mg tops. I wasn't able to get the desired effects out of my doc at the time, hydrocodone, for almost a whole week. And even then, I feel like it took a longer time than that to really enjoy the hydro like I used to... but then again, who knows.

A good point to always make: Everyone is different. And, although I don't advise this, you can always try compensating for the suboxone being in your system with taking more of your full agonist... As in, if you normally like the effects of 20mg of oxycodone, try taking 30-40mg, as that is likely to almost get you to where you want to be. this can be dangerous though, as using more opioids than not is rather dangerous and unpredictable given your situation. And I this is going to be almost certainly a waste with opioids that have a lower affinity to your receptors, such as hydrocodone.

IF you do decided to go this route, still MAKE sure you start with your normal dose and work your way up. It's been said before and will be said countless times again (or something to this effect): you can always take more, but you can't take back what's already entered your blood stream. And no, the administration of something like Narcan to bring one out of w/d is not fun... But I digress...

If you have a ready source/supple of opioids, I'd suggest a little experimentation. Try taking your normal dose after 24-48hrs. You probably won't get where you wanna be, but one never knows till one tries, right?

What I would do in your case is just wait as long as possible to indulge. The more time you put between your full agonist and the use of suboxone, the more you'll enjoy the full agonist.

The biggest question that would help, other than how much suboxone you used and your ROA (route of administration/how you used it) would be what kind of opioid you're planning of (ab)using and what dosages you'd normally take?

(as stated, you'll have to wait longer to take vicodin than percocet, but you'll still have to wait a good while for the percs too.. unless you don't have a tolerance and try taking like 60mg oxycodone/12 percs at once... you'd probably feel that 24hrs after the fact... but again, doing such would almost certainly be stupid and irresponsible, if not a direct thread to your health and wellbeing, not to mention life... well, assuming you've never done it before and don't know yourself and your relationship to opioids like the back of your hand, and I'm assuming, given your question, this is not quite the case)

Oh, my fingers... fucking hell. I think I hear mr. dilaudid knocking at my door :) sorry, that shouldn't make any sense... 'night
I crushed the pill into a fine powder and put it under my tongue, besides a tiny pile of crumbs I took it all. My friend said I should keep it there for a half an hour. So I did, and that is the only thing I hate about taking suboxone which is the taste.

He had given me a smaller dose the other time this month, like a little corner of it. Nope. I haven't gotten sick from suboxone. And the normal opiates I use is percs or Vics. I usually take 4 pills at a time and always get itchy faced and feel relaxed.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it 48 hours .

Yea, that should be the bare minimum of time that'll do it. Next time you do suboxone, try snorting 1/4 of the 8mg pill. way more enjoyable and easier to do that putting that shit under your tongue. gross! it'll also increase the ba by snorting it very significantly. but like I said, don't try snorting more than 1/4 of the 8mg pill until you're comfy with the effects. and despite what anyone tells you one the street, you don't have to worry about the narcan/naloxone in the suboxone. The bupe overpowers it and essentially renders the "anti-abuse" ingredient ineffective whether snorted, IM'd/IV'/d, plugged, or otherwised used in any manner (smoked? yea, but groooooosss).

From the sounds of it you have a little tolerance to opioids/suboxone going, so there is a good chance you'll have to wait 72hrs to get full effects. But as I said, who knows...

Also, try taking the percs as opposed to the vicodin as those will stand you the best chance of getting a nice buzz. And, again, instead of taking four you might wanna consider five or six. But this is your call. Not much increased risk adding one or two, but, well, the apap might prove problematic (do your pills have 5mg oxydodone/325mg apap? if so 1625mg of apap is, unless you're an alchi or have liver issues, nothing to worry about... 2.5g apap, yea, but <2g not so much for the average healthy individual).

Last but not least: ENJOY! :)

Usually I dont enjoy opiates or opiods. But my first and only time with Buprenorphine changed that, well not really, but the experience was amazing. I had about 8 shots of wild turkey over 2 hours preceeding the Bupre. I snorted ~1mg, I have no opiate tolerance. Soon I was nodding like I never had. Full blown dream sequences complete with vivd CEV. CEV may not be the right word as I was truly seeing it. Truly hallucinating. At one point I thought I was skydiving. It actually scared me at one point.
The next morning I had so much nausea I just laid in bed for 12 hours.

Overall it was enjoyable. The seemingly psychedelic effects were worth it.

Still, opiates suck.

Your lucky you think opiates suck dude...don't go trying to change that opinion. I wish I hated opiates....would be thousands upon thousands of dollars richer.

Question about combining bupe with benzos. I am benzo and opiate naive, relatively. I use benzos once a week opiates less than that. I just took:

1 mg buprenorpine (approximately, I cut up an 8 mg sublingual strip)
1 mg Ativan
25 mg meclizine ( Dramamine II)
50 mg Hydroxyzine_
and a cookie laced with weed

Now I'm inclined to drink a beer but I'm not sure if I should. I'm a 200 lbs male and I've railed 80 mg of OC before , (although I barfed and was high as hell for a long time) but I'm new to polypharmacy and am trying to not go overboard.)

What sayeth you?

Question about combining bupe with benzos. I am benzo and opiate naive, relatively. I use benzos once a week opiates less than that. I just took:

1 mg Ativan
50 mg Hydroxyzine_

Now I'm inclined to drink a beer but I'm not sure if I should. I'm a 200 lbs male and I've railed 80 mg of OC before , (although I barfed and was high as hell for a long time) but I'm new to polypharmacy and am trying to not go overboard.)

What sayeth you?

Well, if you're able to respond that means you're at least alive. If you're going to ask the question, do it before you ingest the drugs...not much information can do for you after it's in your body. Just a bit of advice. That's a lot for somebody with no opiate tolerance to combine it with benzos on top of a few other things. Maybe somebody else has better advice for you..

