Brag about an upcoming or past show ver HUH? What? Sorry my ears are still ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the best time at this last year. My friend and I got drunk and waited out the rainstorm, but we're out grilling in it, anyway. Ha. And, then we went and played in the mud. And saw this loser that I fucking dated. This town is shrinking.

Friday is still to be announced?

tumblr_nl09s5mt3J1qmzvawo1_1280.jpg

Shaky Knees next month, and I bought a late night ticket for Best Coast (new stuff is really good). One of the renal docs from the hospital and I decided to buy tickets. He's in his 60s. Ha.

And, and damn! Courtney Barnett in June! Really excited about this. I fucking love her cover of The Lemonheads' Bein Around. I really dig her, but that cover is adorable.

I had the best time at this last year. My friend and I got drunk and waited out the rainstorm, but we're out grilling in it, anyway. Ha. And, then we went and played in the mud. And saw this loser that I fucking dated. This town is shrinking.

this town ain't that big to begin with

IT'S SLEATER KINNEY DAY

and soon its SLEEP

best show ever

I've been waiting for that since I was 19.

EB38FCC3-E766-4ABF-A6AB-C8989070386F_zpsqdk03puh.jpg

Corin has always sounded like a goddamned banshee and I love it. Carrie sounds smoother and heavier. Janet killed it, too. And then to watch two women in their forties roll around on stage and jump around?! And to see them all smiling at each other? They seem so happy to be playing again.

Easily my favorite show, ever. <3

JANET WEISS IS A WOMAN AND A GOD.

I've always thought I didn't have a favorite but it's hands down JANET WEISS. That woman just fucking MURDERED. I didn't even look at Carrie or Corin once One More Hour was over, it was all Janet all night. I was hypnotized. My best friend is a drummer so I blame him for shifting my focus from where it traditionally lives (bassists make me weak) to drums. But jesus christ Janet Weiss! oh yeah, she's also FIFTY FUCKING YEARS OLD?~! like yeah ok Carrie talk about being 40, THE GOD BEHIND THE DRUM SET IS 50.

I fucking started crying during One More Hour. who hasn't broken up with a girl and put that song on a mixtape? I have. I was shocked that they would still play that song, shocked that they touched each other, looked happy. While I was a fucking sobbing mess.

They played all my songs. One More Hour, Words & Guitar, All Hands on the Bad One, What's Mine Is Yours, The Fox, Modern Girl - shit so much from The Woods....fuck. I was fucked up. I can't believe I saw Sleater Kinney. It's so random, I never even really thought I was a huge fan of theirs. Well that's obviously a fucking lie.

Chick rock is funny.

I have a massive New Orleans weekend ahead of me. I'm scared to death. The Meter Men is what I'm most looking forward to. Dat George Porter.

Will also be my first time back at the Saenger since the renovations.

Pray to your god for me

Janet's the one with the Ludwig kit in maple finish and the perfect bangs

i can't believe i spent 20 minutes looking up the specs of her kit

obsession is real

Going to see whoever is left in Bone play east 1999 in cinci tom night

best show ever

I've been waiting for that since I was 19.

EB38FCC3-E766-4ABF-A6AB-C8989070386F_zpsqdk03puh.jpg

Corin has always sounded like a goddamned banshee and I love it. Carrie sounds smoother and heavier. Janet killed it, too. And then to watch two women in their forties roll around on stage and jump around?! And to see them all smiling at each other? They seem so happy to be playing again.

Easily my favorite show, ever. <3

So they're like The Dixie Chicks or something?

This week:

Action Bronson
Wolf Alice
Kingsley Flood
Joe Pug
Blockhead

Anyone else blow their load leading up to a show and just stop listening to them for awhile afterwards?

I think this applies more for smaller shows, newer things that you just heard about to check out. And it definitely applies to sold out shows when you practically tried to blow someone on CL for an extra ticket and still couldn't get an extra ticket. Totally holding a grudge.

And, I missed a show on Monday that I kinda really wanted to see. But, working and being sick? Sorry, Robert Ellis.

SLEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP

in like two days

can't come down won't come down

Anyone else blow their load leading up to a show and just stop listening to them for awhile afterwards?

I think this applies more for smaller shows, newer things that you just heard about to check out. And it definitely applies to sold out shows when you practically tried to blow someone on CL for an extra ticket and still couldn't get an extra ticket. Totally holding a grudge.

And, I missed a show on Monday that I kinda really wanted to see. But, working and being sick? Sorry, Robert Ellis.

This usually happens with artists for me. Run the Jewels and Action Bronson being the recent exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.