Bluelight Trivia Game!!!

Fjones, I will give a clue. I learned the answer to this question by reading a thread in this support forum. I'll give some additional data that was revealed in that thread. Different vBulletin sites use different settings in this regard. Your answer of "Someone who has posted in the last 6 months?" or at least "Someone who logged in in the last six months" could be the way that statistic is put together on another vB site. Made me realize that comparing BL's stats to another site isn't necessarily as clean a comparison as I thought.

Fjones, I will give a clue. I learned the answer to this question by reading a thread in this support forum. I'll give some additional data that was revealed in that thread. Different vBulletin sites use different settings in this regard. Your answer of "Someone who has posted in the last 6 months?" or at least "Someone who logged in in the last six months" could be the way that statistic is put together on another vB site. Made me realize that comparing BL's stats to another site isn't necessarily as clean a comparison as I thought.

"an active member is a bluelighter who has visited the board within the last 30 days.

alasdair "

Bingo Fjones :) If you will let me be formalistic, would you repost your question from earlier or post a different one if that is your choice.

My question was, "Which Bluelighter has the highest post count? "

But, I do not know if this can be looked up. I think I know the answer, but there is no way of knowing for sure.

In the event that the question is invalid for that reason, here is a backup question:

Which thread allows user to make amusing complains about minor things that irritate them during the day? For full credit, must name the thread AND forum AND the top two posters to the thread.

Initial Question - ....I'll be honest, it would take an admin to figure it out, and even then it was a bear to find. Final answer? Well, there is a glitch in the system that shows several accounts at 4,294,967,295 posts, but that is inaccurate. There is a guy named raversteve showing 7,215,896 accrued between 1986 and 2007....and since we weren't online then, I'm calling bullshit on that one as well. For a more realistic* number, we'll look to B9 (32,875) and Finder (32,077), with Impacto Profundo (28,311) and Alasdair (28,311) falling in line behind them.

*realistic = know that we've had a few resets of the user accounts over the years, and the last set of pruning back in about 2006 cost several people some post counts as well. The numbers above are as accurate and 'real' as we can provide at this point in time.

Backup Answer: it depends :\

LOUNGE probably uses Talk to yourself ver. My first ttys thread! (Rcionen and jah um weezy)
ARSE is using ARSE and the everlasting melancholy (frown v706.15) (dfrs and neverwas)
EADD is using The Angry Thread! (Spade & snolly)

Assuming my initial answer is acceptable, and if not...that one of my backup answers is the one you were after, can I post the following trivia question:

What 3 forums were created in October-November of 1999? Which are still in use today and under what name?

Last edited:
good enough. I was looking for B9 and Finder. I assume theirs are the highest. You got those two.

I guess I was too vague with the other one. I was looking for the one in the Second opinion thread :)

So the question becomes:

What 3 forums were created in October-November of 1999? Which are still in use today and under what name?

Thats right, I'm bumping my thread because I still like it! :p

I'm going to get it rolling again...

Answer to Enki's question:
October/November 1999 - New To Ecstasy (now known as Drug Basics)
October/November 1999 - European Drug Discussion
November 1999 - Australian Drug Discussion
November 1999 - Words

Aha! There were 4! Not 3, that must have been a trick question ;)

Where can you go to find all kinds of nifty little tricks and tips for using bluelight? Hint: They're all packed neatly into one place and you can add your own ideas or discoveries!

Excellent question............. here is the answer http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=359665

its actually a thread stickied at the top of Support and offers a huge ammount of quality info...........you should read it and see how much it improves your bluelight experience.

I cant remember who started the thread, prolly some nondescript.

Oh and next question.................. Can you reproduce post number 8 from that very thread right here in this very thread?

^I would do one of two things:

1. Create a thread in Homeless Threads; or
  2. PM a mod of the forum I think it should go into and ask for confirmation.

Before Bluelight had its present forum skin, what color was Bluelight?
You mean by quoting like this MazDan? Quote is available in lower right corner of post to be quoted.

The question answered in #31 was TLB's, I was just moving the thread along after a moment of ambiguity.

If I answered MazDan correctly the next question is Name a Bluelight title/position that no longer exists?

Actually according to me this is the 8th post in that thread but I suspect you can see more cos your a mod of the forum.

Thus despite your being wrong in the eyes of mortals, I am still satisfied........lol

Carry on.

Name a Bluelight title/position that no longer exists?

i hereby challenge alasdair (and everyone else of course, but especially alasdair) to come up with a top tip that i haven't heard of.

i'm looking for the really obscure stuff. the good shit. %)

(no, not anything to do with databases, i mean stuff that the ordinary user can benefit from :|)

You mean by quoting like this MazDan? Quote is available in lower right corner of post to be quoted.

The question answered in #31 was TLB's, I was just moving the thread along after a moment of ambiguity.

If I answered MazDan correctly the next question is Name a Bluelight title/position that no longer exists?

Fleshlighter

That is PHDs old customized title, its a good answer. There was a position titled Super Moderator that I don't know the scope of. Think it might be what admins were called in the past or it was more board privileges than Smod and less than Admin, really not sure. http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=2036338&postcount=4

I think Super Moderators were the old admin title. Here's a list of them... TLB may be able to answer this question when he climbs back out of the gutter ;).

^They were virtually admin in the respect that they could ban and later create forums, but skydancer and Catch-22 retained the overall power in that they could only be removed from their positions by one another, and had the power to remove/add Supermods at will.

My question: How does one become a BL crew member?