• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine as a recreational drug?

i snorted around 1-2mgs and now i feel definitely high/numb but i am feeling sick to my stomach.. maybe because i havent eaten in 5 hours? i am going to try to push some food down my throat right now, then imma smoke a bowl and lie on my bak

The first couple times I did bupe I did 1mg lines, and each time about an hour in my stomach felt like shit for 20 minutes or so, and it's a miracle I didn't puke. My friends did. After the 3rd time or so, that never happened again and the fun "high" stayed the same.

Suboxone is a very powerful opiod. It's active in the microgram range. My old gf who had a tolerance to opiods took a quarter of my sub one day and was sick to her stomach for an entire afternoon. I wouldn't redose anymore for awhile until you see how you feel. You might want to hold off on tbe bowl for awhile as well, MO.

i drank 2 tablespoons of baking soda and my stomach is nearly fine. still a little upset but atleast i can move around without having the feeling like im about to throw up

it got me high when i had barely any opioid tolerance but now that i do oxy again all it does is keep the w/ds at bay and helps a little with my back pain

i got pretty high last night off of 1mg. i am somewhat tolerant to opiates taking around 30-60mgs oxycodone or 5-7.5mgs oxymorphone to get high

There is a massive difference. I've used at least 8 types of anti-depressants and am 6 days clean from a long bupe habit. Even the absolute worst of the anti-deps to get off (pristiq) does not even begin to compare to what I'm doing now. So reason no. 1 anti-depressant withdrawal is peanuts compared to opiate withdrawal.

Reason no. 2 is that the whole mentality is different. Opiates induce pleasure immediately. Anti-deps take 2-4weeks to even begin to work and are not exactly 'pleasurable'. So the attachment that a person feels towards opiates is just not present in the same way with anti-deps. There's no 'addiction', even if there is 'dependence', and a person is not likely to be doing outlandish or offensive things in his efforts to procure some prozac.

S

The thing with buprenorphine is it possesses such a profile of action that it partly matches "the perfect opioid antidepressant". If a psychiatrist thinks by counteracting low serotonin/noradrenaline levels, he/she cures a patient, this is a complete misunderstanding. Low neurotransmitters levels is a manifestation of depression but blocking their reuptakes is covering the true problem at best if such an (S)(N)(D)RI does really help... Also, blocking some of 5-HT receptors in anxiety disorder is a temporary solution as well.

Buprenorphine does have antidepressant properties. Being a MOR partial agonist, it causes both dopamine and serotonin to be released. Now, how is that different from making levels of these neurotransmitters higher by blocking DAT or SERT? It's also a KOR antagonist and it's backed up by many studies that KOR antagonism diminishes depression. Also, it doesn't mess up that much with DOR so tolerance doesn't rise as fast as it's seen with MOR full agonists being the most addictive.

It's a good start and we still don't know much about epsilon receptor and ORL1 receptor. Opioids in research being KOR antagonists and/or DOR partial agonists don't seem to be seen in any trials anytime soon so buprenorphine is the closest we can come about right now concerning opioid antidepressants. And I really hope there's a chance of fighting depression and anxiety via opioid systems without making a patient addicted. Nonetheless, SSRIs, SNRIs etc. do make people physically addicted to them. I remember when I was getting off paroxetine. Mentally, I had enough so I "sacrificed" myself and shortened a 2-month taper-down to 3 weeks and I experienced a lot of unpleasant effects both psychologically and physically.

If anyone is reading this, heres my deal; I'm not addicted to codeine.vics or oxys. I do them about 2 days a month. 3 hours ago I took 60 mg of codeine. Could I take 3 mg of suboxone right now?

no then you will get sick, please dont do this!

you have to wait till you have no more opiates in you before taking subs

I personally love bupe, more so than probably any of the opiates/opioids I've tried (tramadol, heroin, oxycodone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, codeine), even with a moderate opiate tolerance from oxy (60-120mgs a day). It may not be as euphoric as full agonists, but it is very close and has all extra benifits that imo go beyond the full agonists. I can function normally even if I was close to nodding in a chair if need be, allowing me to do school work or go to work. I don't get cranky in social situations. It has an amazing anti-depressant effect that last days after a single use, and the duration for the high is outstanding, producing a lot less psychological drive to do more opiates. Granted I am weird and even found tramadol to be as euphoric as heroin with lower opioid/opiate tolerance. I have been using opioids for 8 years so I'm not just some inexperienced noob who experiences beautiful highs from opioids like tramadol and bupe.