Well, if you're able to respond that means you're at least alive. If you're going to ask the question, do it before you ingest the drugs...not much information can do for you after it's in your body. Just a bit of advice. That's a lot for somebody with no opiate tolerance to combine it with benzos on top of a few other things. Maybe somebody else has better advice for you..

Yeah, we can't help you if you've already taken all these drugs other than to say monitor how you are feeling very closely and hopefully you are not alone with no one to call an ambulance if you od. I would definitely not suggest adding alcohol on top of all the stuff you've already taken. Have you taken any combination like this before?

I've taken this combination before ...sort of. I didn't take quite so much bupe before and I used 1 mg Xanax instead of Ativan and 100 mg of Benadryl instead of hydroxyzine and no meclizine. And I had a shot of Jack Daniels.

I'm not nodding so I could probably handle the beer but sounds like I should stick with water just to be on the safe side. Thanks guys.

I wish I was able to get my hands on bupe when I was still chipping real irregularly (for 8 years I was using opioids 1-3 times for 5-6 months a year - basically I'd binge for a few days then stop for months, or take them once a week for 2-3 weeks then stop for a few months). Even when I had tolerance where 70-90mg of oxy nod me the fuck out, bupe used to give me just as good of euphoria and a high that lasted 1.5 days. It was solid. I had 10-15 fantastic highs with bupe, then as I pushed up the doses and was using opioids regularly bupe changed into just something to hold me over for a few days with out going into WD and a gave me a good mood lift. I know bupe has given non-opioid users some great highs, and I know that there are a lot of user that find it to be shit. I think alot has to do with tolerance and some brain chemistry.

1 mg Ativan
50 mg Hydroxyzine_

What sayeth you?

That's overkill from someone that is both opiate and benzo naive. Buprenorphine overdoses only really occur when the drug is mixed with CNS depressants like benzos and alcohol, and you have mixed two already, and are pondering mixing all 3. Due to the very high binding affinity of buprenorphine, overdoses are hard to treat since the drug usually used to treat opiate overdose [naloxone] is not effective in treating buprenorphine overdose. This means that other treatment options would need to be explored (such as flumazenil to reverse the effects of the benzo) and they carry with them a lot of complications.

I'm not saying that you are in overdose territory, but adding alcohol to the mix could do it. Buprenorphine is a very potent opioid. The 1mg dose that you took is equal to about 40mg of morphine (oral) or 20-25mg of oxycodone (oral) to give you an idea of where you are at. It can take a few hours to get the full effects from buprenorphine, so even though you are not nodding yet, it might not have fully hit you yet.

I've never found bupe all that recreational; if I take a large enough dose, a very large dose, then I get sort of a floaty, almost anti-depressant effect or "high" that is somewhat similar to tramadol (in my experience) and very much different from the other prescription opiates and pain killers and things (like oxycodone).

I use bupe for one purpose now and one purpose only, and that's to stave off all the nasty withdrawal symptoms. It's a god-send, man, and just a mg, one mg, can do wonders to make me feel better.

I find bupe to be a very strange drug. When I first started taking it for addiction management, it would give me a major burst of energy and a strong mood boost, yet it wasn't necessarily euphoric. It was more of an antidepressant effect than a euphoriant effect, very much like verso reports. This lasted 6 months or so. After that and up to now, I don't feel bupe at all. Sure, I've snorted it a few times when I was earlier on in recovery and it wasn't impressive at all. It wasn't euphoric nor did it act as an antidepressant. It just had a very spacey and "out of it" feel. Besides that, as an opioid addiction treatment med, it's pretty damn good, except for the ridiculous constipation it causes as well as the excruciating headaches it sometimes causes. Oh yeah, and the taste of Suboxone tablets is just sickening. Still, to parrot verso, it's a God-send when it comes to staving off w/d symptoms and staying clean.

It can take a few hours to get the full effects from buprenorphine, so even though you are not nodding yet, it might not have fully hit you yet.

Good advice, I held off on the booze and drank ginger tea instead and I'm glad I did. I started to nod a few hours into it. Still feel a little high today too actually :)

I wondewr why it takes several hours to feel the effects fully. I would think a sublingual strip would hit the bloodstream right away.

My best experience w/ Buprenorphine was when my doctor (in Mexico) wrote prescription, then gave me 0.25 mg. ampules &
syringes for IM injection .25-.50 for pain. This was as far back as 25 years ago - After being prescribed 90 x 40 mg. oc (w/2 refills) everytime I took holiday in Mexico.
Buprenorphine was quite a change - I didnt have to chew 3-4 oc's just to start the day...made vacation time quite a bit more enjoyable.

Hi, i decided to give bupre a shot as a recreational drug.
My opioid tolerance is relatively low (but had 300mg codeine 30 hours ago). never touched any strong opioid neither.
So i snorted 0,3 2 hours ago, than again 0,3 one hour ago.
The effects seem weak, no bad sideeffects neither.
i still go 3 mg left, suggestions? i wanna be careful, but high too!! :D any input would be nice!! (tell me what you tould do)..

Hi, i decided to give bupre a shot as a recreational drug.
My opioid tolerance is relatively low (but had 300mg codeine 30 hours ago). never touched any strong opioid neither.
So i snorted 0,3 2 hours ago, than again 0,3 one hour ago.
The effects seem weak, no bad sideeffects neither.
i still go 3 mg left, suggestions? i wanna be careful, but high too!! :D any input would be nice!! (tell me what you tould do)..

The effects of nor-bupe' are what you want- an IM injection of .25 is the ideal amount so sublingual do not exceed 1 mg.
Let it dissolve w/ yer' mouth closed or its a waste...