BULBERATOR QUESTIONS ANSWERED.

Noc_Turnal

Bluelighter
After reading with interest the thread a few posts below regarding the bulberator, the number of people interested in making their own, and the number of questions C_N is trying to answer, I felt inclined to say a few words myself, being the one who actually designed and made the thing. C_N and myself, like many of you, started out our bulb experiences with the hammer, nail and balloon. BAD IDEA! Not only do you lose most of your gas before you can jam the balloon on, the chance of freezing half your face off as you pierce the hole too much with the nail is very real, and very painful!!

A few people have commented that the device is an impressive piece of engineering, which is not far from the truth. I am actually studying to be an engineer, so any misconceptions that anyone can just knock together one are a bit far-fetched. I don't want to stop anyone from trying - on the contrary - it's just that some of the tools and principles I used wouldn't be things that not everyone has access or expertise in using. I originally planned to make just a cracker, and do single hits into a balloon which could then be sucked back by the person wanting the hit. But as I stood in front of all the gas fittings and valves and T pieces, I thought "Why not make the ultimate bulberator, that you can charge up with 10 or so hits, and then sit back and have hit after hit after hit without having to come out of bulb world just to crack another bulb?" And so the bulberator was born.

The "dodgy drawing" drawn by C_N does indicate quite accurately the mechanics of piercing the bulb with the nail inside the 90 degree bend, and a few people have said "how do I know how far the nail should go into the L-bend?" Again, this was something I thought about carefully. I won't go into great detail examining every little aspect of the whole design because you probably arn't that interested and I really don't want to write anymore than I have too, but to illustrate the point, I'll examine the "nail" problem to illustrate that it's not the simplest thing to make!

The bulb slides into the 90 degree bend (I think C_N calls it an L-bend)in a perfectly sized sleeve which you buy at hardware house. The fact that it is perfectly sized is important, but the sleeve is readily availale and it's almost uncanny how well it suits the bulberator. The sleeve is threaded at both ends. One end screws into the 90 degree bend, the other end takes the cap. The cap is a essentially like a three centimeter high nut in that it's threaded on the inside, but one end is closed over (its a cap!). This cap screws onto the end of the sleeve, and by "screwing it on" you get enough force to pierce the bulb. The cap basically clamps the bulb against the nail, and if you screw it a bit more, the nail pierces the bulb and hey presto, nitrous!

The threaded cap is sufficiently big enough to screw onto the cap about 15 full turns. When I put the nail into place, I drilled the hole with a milling machine (something most don't have) and slid the nail to about where I thought it should go. I then put in a bulb, and screwed on the cap all the way on, which pushed the nail up a bit to make from for the bulb. I then backed the cap off about three full turns, and tapped the nail back down inside the sleeve till it just touched the top of the bulb. This is where the nail has to go. Why? When you screw on the cap, you want the maximum amount of cap to be screwed onto the sleeve to make a really good seal between the sleeve and the cap so no gas escapes (none does!) but also, you don't want to be pysically able to screw the cap on much more than is required to pierce the bulb, because the nail might get jammed inside the bulb if you screw it in too far.

With the nail in the right spot, it was glued in place with super glue, allowed to cure, and then hammered over flat against the 90 degree bend (as shown in C_N's super drawing!) and then wrapped up with string, which is sealed with more super glue. The nail needs to be sealed AND held in place. Only such strong bindings will hold the nail in place. Originally it was just glued in place, but after cracking a few bulbs, it came loose. The string has lasted the past 8 months!

A few others want to know if the bulberator gets cold. It does. After a session of about 50 bulbs, the whole 90 degree bend is frozen over. If you didn't have anything to hold onto, you'd freeze your hand off. Our bulberator has a valve to stop nitrous from getting out of the balloon as you reload another bulb. You'll notice it has a plastic coated handle that doesn't get cold. We hold onto that when we're cracking bulbs so our hands don't freeze. Again, little things which are important! At Kryal we put 250 bulbs through this thing, and while the whole bulberator was frozen over, we could still keep cracking the bulbs without losing skin.