You make no sense, whatsoever...

There is a massive difference. I've used at least 8 types of anti-depressants and am 6 days clean from a long bupe habit. Even the absolute worst of the anti-deps to get off (pristiq) does not even begin to compare to what I'm doing now. So reason no. 1 anti-depressant withdrawal is peanuts compared to opiate withdrawal.

Reason no. 2 is that the whole mentality is different. Opiates induce pleasure immediately. Anti-deps take 2-4weeks to even begin to work and are not exactly 'pleasurable'. So the attachment that a person feels towards opiates is just not present in the same way with anti-deps. There's no 'addiction', even if there is 'dependence', and a person is not likely to be doing outlandish or offensive things in his efforts to procure some prozac.

S
That makes no sense, whatsoever...

I personally love bupe, more so than probably any of the opiates/opioids I've tried (tramadol, heroin, oxycodone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, codeine), even with a moderate opiate tolerance from oxy (60-120mgs a day). It may not be as euphoric as full agonists, but it is very close and has all extra benifits that imo go beyond the full agonists. I can function normally even if I was close to nodding in a chair if need be, allowing me to do school work or go to work. I don't get cranky in social situations. It has an amazing anti-depressant effect that last days after a single use, and the duration for the high is outstanding, producing a lot less psychological drive to do more opiates. Granted I am weird and even found tramadol to be as euphoric as heroin with lower opioid/opiate tolerance. I have been using opioids for 8 years so I'm not just some inexperienced noob who experiences beautiful highs from opioids like tramadol and bupe.

you should try methadone, it also has an insane duration but it is stronger than bupe and everyone i have asked thinks methadone is way nicer than bupe.

I take bupe just to feel normal. The first time I did it, it floored me for hours (It was the first time in my heroin abuse years that I couldn't score)-someone gave me a bit and it was amazing. But that was the ONLY time i ever felt anything from it. I sniff it now to keep the rattle at bay. It does what it is meant to do, and as someone said above-it is perfect for tapering with. Also whoever said 'it loses it's magic quickly'.. spot on.

Last night i tried some for the first time.
I usually take around 30-60 mg oxy to get high and i dont do it more then once a week.
I received the 8mg orange suboxone. I took 4mgs in small .5-1mg doses every hour n half for like 5 hours. (THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR A FIRST TIME, DONT REPEAT!)
During the night it felt a lot like a moderate dose of tramadol. Yet when i woke up this morning i felt nauseous. Still now 6 hours later i'm still queasy but slowly getting better. My pupils are still pinheads.

How much longer can this queasiness last? its been 12 hours since my last dose.
Also my friend told me that if i wait till tomorrow and take 2mgs, I will get a better high off it. Anyone can comment on that?

The queasiness will last probably another 12 hours at most since you just took a total of a half a pill. Even though Ive seen it last longer. One time I gave a girl 7 subs and told her not to do more than a quarter of one especially if she snorted it. She called me the next day crying saying "how do i make it go awayyy??" I said well how much did you take? She said "I snorted 2 of them". I mean damn talk about not listening. I think she felt normal about 48 hours later.

You prob wont get sick tommorow if you take the 2 mg so you will be better in that area. But usually the first time you do bupe without a tolerance is the best. Cause it stays in your system for a bit. I would say if you took that 2 mg a week from now though it would be better all around. Its kinda like taking an ecstacy pill. The high is amazing but if you take another one the next night its not as good as the first.

Oh yeah and you def wont get high from bupe if you have a bad opiate habit. It will just make you feel normal.

Thanks for the quick reply SUBSHOOT!! I think I'm a wait for another time to take this, I rather have some oxy lol. But dosing this pill is so hard when most of the pieces break up unevenly and turn into powder.
Could eye take oxy tonight or would that be too soon?

Thanks for the quick reply SUBSHOOT!! I think I'm a wait for another time to take this, I rather have some oxy lol. But dosing this pill is so hard when most of the pieces break up unevenly and turn into powder.
Could eye take oxy tonight or would that be too soon?

You probably wont feel the full effects of an oxy but probably more like 75% of it at the most. I would wait till tommorow night to take it and that should definitely be long enough since you havent been dosing on boxone u just took it once