• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants BRAIN RECOVERY FROM METH AND ADDERALL HELP

No, serotonergic damage leads to mostly schizophrenia. I have drug induced schizophrenia, but not from dxm.

I'm not saying that's what happened to you either... Unlikely...

Nobody here can really tell you what's going on other than it's most likely not drug related.

Talk to your shrink. Live heathy, and check back in a few months later.
What caused you to have drug induced schizophrenia ? I’m sorry for bothering you but I’m very worried now? Will getting sunlight reverse this damage? And can ssris also caused schizophrenia then?

What caused you to have drug induced schizophrenia ? I’m sorry for bothering you but I’m very worried now? Will getting sunlight reverse this damage? And can ssris also caused schizophrenia then?
I took more psychedelics than you will ever see in your life time and didn't sleep for 5 months.

Trust me, you don't have my condition. You do not have schizophrenia. You wouldn't be asking me if you did.

I took more psychedelics than you will ever see in your life time and didn't sleep for 5 months.

Trust me, you don't have my condition. You do not have schizophrenia. You wouldn't be asking me if you did.
Ah I see. I likely do have bipolar tho which I feel is substance related. I’m real my trying to heal at this point being 18, I feel like I can’t live my life and I want to fix it so bad. Did your schizophrenia go away or did it just stick around after a certain point?

I’ve always heard that meth ruins a brain permanently tho. I learned about cerebrolysin from a YouTuber LEO AND LONGEVITY. And he talked about how it can increase neurogenesis a lot and repair amohetamine neurotoxicity
Yeah I’m also curious about why cerebrolysin is no good? I was gonna order some myself. So it’s no good for methamphetamine recovery? Has anyone else had experience with this?

Ah I see. I likely do have bipolar tho which I feel is substance related. I’m real my trying to heal at this point being 18, I feel like I can’t live my life and I want to fix it so bad. Did your schizophrenia go away or did it just stick around after a certain point?
yes, I made a strong recovery from drug induced schizophrenia with a sober lifestyle, but will live with a few minor symptoms forever

I also have bipolar

but I'm trying to tell you to stop thinking it's drug related, assume it's natural illness, and get treated for it

don't start jumping to conclusions as this will only stress you out, give you false ideas and anxiety

yes, I made a strong recovery from drug induced schizophrenia with a sober lifestyle, but will live with a few minor symptoms forever

I also have bipolar

but I'm trying to tell you to stop thinking it's drug related, assume it's natural illness, and get treated for it

don't start jumping to conclusions as this will only stress you out, give you false ideas and anxiety
I see, I will try doing that, might look into taking a mood stabilizer too, but as more time goes by sober, I have less mood swings. Did your bipolar also go away?

I see, I will try doing that, might look into taking a mood stabilizer too, but as more time goes by sober, I have less mood swings. Did your bipolar also go away?
I was diagnosed BP but don't take meds for it, I don't have major mood swings.. long story

I mean honestly man you're still so young that I question if you're even calculating your symptoms correctly

I am not trying to downplay your symptoms or say you aren't bipolar, not at all, I'm just saying you're at a such young age that it's difficult to really diagnose anything...

Get sober, eat healthy, exercise, have therapy... see where you are in a few years

your brain is not even half done developing, you will likely feel a lot different in 7 years from now

just stop thinking it's doomsday or you have permanent damage, you're still a baby man, your brain has 7 more years before it even begins to be completely developed

I was diagnosed BP but don't take meds for it, I don't have major mood swings.. long story

I mean honestly man you're still so young that I question if you're even calculating your symptoms correctly

I am not trying to downplay your symptoms or say you aren't bipolar, not at all, I'm just saying you're at a such young age that it's difficult to really diagnose anything...

Get sober, eat healthy, exercise, have therapy... see where you are in a few years

your brain is not even half done developing, you will likely feel a lot different in 7 years from now

just stop thinking it's doomsday or you have permanent damage, you're still a baby man, your brain has 7 more years before it even begins to be completely developed
Yeah I’m gonna do all this for sure, they tried to say I was bipolar at 16/17 but I know it was the Dxm, they tried to prescribe these horrible antipsychotics too but I would never take them. Just a lot of past dwelling is what I go through.

Yeah I’m gonna do all this for sure, they tried to say I was bipolar at 16/17 but I know it was the Dxm, they tried to prescribe these horrible antipsychotics too but I would never take them. Just a lot of past dwelling is what I go through.
I was diagnosed all sorts of shit from 13-18... the main problem with adolescent psychiatrty is the patient has a hard time truly defining their symptoms

I was fed all sorts of drugs.. nothing helped

it wasn't until I was well into my 20s that I could truly identify my symptoms and receive proper treatment

most young psychiatry is just bullshit throwing drugs on the problem

if you abused DXM a lot and they are giving you SSRIs this is a major malfunction... either they dont know about your use or they don't understand it

but again man, I'm just some drug nerd, not a doctor... my opinion is my own based on my own 20 years of casual research

other than be sober and healthy there is no other advice I can provide here at your age

at 18 my brain could recover from anything... not the same 15 years later right?

