Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Boardwalk Empire

As if they didn't have enough subplots to develop, they decided to focus on Eli's son for 15 minutes.

Right? What the fuck was that about? With all the bad ass shit going on, Nucky, Luciano, Capone, Harrow, etc... you spend a chunk of the episode on little kids trying to get booze and get laid? *yawn*

My main issue with this season is the lack of connection with the previous season. I mean seriously, five minutes in a room with everyone he masterfully fucked over and it's all settled by a bag of money? There were so many directions to explore there that I just can't wrap my head around that being an acceptable conclusion to any of those storylines. Also this season is suffering from a significant lack of focus. None of the characters really seem to be getting developed further. It's like they are just drifting in limbo within an already concluded narrative. All that said, this Dr. Narcisse is definitely a bright spot. You gotta love cryptic bible quoting murderers who almost seem to have a moral compass to their menace. Plus, the season is only three episodes deep. I see major developments in the near future.

My main issue with this season is the lack of connection with the previous season. I mean seriously, five minutes in a room with everyone he masterfully fucked over and it's all settled by a bag of money? There were so many directions to explore there that I just can't wrap my head around that being an acceptable conclusion to any of those storylines. Also this season is suffering from a significant lack of focus. None of the characters really seem to be getting developed further. It's like they are just drifting in limbo within an already concluded narrative. All that said, this Dr. Narcisse is definitely a bright spot. You gotta love cryptic bible quoting murderers who almost seem to have a moral compass to their menace. Plus, the season is only three episodes deep. I see major developments in the near future.

Yeah I feel like they are just setting things up right now, developing the big players, showing the connections with the characters, new business deals, etc.

THAT was more like it. The show definitely hit its stride with that episode.

(which probably means the next episode will focus heavily on Margaret's children)

Eddie is by no means the weakest link. He'll probably be tortured by the Feds, but I doubt he'll talk.

I hope conversation might pick up here now that this is pretty much the only good show left on TV.

I liked that last episode a lot too, and was so psyched to see Van Alden to team up with Al Capone, both of them are my favorite characters, so I know who I will be rooting for from now on. I just love the facial expressions that Van Alden guy makes.

Damn I can't believe Eddie is gone
His acting was incredible in the latest ep

Also I was kind of liking Franky, I didn't even know that's how he was really killed irl
This is pretty much what initially ignites the war I bet

^ Stfu you haven't even been watching it, Lost fag, I know you don't care for mafioso drama
Actually you're prolly right though but still gtfo

&)*&@*)^&#*^#*^

I enjoyed that episode immensely.

there are obviously some small spoilers approaching:

Al losing Frank.

Gillian losing it. And Tommy.

Nucky "losing" Eddie. Gaining nephew, Willie?

Last edited:
I feel like Willie is kind of feeling like how Jimmy prolly felt

Man, that scene where Capones brother gets gunned down was amazing. It reminded me of when Sonny gets killed at the tollbooth in The Godfather. Just total butchery, arms flailing, being shredded with bullets. Except this was right in front of everybody, especially the guys own brother watching him get brutalized.

I re watched that scene twice it was so epic.

Margaret comes back next week:

After a cautious reunion with Margaret in New York City, Nucky heads to Tampa to work out details of his land deal with Bill McCoy and reconnects with Sally Wheet. Richard Harrow returns to Atlantic City and makes a confession to an ailing Paul Sagorsky, who encourages him to get over the past and return to Julia and Tommy. Having lost J. Edgar Hoover's confidence, Agent Knox finds a new way to gain Eli's trust. Meyer Lansky decides to go it alone on the Tampa land deal when Lucky Luciano gets spooked by Vincenzo Petrucelli, an investor with ties to Joe Masseria in ...

Did anyone else feel mild to moderately ill when Margaret said, "the cheeldrun"? God, I really, really hate that character.
In contrast, I'm liking the older, weathered looking version of Patricia Arquette. Coulda done without the sex scene, but that's ok.

I thought I would hate the Chicago stuff but I've really enjoyed it so far. Stephen Graham's awesome. George Mueller..... Haha.
Van Alden/Mueller and Richard Harrow are easily two of the most compelling characters on TV.
Terrence Winter does some shit that's annoying. For example, the "Villain of the Year" year after year with BE and The Soprano's before that.
But, I don't think any show creator/runner is as adept at creating despicable, yet compelling characters. Maybe Vince Gilligan but I'd need to see him do it again on his next project.

Did anyone catch what the symbol that was stitched onto Knox's handkerchief was?
Eli clearly recognized something and seems on to him. I just can't figure what would give him away.
I know he gave his kerchief to Eddie to clean his puke up. I don't get how some potential puke stains would give him away.
And Eli must have already had someone else read the letter, I would think.
I'm hopeful Knox will get his. Fucking bastard. Poor, poor Eddie.

That's Patricia Arquette? The Patricia Arquette from Lost Highway???

Damn.

That's Patricia Arquette? The Patricia Arquette from Lost Highway???

Damn.

Yeah the bartender chic in Florida. It took me by surprise too. She looked familiar when I first saw her but I couldn't put my finger on who she was until my girlfriend told me. She's looking a little haggard. Hah

^It's the trademark snaggleteeth that will always, always give her away. Her and Buscemi are a match made in heaven.

My name is Nelson Van Alden. Take off your nightgown!

^ Stfu you haven't even been watching it, Lost fag, I know you don't care for mafioso drama

gr8 b8 m8

I just got done watching the first season. Bretty gud. Jimmy reminds me a lot of Jesse from BB. And also of Leonardo Dicaprio. And on the same topic, Giovanni Ribisi would make a great Jimmy.

I like old timey stuff, so this was right up my alley. Add to that, they've shown pretty much all the female characters' breasts in the show. Thank fuck for cable programming! Dat lesbian love scene with Jimmy's baby momma.

Sucks Pearl had to die. She was cutie. I've read spoilers ITT but I don't give a fuck because it's basically the same scenario with Breaking Bad. I started watching that late too and still trolled the thread. My shitty memory allows me to forget who gets killed.

Don't know if I'll ever watch the rest as I got it from the library and just picked up Sopranos Season 1.

Last edited: