• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelight Stall - Part Two - Please Read

wednesday sounds good, i decided i'll be driving, seems easier than a train if its only to newtown.
Temptress, you can get a lift with me, sure thing, and you can navigate. you seem qualified enough with the excellent job you did last time
smile.gif
it'll be dark though, interesting to see how your skills measure up at night! hehe.
i can't leave until about 6ish i'd say, so what time is the meeting and where?
just let me know and i will organise to get there.
do we have an agenda or are we just discussing stuff?
take care all
smile.gif

Bigfoot Dragon

heres something we may be able to use for the business card design perhaps, or can be modified to suit other purposes. jb suggested only having the web address on it, and i suppose this creates a little intrigue
smile.gif

blcard1.jpg

could those who use icq please and are involved in this group please add me by shift clicking (or it will close this window) here.
[This message has been edited by Cowboy Mac (edited 08 October 2000).]

Haste let me just say that you are an utter champion. Youve really done a marvellous job in getting things happening and people orgainsed. As ive already told you im happy to help in any way you see fit. And ill be at johnboys bar on thursday at 7pm. See ya then.
madmonkey: the address of johnboy's is
368 Victoria street
North Melbourne 3051.
Its called PRUDENCE.
------------------
The drummer from def leppard has only got one arm!
[This message has been edited by MorpheusDaq (edited 08 October 2000).]

ok the address is:
"Prudence"
368 Victoria Street
North Melbourne
(look for the twinkling lights)

DONE!
This is one happy little primate!

This is a topic I'm almost *scared* to bring up, but i feel its importance warrants me risking me looking undedicated....
*XSI11V puts on flame suit*
It's the issue regarding the need for those manning the stall to be straight. I agree 100% that this is important to do this to maintain a high degree of professionalism and keep our liability to an absolute minimum. So this might sound selfish but... who's gunna want to be straight for longer than a few hours into the night during say a $100 a ticket event? (the issue came up when we were discussing the upcoming homelands festival). I realise not all parties have such steep ticket prices, but I also wouldn't trust my judgement the next morning if i was straight. We don't want the stall to end up being something which we find ourselves doing coz it's 'our turn' to do the graveyard shifts towards the end of the party.
I guess the only positive suggestion i can offer is that perhaps if volunteers are low for shifts towards the end of the party, we can make it clear that the punters should get 'em tested at the beginning of the night (including pills they'll be popping the next morning). After a few hours (eg. after 2am) the stall could close up shop, and then we could just hand out some stuff at the end of the party?
your comments/flames please?
[This message has been edited by XSI11V (edited 09 October 2000).]

as for the issues of staying straight, being a volunteer at our table is going to most likely get you free entry to these events. so the $100 ticket thing is sort of irrelevant... but it would be good to think of it this way. to get that free entry you have to work for it, you don't get something for nothing.
and anyway, what's wrong with going straight?
i think the table would only operate at the peak times of, say, 11pm to 5 am, two lots of 3 hours.
also consider that even if you have finished work and it's time for play, it's best not to party too conspicuously. the cops will now who you are, and if they think for a second you are dealing then they will be all over you.
remember the dancesafe guys in canada who got busted dealing in the car park after. that sort of publicity would kill our cause dead.

haste, i shld be able to make it... tho i might have a problem wif getting there. how far izit to walk to Prudence from the city?
yeh, wif a powermac i can whip up anything wif adobe photoshop 5. the important thing is settling on the contents to be put into the brochures, its the mos time-consuming part of a graphic designer's life. i used to spend 95% of the time chasing pple fer contents n 5% of the time doing the actual work.
i agree dat testing shld be done early in the nite of a party. bcos pple will dread being put on the "late" shift when every1 else is off n running around. jus a suggestion- we can however keep a few testers on us, n if any1 runs up to us in desperate need later in the nite, we can help them out personally even tho the stall has closed.
*waves little paws*
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

well said johnboy!!!
When I said we needed dedicated people, I meant we needed dedicated people. This isn't a half hearted project - professionalism is at the uttmost here. Please consider the issue's we are dealing with. If someone has a problem with being straight then I suggest that they do not volunteer. No-one is asking anyone to man the stall at every single party - surely the particular person can live through one night straight? Is this really such a big problem?
"We don't want the stall to end up being something which we find ourselves doing coz it's 'our turn' to do the graveyard shifts towards the end of the party." - answer - don't volunteer!
I don't mean to seem harsh everyone, nor a party pooper, but like I said earlier - please consider the issue's we are dealing with. We are going to be up against alot of scrutiny and people trying to shut us down.
XSI11V - Thank you for bringing this up cause we needed to sort it out - nothing personal, no need for the flame retarding suit hehehe
wink.gif

------------------
Careful with that axe Eugene....
[This message has been edited by haste (edited 09 October 2000).]

