• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

I've heard taking a very small dose of bup (I have subs) a couple hours before taking a full antagonist (in my case it would be oxycodone) can give you more bang for your buck (I want to take less oxy because of the limited availability). If anyone has tried this successfully, I would be interested in knowing what ammount of bup they would recommend and also how long to wait before dosing the oxy and anything else they care to share for optimum results. I normally insufflate both. Also I prefer getting a nice euphoric buzz along with an energy boost that I normally get from either one as opposed to a nod. One other thing - I assume if I choose to redose (about 6 hours later when I do), I would only do so with the oxy but if someone can confirm or deny this as the ideal way, it would be most appreciated. Cheers!

Buprenorphine is prescribed alongside full-agonist opioid therapy in pain management sometimes, for less than severe pain.

Keep in mind that buprenorphine will raise your tolerance significantly, and I'm pretty sure the withdrawals from a partial agonist and full agonists would be taking nightmarish WD to a whole new level.

same shit

What do you mean by that?
I actually have read that da BA is higher if you snort than if you use it sublingual..?
Btw i snorted nearly 2mg till now and i feel just great - 0,5mg was definately too less an so was 1mg...
I experienced no bad sideeffects at all.

Codeine keeps the throne for me though...

Good night to everyone;)

Last edited:
Aint nothing like watching western movies while on it !!

This time I took 20 mgs (2.5 - N8s) suboxone, and didn't get NEARLY as high as two days ago
Sublingually?

What a waste.. :I

Has anyone else had problems having sex while on this shit -_- I snorted 1mg and went to a party, got thriced as shit with some weed and alcohol, and had an amazing buzz, brought a girl back to my place and couldnt get hard to save my life. It was embarrassing. This isn't the first time either, can't even bate while on this stuff.

Do you have experience with other opiates? Some people can't get hard on opiates/opioids, while others (like myself) can get hard and horny as hell, but not cum if their life depended upon it. I've never found buprenorphine to effect me sexually moreso than any other opiate.

any ideas

Does anyone have suggestions, I had a 70-150mg a day hydro habit I just started sub's Saturday I got the 8 mg strips I was told to take half in the am. and half in after noon. I took my first 4mg dose Saturday 11 am. at my doc appt, it had ben almost 24 hours since my last hydro dose (90mg). It took about an hour to feel it working, and I felt good even catching a small buzz. Later that afternoon I took the other half and was good to go for about 2 hours and then I started to feel like shit nausea, bad tension headache,anxiety, shaky,and very tired but could not sleep. My GF (God bless the woman) suggested a back rub. After an hour of that and half hour of sex no ejaculation I felt a bit relaxed so I took my sleeping pill (50mg trazadone) and laid there tossing and turning all night 2nd day Sunday, I cut my strip into 2mg pieces, took 2mg at 9am, 2mg at noon, 2mg at 3pm and 2mg at 6pm. Once again thesame feeling came back again anxiety,nausea,headache,shaky tired but can't sleep I took my trazadone and again tossed and turned all night. WTF am I doing wrong I thought this stuff was supposed to make you better not worse anyone have a suggestion, did I take to much? Not enough?

bupe is actually one of my favorite opiates because it makes me so energetic and happy and actually do stuff unlike on uppers

That is exactly how I feel about Oxycodone. FUCK DOPE! Oxycodone is the best fucking opiate known to man. Chewing up OPs is my favorite thing ever, 6-8 hours of energetic motivational euphoria. In my opinion Oxycodone is an upper, the best kind, except it doesn't necessarily keep you from sleeping. I heard it kills pain too, hah. I've had 3 shoulder surgeries.

Btw I just took my first Sub, 1mg of bupe, I likes it. I have some 'pins too, thats not too risky a combo? Ima probly take 1mg of that too.

Last edited:
To the above post - I only feel the positives from OC for about 3-4 hours tops, even less if it's not on a "once in a while" basis. I've only ever been steady enough so to speak that my tolerance raised to a full 20mg oral for a good peak (what I thought was good). You're lucky.

