BULBERATOR QUESTIONS ANSWERED.

^^^^^
Yeah we usually stop of at a particular 24 hour convienince store and pick up a few boxes. It's got to the stage that as soon as they see us coming they start reaching under the counter for them.

Hi all,
Just went down to local hardware and got parts for a bulberator, have put it together.
Could someone please tell me how many bulbs would consist of a good hit.
thaks

It's not really a matter of how many bulbs. Well, for me, i can only hold a little less than one bulb in my lungs at any one time. But i'll usually have 2 cracked into a balloon to begin with. It depends what you want out of nitrous. If you want the anaestetic effects, and to have a good time, you only need to have a few at a time...But if you want to harness the true (and scary) power of nitrous, it's good to have a large number pre-cracked, or have someone else crack them for you, and then just go for your life, and see how deep you can go.
But in answer to your question, 1 will do :)

But don't forget to take a few quick breaths between hits. About the only danger is the lack of oxygen and since you can't feel your lungs burning then you may go without oxygen for quite sometime.
I personally
Hyperventilate
Hit
Hold
Hyperventilate once I can feel it taking hold.
Hit
Hold
Hyperventilate once it starts to feel really good.
Hit
Hold
And usually by about now I would be floating in my own brain juice as the colours and patterns swirl by.

Hyperventilate
Hit
Hold
Shallow breathes through the nose
Hit
Shallow breathes through the nose
Breath out
Deep Breath
Breath out
Hit
Hold
Fall over :D

And make sure you are lying/sitting down. My friend has face planted it several times because he always tries to stand up. Damn fool.
And if you are like me and have big enough lungs for a nang and a bit you can take the whole nang in plus top it up with a little air. And the other tip is to pinch your nose if your a newbie, especially if your using a ISI type dispensor. Often once your lungs fill and you try to push more in all that will happen is that it will come out of your nose wasting precious nitrous. And for that you lose all nang rights.

Question about where the bent nail go's into the brass elbow.
Has anyone tried to bore a small pilot hole and then put a screw in it, to use this as the cracking pin instead of a nail?

I think you will find with most screws you will find they are too soft and will quickly wear out. However if you get your hands on a high carbon screw or better yet heat treat the tip of you screw then you should be fine.

Has anyone ever tried just using the screw off top section of an isi cream dispenser as their cracker, and instead of using the metal tank that comes with it, just taping a plastic bag or something to it to hold the gas? I reckon that the top on its own would be small enough to carry around in a pocket.
Might have to try it when I get some bulbs next...

Just bought a new bulbalator, and christend it this weekend :)
It's an ISI Soda Syphon, its jet black, holds 1L of stuff and has a very nice button to let the nos out.
Cost me around sixty bucks, from all good kitchenware retailers.. definatly worth the buy.. :)
Hooray for this thread... :)

Isn't it true that the soda syphons are weak when it comes to nitrous? You have to be careful not to load too many in or you'll blow the seals right?

Another question about metals....
I'musinga galvanisednail in mine,what is stronger than that? Because the nail seems to be getting a little deformed :\

Yeah the soda syphons are for the newbies. The proper cream chargers are designed to hold the max pressure of a charge. You cna actually load up to 4 into the standard 1 litre dispensor. But by the 4th charge there is actually liquid nang swooshing around inside if it.
As to what to use instead of a gal nail? Hmm tough one considering you don't have access to a lathe or metal working workshop. But can I suggest you buy yourself a cheap second hand soda machine and remove the sharp bit out of that and somehow mount it into you machine. That would be by far the best.

Nitrous is cancerogenic, it can cause mouth, throat and stomach cancer.
Sorry if this has been posted b4, I am half asleep and could'nt read the whole 5 pages or so LOL

^ Where'd you come by that information?
According to the MSDS (Materal Safety Data Sheet) that I have access to:
PRODUCT NAME: Nitrous Oxide
CHEMICAL NAME: Nitrous Oxide FORMULA: N2O
APPEARANCE, ODOR AND STATE: Colorless gas with slightly sweet odor and taste.
CARCINOGENICITY: Nitrous oxide is not listed as a carcinogen or potential carcinogen by NTP, IARC, or OSHA.
BigTrancer :)

From a theatre nurse, she may have only been trying to scare me from not bulbing though, I could'nt find any evidence to back it up online either, perhaps she was referring to the foodgrade stuff as opposed to the medical stuff? I shall ask her for more details when I see her next.

Originally posted by sinewriter:
From a theatre nurse, she may have only been trying to scare me from not bulbing though, I could'nt find any evidence to back it up online either, perhaps she was referring to the foodgrade stuff as opposed to the medical stuff? I shall ask her for more details when I see her next.
but no2 is no2 be it used for food preparation or for medical purposes. why would they put something thats cancerous in a product used to prepare food. i think your friend might be having u on?

Last edited by a moderator:
dunno, I'll ask her tonight if I see her
I suspect that she may have been pulling my leg as she was always worried about me bulbing