altho alot of pple have no problems going straight, this could put off pple who r considering helping out but dont wanna compromise on their nite out. this is not saying dat these pple r unworthy of fighting a gd cause, but it could limit the pool of volunteers. unless there is a substantial group of dedicated volunteers, wif numbers enough to organise shifts, it could pose a problem.
JB, ive checked the link. would u guys wan a brochure as detailed as dat? or 1 which is more "easy-reading"? there r quite a few "bombastic" words which may put pple off...
madmonkey: if u can hook me up wif a powermac, i can prepare the backgrounds n graphix 1st while waiting fer finalisation of contents. once its ready, all it takes is a few seconds to whack it in.
i guess all the pple who have ideas fer the brochures can do dat too, if u're using a graphix application which handles layers. u can easily add in the text later.
*waves little paws*
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

The Bank Newtown......excellent choice, seeing as I work across the road! 7pm sounds good although I might be a bit late - I'm in charge of shutting up shop and we don't close until 7.
The Bank is rather big....are we meeting in the front bar, sleepers (the cocktail bar at the back) or in the beer garden?
Really looking forward to meeting all of you and discussing all of this!
oh, btw.....i met Biochemist, who is part of the promotion team (?) that organises the Chemistry parties, last night. I didn't mention the stall to him b/c i felt it's still in it's early stages plus i wasn't in a state condusive with long explaining, but i think he could possibly be someone to contact about it in the near future (possibly after this meeting)? I think Smurf knows how to get in contact with him.
Anyhoo, kids, i shall see you on Wed. Look out for the chickie in army fatigues covered in wax. oh, and if i can do anything before the meetup, let me know: [email protected]
a.
------------------
~dance as if no-one is watching~

Well if the straight issue is going to be a problem with organising shifts then I suggest each state looks at this carefuly as to how they will man the stalls. In Melbourne, I will personally man the stall form start to finish, all I need is some assistance from extra people during the course of the night - but from the people I have spoken to here in Melbourne I do not see us as having a problem with maning the stall.
We are not asking you to man the stall at every party, but let's say one in every month, or every two months - what ever you level of commitment. Hopefully we can get a roster hapening in the long run when we have a steady flow of parties we can participate in.
Thanks for listening
smile.gif

------------------
Careful with that axe Eugene....

anything being planned in WA yet ?
im interested in being part of this
i recall seeing a flyer somewhere on bluelight that i once thought of printing out and leaving copies of around the city and in various clubs..
we need to do something espcially with perths ratio of good/bad pills .. people need to know
[This message has been edited by awake (edited 09 October 2000).]

Hey guys ,
Yup I am in ! 90% sure I can attend the Newtown thang!
perhaps we should consider designing a specific pamphlet for handing out AFTER the party ... with info about looking after yourself post party .. eg > postloading , importance of a nutritious meal after dancing all night , what to avoid when 'coming down' , and something to put a smile on peoples face ..... just an idea .... If we are to be handing out these things in the mornings , ppl will be reading them sitting in the park or back at home 1 hour later , so lets make it info that is applicable to them in that state.
What I am saying is it is a little late to preach about buying p1lls from strangers when someone has gone and done that earlier in the night and is now filling a little 'fragile' ... consider it a form of direct marketing
TwoUp

like technical or medical terms. shld we edit the content so it doesnt require a person of high-education level to be able to comprehend?
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

SYDNEY PEOPLE
Wow! I'm sooo impressed by everyone's enthusiasm
smile.gif

The Bank Hotel in Newtown on Wednesday evening it is.
Seeing as the W'Gong crew can't leave till about 6pm I reckon we should make the meetup at 8pm. This will give them time to get there safely... no crashing on Mt Ousley ok BFD!
As for where at the Bank....
Beer Garden if it's not raining.
Cocktail Bar if it's raining.
If you want to get there earlier than 8pm I'm gonna be there from about 7-30pm.
How shall we recognise each other?
Ideas?
I'm feeling so empowered Haste!
smile.gif

Finn
smile.gif

Temptress,
The Bank is on the same side of King Street as the station. It's 324 King Street.
[This message has been edited by Finn (edited 09 October 2000).]

personally i'm against "dumbing down" this sort of material. there's nothing on that page that isn't refered to here on Bluelight all the time.
and the Bluelight way is; if you don't understand something then look it up, or ask.
anyway the only jargon rich paragraph is the first one.
and like i said, we can work out the finer details later.

i agree with johnboy here, i think the content should be dealt with in the way we have always delt with it, and for those who have trouble understanding the more difficult terms a glossary could be used etc. about the whole straight thing, there would be certain responsibilities that you would need to be at peak mental health to be able to handle, specifically at the start of the night and eventually when we have pill testing, however handing out flyers etc? i dont want to sound totally adverse to the straight thing here but wouldnt there be various tasks (perhaps toward the end of the parties) that need to undertaken that would allow for some leeway?
------------------
<insert witty comment here>