Either way, I decided to post to ask a question -
I've never used Sub before tonight, I've also never developed a habit with opiate/oids. I knew to start low, took roughly 1mg of a strip. Lovin' it!

I've read a lot about "It's been xxx hours, can I get high now?" My question is, because my original plan was this, will I achieve similar effects if I dose tomorrow?
Most of the stuff I've read seems like it's more related to people who are addicted and have a tolerance. I have no tolerance which is what makes me ask.

Editting only to add: I'm sorry if this has been covered but I assure you I've looked for the last hour trying to get an answer and I couldn't find much for people w/o tolerance.

Generic Suboxone Approved

I got word that a company by the name of Amneal Pharmaceuticals will be creating a generic form of Suboxone coming out soon. The FDA granted approval with the stipulation that the product not be brought into interstate commerce until the REMS program is operational. That timing is anticipated to be next week.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...eric-Suboxone®

Regarding pricing, that is completely up to the trade (including wholesalers, distributors, pharmacies and third party payers) according their individual pricing structures, philosophies and expectations. We don't have any input or control on the end pricing and/or reimbursement details.

In addition, there is another company Actavis that is also approved for generic Suboxone. www.actavis.us

Just thought I would share this with anyone interested. I'm brand new to the forum but not new to the world of Opioids. 13 years of Hydrocodone and Oxycodone...started taking it orally and then to snorting. I would still do it if I could, but I've been on Suboxone for four years almost to the day and it saved my life.
Thanks to everyone that posts information, data, etc...I find it all very interesting, helpful and sometimes therapeutic.

I didn't really read any of the responses but bupe/suboxone is not very recreational to me (although POTENT as fuck!!!)....

I took 4 mg with NO opiate tolerance (i never do opiates) and was puking my guts out and had the spins......but was also nodding and somewhat euphoric.

It seems like the euphoria of subs is matched with negative effects (to me at least).

I used to get high as fuck on subs loved it...now im on sub mant and dont get high anymore =(

Yeah, whatever recreational value and euphoria it provides in the beginning (if you're opiate tolerant at all, it's not very much anyway, even at the start) fades really quick once you begin taking it enough.

I was clean of opiates for six months then started abusing subs Daily and got high for a couple months

Dunno if I posted here before already, can't remember, but I use Bupe recreationally. I have a pretty low opioid tolerance since I haven't used them all that much.

I can get 40mg transdermal bupe patches here really cheap and then I just do an ethanol extraction on 0.5-3mg and take that sublingually.

Works a charm, I usually nod from around 2mg, and get really nice euphoria from even the lowest doses.

It also produces much worse constipation for me that lasts almost a full week after a single low dose, so that has the handy side-effect of stopping me using it much more frequently. I've done it 2-3 times in a week before but usually I've spread out doses by a week or more.

I didn't really read any of the responses but bupe/suboxone is not very recreational to me (although POTENT as fuck!!!)....

I took 4 mg with NO opiate tolerance (i never do opiates) and was puking my guts out and had the spins......but was also nodding and somewhat euphoric.

It seems like the euphoria of subs is matched with negative effects (to me at least).

That's because you took 4mg with no tolerance.. If you take too much of any opiate/opioid with not enough tolerance you're going to have the spins and nausea and not enjoy it quite so much.

When I first tried bupe even 1mg was a fairly potent dose for me and this was with a crude extraction from the transdermal patches which I don't believe gets all the bupe out - so maybe more like 0.6-0.7mg of actual bupe.

Careful when mixing bupe with Valium or other sedatives. Could cause arrested breathing in sleep. I take both Rx'd to me and a few nights ago I was anxious so I chopped up a whole 10 mg Valium and half of a 2 mg bupe and snorted. I started to nod BAD! It was scary because I thought I was OD'ing. CAREFUL!! I knew this and still made this stupid mistake. Start small. Bupe goes a long way!

The first thing I shot ever was bupe. 1 mg of subutex got me high as fuck. But then I got on heroin and now I can't get high at all anymore :( I've got 2 8mg strips to help me through my next detox, which might begin today...