So in conclusion (damn this sounds like a report for uni), the bulberator is something which you can make yourself if you have the right tools, but as already stated by someone, the thing isn't foolproof. It's quite easy to forget to open the valve before cracking the bulb (especially if you're in bulb world), and the chance of freezing half your face off by incorrectly using the bulberator is very real, and very painful!!

Good bulbing.

PS. Any more questions, reply below and I'll be happy to answer. We (C_N and I) will probably be at Sunny with the bulberator so anyone who missed it can check it out then.
Later.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey noc, that means sunny will have the worlds largest bulbenator, AND the blue volvo of love, AND pajamas.. this is going to be interesting..
------------------
---------
dv8

oh my god...more than 2 weeks away and i'm already fuckin excited
wink.gif
damn this uni work...why can't i sleep solidly until the 23rd!?!?!? (would i have some massive fuckin dopamine/serotonin buildup if i did that....hmmmmm(insert evil look on rbb's face)
this is gunnna bee phunnnnnnnnnnnnn
wink.gif

------------------
...got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...
------------------

wink.gif

Pluggerator = same device... place pills in top of 90 deg bend, put bulb in bottom, substitute rectum for balloon, and then screw on the cap.
Boom --> pills plugged with the force of Hercules on nitrous, and your bum freezes shut so they don't fall out.
BigTrancer
wink.gif

PS: Do I even need a disclaimer?
------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Actually Noc, just a litle correction.. YEs if you forget to turn the valve on our machine when you crack it, it will Squirt cold nitrous out around the caps edges.. But after doing this many times, i have found that it never freezes your hands, perhaps the angle its coming out, or maby the time its had to expand has warmed it up.. BUt seemingly, we have done various times, and never had a bad injury... Anyway, this probaem has now been solved with the ditching of the "turn valve" and its replacment with the one way valve. Its now infalable. (refer to post and diagram on other thread for a newly made "bulbing system")
[This message has been edited by ChEmIcaL_NiGhT (edited 07 June 2001).]

ROFLMGDAO at BT ... heheheh nos one bruv!
And I havta agree with Sarsy... The bulberator 2001 extraordinaire, PJs, the BVOL, and a couple of brissy visitors... Ooooo soooo can't wait!
Nice work Noc ... Ctrl+D
wink.gif

------------------
If you're a cowboy and you're dragging a guy behind your horse, I bet it would really make you mad if you looked back and the guy was reading a magazine.

do we really need two threads open stating exactly the same thing?
Perhaps take the diagrams and all relevant information from the other thread and post them here, and I can close the other one?

We'll seems NoC has stollen all my glory from the other thread (44posts).. You can close the other thread... here is all the good info from it....
----------------------------------------
Well here goes, my first attempt at using UBB code. FOr all those at the blue volvo at kryal. You will remember this masterpiece. I finally got around to scanning a picture for everyone else.
So you ask, what crazy machine could possibly wreak the carnage on bulbs shown below.
bulb2.jpg

So behold.... The real reason bulbs were invented.... :)
bulb1.jpg

Shown above, the bulberator, with the optional "double ballon attachment", complete tohold 20 bulbs at a time. Then simply dish the *hits* out through the second valve and the tube. mmmmmmmmmmm. Bulbs.
All parts avaliable from ur local hardware store. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
continuing....
Ok here it is.. the easy $5 bulberator, not as good as this beast, but once you have this part (which is a major part of the big machine), you can simply screw on extra's to your hearts content...
Hope you can understand the dodgy diagram
bulbdiagram.gif

Anyway, so this as you can see from the picky, can work buy iteself or with the extra addons, like the two valves (they just screw on).... have fun.. and remember.. safe bulbing :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
And finally......
ATTENTION ATTENTION, all filthy nang whores... THE Bulberator has been *MAJORLY* modified.. Its now a complete bulbing system. Pictures will be coming soon but in the mean time.
A quick description..
The first vavle has been replaced by a one way valve. SO theres no turning big arse valves anymore, just wack em in and pull em out. NOw we also made a second "cracker" and have tubed both of the things (with one way valves) to a "nang base staion"... the nang base station has four entries. 2 for the crackers to run into.. One for the 3 foot balloon to connect to, and one for the new "dish out tube (that has its own little plastic valve for self dishing)
see diagram (waiting for photo)
newbulber.gif

