Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Boardwalk Empire

^ I don't feel like editing my post (again).

I'm having BE withdrawals. I knew I'd like it before the beginning credits even ended because I immediately recognized it was the Brian Jonestown Massacre. Felt pretty proud of myself for catching that, not gonna lie.

As usual, I made a gif.

f6A7Hsm.gif

Tonight's ep was pretty much the best yet - maybe that's just because I have a thing for the Lucky/Myer and Cicero plotlines. Much more fascinating than Atlantic City IMO

Max nice to see you have joined the patricians table

Well Roy being a Pinkerton came outta no where
I hope they have a lesbo prison arc for Gillian in season 5

And sucks Richard's story is basically over, most likely will be killed off
Chalky has been getting kind of annoying with all his how's dat and what's dat shit

I wouldn't be sad if Chalky died and the Dr survives in the finale

Edit so I don't have 3 consecutive posts, what did you guys think of the finale?

I just watched it the other night and was kind of let down, not just because of Harrow but because it just felt like a weak season all the way through

And wtf, I know it's the 20's and on the verge of the great depression but can no one have a happy ending in this series and ride of into the sunset in there model t ford?

Last edited:
ONE WEEK TO GO !!!!!
14.gif

Holy shit, really?

For whatever reason I was under the impression Boardwalk Empire wasn't coming back until 2015. That's what I get for not watching much TV on my actual TV, though...

^That's Mad Men that won't be returning until next year.

I'm so freaking excited for this season. It's been one of my favorite shows on TV for awhile and I've been waiting anxiously for nearly a year 8o

Episode 1 is up! Haven't grabbed it yet because I'm at uni. Was reading this morning though that they're jumping forward to 1931 which should be pretty interesting. Should be looking at all out war in New York between Luciano and Masseria - while Big Al should be about to take an almighty fall in Chicago. Can't wait. Almost want to ditch my evening lecture to go home and watch it :D

Bah! Fuck it

A;'s already dead - he was my favourite character. Fuck this jumping forward in time BS :!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of jumping to 1931 for the final season. It's set right on the eve of both the FDR election and the repeal of the Volstead Act, which of course will demolish the enterprise the entire show is based around.

Pretty strong season premiere, I think.

ohshitohshitohshit I forgot to watch it last night!?

Doing it now, right fucking now.

Pretty decent first ep
Just feel like this series could have been so much better if they spent less time on nucky and margaret over the seasons and more on chicago and new york

Pretty much every other character in the show was more interesting than nucky

Also it's super shitty they just skipped ar's death, hopefully they'll show some flash backs

Pretty decent first ep
Just feel like this series could have been so much better if they spent less time on nucky and margaret over the seasons and more on chicago and new york

Especially with this last season - only 8 episodes, I really don't want to waste it all on flashbacks to Nucky's childhood

I like the idea of jumping to 1931 for the final season. It's set right on the eve of both the FDR election and the repeal of the Volstead Act, which of course will demolish the enterprise the entire show is based around.

Pretty strong season premiere, I think.

Yeah, no, you're right - I was just gutted that Al's gone

Al should still be a solid character in future episodes? Historically anyway, he died in the late 1940s. Arnold Rothstein is the death they skipped over.

Al should still be a solid character in future episodes? Historically anyway, he died in the late 1940s. Arnold Rothstein is the death they skipped over.

Yeah, I was like wtf? Capone was in the premiere. I was thinking I dozed off while watching it and missed some pretty significant points...

Sucks that they skipped over Rothstein's death, though.... but I'm sure we'll see some kind of allusion to/explanation of it before the series' end, though.

Yeah you're right - Al should be in Sing Sing about now - Rothstein was hit about 1925 IIRC - it did *sound* like they said Al but it was kind of mumbled. I'll have to watch the ep again before the weekend is out.

Still, would have liked to see his rise and fall - and agree with Jibult, wanted to see the Rothstein hit - I'd kind of been waiting for that for the last couple of seasons.

Bill is right, they should have focused more on the NY/Chicago story and not wasted so much time on Nucky's love life. The gangster stories are brilliant - I mean, how good a character is Lucky, so well cast, it's pretty much exactly how I'd imagine him in my mind. Such a waste to make him a bit character.

Last edited:
I hope they have a lesbo prison arc for Gillian in season 5

They trolled me so fucking hard

Edit for this weeks ep: too much fucking filler
I thought having 8 ep's would be packed with awesomeness

The chalky scenes were too predictable and slow
No chicago or van alden and eli

Nucky flash backs are alright but I thought they wouldn't drag on through multiple ep's
Guess they're trying to tie it all together but they had so many great characters and plot lines I feel will never happen now

Also the 16 year old at the end must be Jimmy's son, hopefully shit gets really good

Last edited: