Brag about an upcoming or past show ver HUH? What? Sorry my ears are still ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuuuck i live near the greatest bar in the universe (if you like metal)

fuck lets see...

best show ive ever been to in my life was there, with origin as the headliner. it was a perfectly-safe-for-ladies-to-dive-headfirst-crowdsurf kinda show, best mosh pit ive ever been in of maybe 100 people.

the week before christmas this year, yob did back to back shows, a friday night, then a saturday night show. i went to both. \m/

last weekend i saw the viking reunion tour show, with attacker, and it blew my head off.

incantation was just there. ufommamut is coming to this place in 2 weeks. taake will be there in june.

every show at this bar is the best show ever.

jesus christ that was the loudest show i've ever seen. i couldn't breathe, the sound was so heavy in my chest. i couldn't see, i was like brutalized by the strength of the noise. and everyone around me is just nodding along and am i in a cult? baptized by fire? i only made it through holy mountain and dope smoker before i threw up, i just couldn't handle it. i couldn't even fall asleep because everything was all off balance and shit because i couldn't hear. fuck. that was a difficult as shit show. totally worth it though. everyone was there. people who fucked lystra, people who worked as artisanal picklers, my old drug dealers, the waitress from my favorite bar, the baristas at my job. one big giant fucked up family eating psychedelics & edibles at the masquerade.

My buddy sent me some pics of all the amps they had on stage. Seemed like overkill to me. I'm glad I got wrecked at the Hawks game and went to bed at 8

it was like a wall of 20 orange amps

a sheer unending torrential wall of noise

My little dog Toto would really love to trip at Shaky Knees (today). He needs it or he's afraid he might attack my drunk sister.

i saw the legendary mike scott and the waterboys perform on sunday in sac'to.

seriously one of the best shows i've been to in a very long time. the guy on keyboards was "brother" paul brown and he was incredible.

alasdair

I WENT TO MY FIRST FESTIVAL.

I will report back later.

Firstly, best tattoo all weekend-
AE63CD4B-12B3-44C6-AFD1-61C8C01E39D2_zpsfnuu3ggo.jpg

Cats do rule...

Uhm, so it was viciously hot all weekend. That sucked. Scheduling...sucked. Lineup? V good. I was pretty happy with the bands. And apparently, a lot of my friends like the Strokes. And I kinda really don't. I don't get the appeal. And none of my friends understood why my undies were getting increasingly wet for my future husband Ryan Adams. His set was great. He covered Danzig for Mother's Day. Uhm, TVOTR was awesome, while they stared into the sun. Black Lips- amazing, of course. I would have the dirtiest filthiest sex with Jared Swilley. Old 97s were v fun, of course. Tennis was good, but their stage sucked, so the show was lackluster. Oh, Mac Demarco was a standout, too! Ah! I finally got to see Social D after 15 years! That was pretty great! Mike Ness and crew put on an awesome show. I saw Dr. Dog and sat back by a bunch of dirty goons playing frisbee. Ha. Real Estate was soooooooooo good. Tame Impala closed the whole thing down. I kinda wish I had stayed the whole night, but I only stayed for a few of their songs. Fuck, they were good. And...I know how not cool I am, I get it, but...infants and toddlers at festivals. Don't they have Disney? They do, right? And Sea World with its imprisoned sea life? Oh, and the amount of smoking. It was too bad when you're milling about, but when packed up toward the front, and people feel the need to smoke to "really feel the music"???- I was sneezing a lot this weekend. I barely drank. I know why people do drugs the whole time, but I'm glad I vividly remember it, and I am looking forward to next year.

Yay! One massive paragraph.

Also, like, what a week and a half until Shovels and Rope and then also Adron/Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics. Again!

Just heard Storm Large for the second time--half the time in awe of her voice the other half hysterical over her humor.

I went to Morrissey last night. Atlanta Symphony Hall is a wonderful venue, what a gorgeous place. PB bought me a ticket for my birthday this year.

I've seen Morrissey before so I knew what I was getting into but I was still shocked at what I was seeing and hearing last night. It was like...super black? and super metal. The music was so heavy. Which is a bizarre thing to say but it's the only way I know how to explain it. He doesn't play music before he comes on stage, but rather clips of famous queers or videos of old women celebrating Margaret Thatcher dying or whatever. But there were so many black people?? James Baldwin (my grandmother didn't rape nobody) and Dick Gregory and even maybe Fred Shuttlesworth? And then while he was playing Ganglord and just giant clips of police killing black people and dogs. for like 8 minutes. It was one of the most political shows I've ever seen in my life.

Then I had to get on the train with a bunch of people going the other way from a Kenny Chesney show who didn't know how to use the fucking train and I felt like I was on drugs the whole time.

eta: the setlist

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Will Never Marry / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Yes, I Am Blind / My Dearest Love / I'm Not A Man / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full // First Of The Gang To Die / What She Said

Last edited:
nice. I still haven't seen Morrissey. :(

do it quick. he was very obviously not healthy last night, and the only way i could really rationalize my disappointment at that show (besides that morrissey doesn't care in the slightest how disappointed i am in his show) was that it was like a goodbye show and he's definitely dying and that makes everything sad in a whole new way. the encore moved me from very disappointed to just mildly disappointed, what she said is my favorite song of all time.

between the two shows of his i've seen i have seen one entire performance of Rank which is as close to a Smiths show as I'll ever get.

Status
Not open for further replies.