Now we have the capacity to use 2 crackers at one time to fill a single HUGE ballon, so basically with 5 people sucking out of it, you can still keep up (plus it will hold about 30 bulbs to start). The one way valves are a LOT better :)less chance to stuff up when your out of it!
Orbitus - Bulbs can be obtained from most supermarkets, and or kitchen stores. (make sure u get the whip cream bulbs not the soda bulbs). They cost between 4-6 dollars for a pack of ten.
From the makers of the "Mini-Cracker tm"
Noc And Chem, the leaders in bulbing and nang innovation.
[This message has been edited by ChEmIcaL_NiGhT (edited 07 June 2001).]

Dead Links

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, will have a look next time I'm there. Sounds like cheap fun! (as you can tell, I've never done bulbs b4)
------------------
Formerly known as Chet

Maybe we should contact the Guiness book of records for most bulbs consumed in one sitting or... most motherfucking scary looking bulberator, theres gotta be a section in there somewhere you can win with this thing
smile.gif

BT YOU BASTARD!
/me waits for arse to defrost...
wink.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif

I definately think your right there Nickstar, Gusiness should be called for this momentus occasion. (sunny - where the true might off the machine will be revealed in a group bulbing session). Dont ya just love 3 foot weather balloons.. they hold SOOOOO many bulbs
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by ChEmIcaL_NiGhT (edited 08 June 2001).]

Hey C_N. We should have waited till Sunny to unveil the new Bulberator. Although I must say, I couldn't help but laugh at your highly detailed drawing and enthusiastic description. You've got me pumped up now damn it. Where's that K bomb gone?!?
Maybe we can still salvage something by getting the attaché case done!!
And Sarsen, I hope you're saving room for me in the back of your blue volvo. I can't wait to be sitting in the back, in my PJ's, sucking back bulbs from the new and improved Nagerator! Seeya at Sunny. We'll bring the bulberator, you bring the Volvo!

Man, Noc!! That thing's pretty impressive!! Me and my crew love our nangs, and have recently converted one "E puritan" into a little nang whore!! It's our second conversion this year!! The first thing he said to us afterwards was "I'll never call you guys deros again.."

It's a shame not all of us have access to a tank. We had to be resourceful and come up with our own kind of a "tank". Sure, the tank is ultra convenient, a lot cheaper in the long run, and gives you 24-7 access to nitrous without having to whip down to the local supermaket with your fingers crossed, hoping all the local nang whores haven't sucked back the all the supplies of bulbs, but the bulberator does a pretty good job for the times you want to suck back a few boxes of bulbs at a rave (ah, the memories of Kryal), or to wind down with friends after a hard week.
Insecurity: I know what you mean when you say that your friends say "Man, I'll never call you a derro again!" At first people say "You derro, breathing in gas!" Then you explain it's laughing gas like they use at a dentist (although admittedly not from a a cobbled collection of copper gas fittings and PVC pipe from Bunnings Warehouse) and that's its relatively safe so they have a hit, and then you can't stop them. They end up sucking back all your bulbs. And you let them because you're so nanged out you don't really care. Many of our friends have labelled us "Derro" only to be converted to so called "nang whores" after having a hit. We love nitrous, but it's always best just as you're starting to peak on your E. Ah, the the memories of Kryal!
Good bulbing!

Why is it suggested that you use cream bulbs and not soda bulbs??
------------------
Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought an idiot than to open it and forever remove all doubt

Soda bulbs=death, cream bulbs=Fun...
You see Soda bulbs have Carbon Dioxide in them (to put bubles in carbonated drinks), while whip cream bulbs aka "whippits" have Nitrous Oxide in them... (Laughing gas.)