Brag about an upcoming or past show ver HUH? What? Sorry my ears are still ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I (hopefully) get to see Bob Weir and Ratdog in a couple weeks :)

A lot of people's parents raised them on the Beatles...my folks raised me on The Grateful Dead. They've both seen em, my dad followed em around for years including multiple years in a row at Red Rocks. My mom was listening to the Dead when she gave birth to me, we constantly had it playing in the house. Some of my earliest memories are watching live recorded Dead shows with my dad. My parents would also sing me Dead tunes as lullabies, and that's what they are to me - lullabies. Just the sweetest, most soothing sounds that never fail to make me happy and chill me out.

The fact that in a few weeks I'll be given the rare opportunity to see (whats left of) the band perform gives me goosebumps. After all, they're getting pretty old, and you can only wonder how long they can keep doing this. Regardless of your feelings on the Dead, this is where it all started folks. Acid tests and whatnot. And I probably will be taking acid for the show :) should be one heck of a time!

EDIT: I should mention, I've seen plenty of jam bands from Yonder Mountain to 'Dosio to String Cheese, Umps, Moe, WSP, etc, and while I LIVE for the jam, I've yet to attend a Dead show. This will be my first, and perhaps my only one...so I gotta make it count!

saw Brody the other night & she did some old Distillers stuff + some new stuff... was awesome. She dedicated my favorite Distillers song, Sick Of It All, to San Francisco :)

Trombone Shorty is a beast
I caught a hot afternoon show of his

That fellow has lungs of steel

Yea, he's fun. I'm more excited for Lucero just because I haven't seen them in a couple of years and they kick major ass. But trombone shorty will be fun as shit also.

Regardless, this little festival always brings out a massive amount of awesome hot whores wearing not many clothes. And I will black out and fuck none of them. But, still.

^ Lmao

So I think I'm gonna say fuck it and go to Bonnaroo and then maybe Wakarusa
Waka looks heady as fuq and I've never been to Arkansas...

Delsyd was saying something about that
Isn't in Vargina?

^ Lmao

So I think I'm gonna say fuck it and go to Bonnaroo and then maybe Wakarusa
Waka looks heady as fuq and I've never been to Arkansas...
I'll never go back to bonnaroo. Way to fucking hot in that field.

i've seen more people get arrested at waka than at any other festival, so be careful at that one phil

I quit festivals after Fred Durst pulled his bullshit at Woodstock 99. That being said, Rage Against the Machine setting an American Flag on fire, didn't help the whole "let's start a riot" mentality. But for some reason, no one mentions that. It was hot, and there was garbage everywhere. I didn't understand how people still consumed alcohol in that heat. I spent half the time with a $4.00 bag of ice on my head in my tent. I said I was too old for that shit after that. Now I miss going to stuff. My son wants to see Imagine Dragons.....

^ Lol you were at Woodstock 99?
I remember watching it on pay per view for free

I'll never go back to bonnaroo. Way to fucking hot in that field.

What year did you go?
And that field is fucking huge m8, like 700 acres
Some years seem to be worse than others though but yeah still fucking hawt during the day

That's why I just head to centeroo and find some shade next to a show and smoke nug/opium/hash bowls constantly while downing smoothies and kebob lol
Then after chilling all day when it gets cooler shit gets intense

It's totally worth it imo, plus it's only one weekend

Think we're leaving tom night

It was really embarrassing coming back from Woodstock. People were like "you guys acted like assholes" I happened to be asleep when people got out of hand thankfully. I didn't even know what had happened until I heard people talking at the showers. I am sure it was on the news before I even heard.

I think they played the first day before it was quite as hot. By day 3 it was hard to wear any clothing, and people wore as little as possible. My friends were into this so they saw this. I didn't

^ Lol you were at Woodstock 99?
I remember watching it on pay per view for free

I remember watching it on MTV for free because my parents were paying the cable bill at the time because I was too young to have money prahlums and sheeit.

Status
Not open for further replies.