• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

I've been taking one mg of suboxone for over a month, I've been tempted to take four mg to see if I can get a real high out of it, but I'm not sure if my tolerance is really beneath the cieling enough that taking more would produce an actual high rather than just more pronounced effects out of what I usually get from bupe. Any thoughts.? I know less is more but I'm curious if you take little enough if more ever is actually more

I've been taking one mg of suboxone for over a month, I've been tempted to take four mg to see if I can get a real high out of it, but I'm not sure if my tolerance is really beneath the cieling enough that taking more would produce an actual high rather than just more pronounced effects out of what I usually get from bupe. Any thoughts.? I know less is more but I'm curious if you take little enough if more ever is actually more

From everything i have learned from doing subutex and suboxone is that no you will not feel any better than that 1 mg dose you are taking if you decide to take 4 mg. If you wanna get high from bupe then you really have to quit for a couple of weeks and then just IV about 1-2mg and you will get a great buzz followed by hours of nodding and being real talkative. Or at least quit for a couple days. I used to give these Mexicans I worked with the tiniest little pieces of subutex prob 1mg at the most and they would work their asses off all day.

Damn I figured as much. I just don't understand why that would be. Ive heard someone say that they stoped taking two mg for three days and then did half a milligram and got super high. Two mg of suboxone per day builds up to a total of five mg and that means that72hours later there would be 1.25 mg left in the system, this would leave me to believe that taking half a mg a day sublingually and taking extra bupe might lead to the same result, so I thought perhaps it might apply to a slightly higher dose of one milligram. Perhaps I'll try and go a few days without, using neuron tin and loperamide. It's just so hard to skip days and dealing with the depression and anxiety

loperamide is a blocker in itself so you might not even feel anything coming off of that. Ive experienced that numerous times. Get clean using loperamide for a few days and then I cant get high when i wanna start using again.

I love it, perhaps because I have a low tolerance. I usually take about 1 mg, and I am good (boy oh boy, am I ever goooooooooood) for 8 hours or so.

I do find ~2mgs euphoric (especially if insufflated), as it's supposed to metabolize more norbuprenorphine when is a strong full agonist opioid to my knowledge. I do find with my current tolerance that higher dosages increase my high significantly I prefer 4-8mgs, higher dosages are much more preferable imo if used sublingually

How much do you take daily? That's wired about loperamide being a blocker. Though it seems impossible that it could block bupe

How long should you wait between doses to make sure you get a good buzz and don't have too much in your system to get a buzz at all. I plugged 3mg about three hours ago then I snorted 1 mg 2 hours later and didn't get much of a buzz. How long should I wait before dosing again?

How much do you take daily? That's wired about loperamide being a blocker. Though it seems impossible that it could block bupe

nah i meant block other opiates like opana and heroin it definitely does. Ive never taken bupe soon after taking lope because i never knew if i would get prec. withdraw or not.

How long should you wait between doses to make sure you get a good buzz and don't have too much in your system to get a buzz at all. I plugged 3mg about three hours ago then I snorted 1 mg 2 hours later and didn't get much of a buzz. How long should I wait before dosing again?

Dude honestly to get a GOOD buzz like the one you got before you gotta wait like 2 days. You will feel it tomm if you do it but it wont be near what it was today. Its like when you shoot some dope and then do more a couple hours later and dont feel as good of a buzz as the first time. Bupe is like this but lasts for wayy longer

i had given a 8mg sub. to a friend that was in jail for 2 months ,well he and another friend did 2mg each ,he said he was so fucked up (the other friend to) they couldnt walk ,was nodding out for hours on end when they werent throwing up
the friend he had with him said he was afraid to go to sleep ,oh they were like 100ft from the house at the woodpile and they had to crawl back

i never got high though and am really thinking of asking my doc for some since ive been clean for a month just to get a buzz legally ,i know it sounds bad but im not truly happy clean ...i hate to admit that ,im ashamed of it actually but wouldnt it be better to get high legally then illegally and run the risk of being caught?.....

kinda stuck here

I took bupe heavily for a couple months recreationally. I had no opiate tolerance, so 1mg made me feel nice. Of course it's not as nice as a full-agonist, but the attractive part of bupe is that 1) it lasts so damn long and 2) it is the cheapest recreational drug I can think of. You can be high all day for pocket change.