I was diagnosed all sorts of shit from 13-18... the main problem with adolescent psychiatrty is the patient has a hard time truly defining their symptoms

I was fed all sorts of drugs.. nothing helped

it wasn't until I was well into my 20s that I could truly identify my symptoms and receive proper treatment

most young psychiatry is just bullshit throwing drugs on the problem

if you abused DXM a lot and they are giving you SSRIs this is a major malfunction... either they dont know about your use or they don't understand it

but again man, I'm just some drug nerd, not a doctor... my opinion is my own based on my own 20 years of casual research

other than be sober and healthy there is no other advice I can provide here at your age
Believe it or not my mania first started at 16 when I had been doing Dxm weekly for about like 6 months and they put me on prozac. Within 3 days my life went to shit

Believe it or not my mania first started at 16 when I had been doing Dxm weekly for about like 6 months and they put me on prozac. Within 3 days my life went to shit
yeah... I believe it

the fucking last drug they should have put you on was an SSRI

at large, continual doses DXM becomes serotonergic in nature, too much serotonin

if anything, the prozac may have made your condition worse... also gives you serotonin

the weird part is, many on this forum understand this correlation more than doctors....

adolescent DXM use is typically not part of their curriculum, they have no idea...

you either didn't tell them enough or they don't understand in general

typically, in my experience at that age, you don't tell them enough, and you might not even know what to tell them...

did you honestly tell your doctor you abused DXM for 2 years?? I'm curious, I assume no.

yeah... I believe it

at large, continual doses DXM becomes serotonergic in nature, too much serotonin

if anything, the prozac may have made your condition worse... also gives you serotonin

the weird part is, many on this forum understand this correlation more than doctors....

adolescent DXM use is typically not part of their curriculum, they have no idea...

typically, in my experience at that age, you don't tell them enough, and you might not even know what to tell them...

did you honestly tell your doctor you abused DXM for 2 years?? I'm curious, I assume no.
I did not, ever since then I haven’t been completely normal tho, the meth use just made it worse.

yeah... I believe it

I was only on the Prozac for 3-4 days tho, then I discontinued it but the damage was done.

the meth use just made it worse.
yeah, drugs do that

hell most meth in the US is hardly even meth anymore

I was only on the Prozac for 3-4 days tho, then I discontinued it but the damage was done.
you had side effects within 4 days? that means you likely have something going on already, DXM would do that...

what you need is sobriety and stop taking serotonergic drugs, IMO that includes DXM and prozac and meth

you are at an age where your brain can heal from any potential damage you've maybe caused... as long as you stay sober

yeah, drugs do that

hell most meth in the US is hardly even meth anymore

you had side effects within 4 days? that means you likely have something going on already, DXM would do that...
Do you really think I can undo this damage? I already feel so unhealthy mentally I just want to fix this. Feels like I’m going insane

Do you really think I can undo this damage? I already feel so unhealthy mentally I just want to fix this. Feels like I’m going insane
stop taking drugs, just stop, if you truly want to prevent further

Yes, this is reversible at your age

stop doing drugs and go to a lot of psychiatrists, be completely honest with them, maybe they put you on antipsychotics, idk

follow their opinion even if you don't like it

that's your best chance at avoiding insanity like me, which you don't want trust me on that

stop taking drugs, just stop, if you truly want to prevent further

Yes, this is reversible at your age

stop doing drugs and go to a lot of psychiatrists, be completely honest with them, maybe they put you on antipsychotics, idk

follow their opinion even if you don't like it

that's your best chance at avoiding insanity like me, which you don't want trust me on that
So I should take the antipsychotics? I was worried about the brain damage they cause and sexual/metabolic side effects. Come to think of it after doing lsd 2 times at 15 my mania started to appear as well

So I should take the antipsychotics? I was worried about the brain damage they cause and sexual/metabolic side effects. Come to think of it after doing lsd 2 times at 15 my mania started to appear as well
all I'm saying is you should be completely open and honest with your doctors

if they offer antipsychotics, yes, you should take them

if you are truly worried about permanent damage from the recreation drugs you've done - then you should NOT be scared to take any prescribed drugs from a shrink

yes, they can have side effects... but thats better than ending up crazy like me... trust me on that

if you are truly worried about permanent damage from the recreation drugs you've done - then you should NOT be scared to take any prescribed drugs from a shrink
But wait, didn't y'all sort of acknowledge already in this thread that this isn't necessarily the case with the fact that doctors are often unaware of the link between DXM's serotonergic activity and the risk of prescribed SSRIs? IME I've never met a doctor who knows even half as much as I have and I've got less than what you've got - just over a decade of casual research. Coming close to 20 years though.... damn. The only doc I've had who I can actually have a conversation with and possibly learn something from is the doctor I met at the O.P.S. safe injection site yesterday who specializes in prescribing opioids for maintenance to prevent fentanyl ODs.

But a regular doc or shrink? Lol no. Although to be fair I haven't had a ton of different doctors. I just haven't really found anyone I've spoken to in the medical industry to be that knowledgable about the minutiae of substance use.

@Fornax55 I agree, but that's not really what I was talking about.

I'm referring specifically about people with certain mental illnesses who are resistant to all psychiatry for one reason or another, usually a complete distrust of doctors,
thus a worsening of their condition because they refuse to take medication and end up using drugs to self medicate. It's almost always the wrong decision. Especially a young guy like OP.

We do typically know more than doctors about drugs, however if one took the time to explain DXM's potential serotonin damage (which is well documented, doc could look it up), then best treatment could be determined.