The problem is that physical addiction sets in faster than most other opiates because even if you dose once a day you don't ever really come down. At first I would get high from 0.5mg, and after a month 8mg wouldn't do anything. The withdrawals aren't as physically intense as full-agonist opiates, but they last for much longer (greater than a week) and they are emotionally much worse. Literally anything could make me cry. Akathesia was bad. For a year afterward I just saw people as walking dead. Caused severe anxiety for a year afterward. Would not do again.

I tried 2mg a couple months after my WD and it just made me feel irritable with 0 euphoria.

I havent got any experience with it but a buddy got about 100mg of pure bupe and he even smoked it off foil like with H so it does have some recreational effects i think he said it only hit him quicker (he had a huge heroin habbit at the time though so hes tolerence was through the roof)

Wow. I really wish I would have read this thread a few hours ago.

I had a Suboxone and decided to go ahead and give it a whirl.. it was an 8mg sublingual strip. I cut it into quarters; one quarter for me and one eighth for my boyfriend. At one point several years ago I was a pretty heavy opiate user, but these days it's purely recreational. I probably take 40mg of hydrocodone a week, so I thought that 2mg of Suboxone would be the right dose for me. I was wrong.

Within 15 minutes of allowing the strip to dissolve, the only thing I noticed was a numb tongue. Regardless, I wasn't going to take anymore, so I got up to warm up a leftover calzone. HUGE MISTAKE. The food looked wonderful and smelled even better, but a single bite was enough to leave me hurling for the 10 minutes that followed. Once that was over, I got an overall 'yucky' feeling; the same one I've noticed if I take too much Percocet. I had a glass of water and started reading this thread.

I think that the next time I attempt this, I'm going to take maybe .5 mg and redose with another .5mg an hour later if I'm not feeling it. To be honest, I'm quite shocked by just how potent this medication really is. The strongest opiates I've ever used are probably Dilaudid and that other IV drug that starts with a D... can't remember its name.

Anyway, it's been about 3 hours and I still feel extremely nauseous, even when I sip water. Otherwise, the buzz is good. I think I just overdid it. :)

I love this forum, BTW. Awesome job, folks!

when i was really bad into heroin, i decided to quit, so i saw a suboxone doctor and switched immediately from 6-7 bags IV heroin, to suboxone. When i first tried the suboxone when i was in heroin withdrawl, i snorted a quarter of a sub (2mg), and nothing happen for about 20mins, then i got that OH SO familiar heavy opiate buzz feeling, i got wasted and was high for HOURS on end, the next day wasnt nearly as high, eventually i became immune to suboxone.
Subutex is another story, when i havent had bupe for awhile, i would shoot 2mg of subutex and get the greatest feeling rush comparable to miild heroin high, the rush was heavier and more subtle, took about 40seconds to really feel it, but it was great, however u wont feel any high if u keep IVing subutex every 5 hours as i did because i just got hooked to the whole needle thing and the subutex rush i get when i go a lil bit without bupe...i have IVed suboxone and it seems like it is effective, just i dont feel a rush, just feel the effects 30mins after IVing..

I use it and have been using it at 4mg in the am to 'get normal' vs. get high and ironically I feel BETTER at this get normal dose than I do on a get high dose of some other drug, any other drug. I still use dope to 'get high', have never tried to 'get high' off of bupe and don't think I will. I've been doing more of the 'get high' off of dope than I would like to now and hope I can curb this as bupe is a wonder drug for me! Maybe it's because for some reason I'm not compulsed to use more and more of it in a day as I am with dope. Don't know. Not on my list of priorities to find out.

I used to (very recently) claim that if dope was legal I would prefer to be on dope maintenance (I take bupe self prescribed) as the cost would be minimial if legal but now I'm chaging my mind on that as well. Not sure what is going on with me and this bupe, or what will transpire over the coming weeks/months wiht me and bupe, dope, whatever.... but for now 4mg bupe and me are one big happy family!

Titus, you get as high off of your bupe dosage as you do on your heroin? How often do you take suboxone/subutex?

Anyway, I've switched to I.V buprenorphine for the time being-.25 mg/shot.
I find that bupe is recreational, but limited (this goes for those on maintenance). IMO Buprenorphine doesn't provide so much the euphoria that certain full agonists do, but it calms anxiety and lifts my mood, making me motivated. It's comparable to a low dose of dextroamphetamine combined with some alprazolam. The main opiate effects I get from it are the body high, slack knees, relaxed muscles in general, and occasionally even a nod.

What is the most recreational dose of bupe and a couple other questions.

I have a few questions about buprenorphine. I can get Subutex, not Suboxone but feel free to answer accordingly if it would be different with suboxone for others who might be interested
I've little experience with bupe so I'm hoping some long-term users can help me out.

The active metabolite of bupe called norpube is apparently more recreational than bupe itself. Problem is bupe saturates ya opiate receptors including the effects of norbupe at around 2mg.
So, Im wondering if it would be more recreational to take 1.5mg-2mg when the norbupe is still active or if it would be more recreational to take higher doses which are 2mg-32mg (the ceiling dose according to wikipedia)?
I've been told the side effects also increase with the dose so I suppose that has to be considered. Ive only really noticed minimal side effects from taking large doses of bupe though but if there is no little difference in effect from 16mg-32mg it would be better to take 16mg to reduce side effects.

If 2mg of bupe is more recreational than taking say 16mg of bupe than how long after taking your last dose of bupe would the saturation of ya opiate receptors reduce enough to get any euphoria from just 2mg?

I know the onset of sublingual use 1/2hr-1hr with peak lasting 1-4hrs but what about if u snort it?

Ive read varying opinions on the BA of sublingual vs snorting. some say it's 1/3 sublingual & 2/3 snorting. others say theres only a 20% increase in effect when snorting. Does anyone have any more accurate figures?

If anyone could answer any of these questions that would be appreciated.
this thread may belong in ADD Im not sure...

Last edited:
For someone with absolutely no opiate tolerance a great recreational dose would be .5mg. Any more you risk getting nausea and that is also a great dose to maintain because it will produce good results much longer than a dose like 4mg or 8mg.

Bupe is a weird drug.. it's almost like the higher the dose goes the more diminshed the effects become. If you are able to get high off 2mg, I doubt 16mg will get you noticeably higher. After all, bupe is a partial agonist, it has it's limits.

The major disadvantage of taking a massive dose like 16mg (truely pointless) is any 'magic' you may be feeling will be quickly fleeting never to return.

The only major increase in side effects you will nootice from monsterous doses like 16 or 32mg is constipation to the point where theres a 2 week old still not shat out. And the other thing is you are increasing your physical dependency on the drug by like 10-20x by boosting from 2mg to 32 i mean shit,

I was taking .4mg of bupe (thought it was 4mg) daily and not gettting 'high' but was feeling OK and was functioning very, very well combining that with about 1mg of klonopin/day. I was getting my bupe from a non traditional source and didn't have experience with suboxone/bupe through traditional channeles as I started taking suboxone getting it from non doctors so when I came across bupe in doses of .2mg I was confused and assumed that it was like suboxone which comes in 2mg and 8mg. Turns out that they sell it overseas in .2mg doses and this is what I acquired and was using.

Since figuring this out I've been using somewhat more but have never even used 1mg of bupe wheras I was taking 4mg of suboxone daily for cple of months along with the klonopin and doing good, suiting MY needs, but like I said was not trying to get high, was trying to self medicate to be functional and stop the high dose chipping of H I had been doing for the 2 yrs prior.