• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelight Stall - Part Two - Please Read

excellent! yup, tuesday nights are still best, or wednesday night. hmm this might actually happen
smile.gif

WOW!!!!!!
This is great. That means we have Earthcore and the Energy Emperors onside with the possibility of MUD too. Well done Haste and Temptress.
SYDNEY BLUELIGHTERS
It seems like Wednesday night might be the go. How does Newtown sound? Time 7ish?
So far we have Temptress and myself.
I know Yaytima and XSll1V are keen and I think Big Footed Dragon was too. I'll go back to the old thread and check who else said they'd heelp out.
Cheers,
Finn
smile.gif

P.S. Temptress, are you and Av coming to Earthdance?

Things ARE rolling and that's soooo great, BUT (jeez man, you ALWAYS have a 'but' don't you!!)...
smile.gif

We really need COMMITTMENT from other than those who have put their hand up already. Great ideas are just that: great ideas only, until someone puts them into working order!
At the Melb meeting we had 6 people total talking and acting. We need DOUBLE that number to make this a serious reality in Melbourne. Six people is not enough and not all those six can ALWAYS be there everytime. We NEED backup ladies and gents, so who's willing to put their name in writing??!
Haste: please list in your first post of this thread all those who DO committ themselves, so we can all track who's in 'our little group'...and perhaps you can do the same for the other States too?
See you at the next meet....
wink.gif

------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au

newtown is cool...i'm just 8 mins down the road.
so as long as work doesn't interfere i'll be there

I'd be most happy to be involved in the Sydney one and have few limitations outside of working hours. Weds is probably the only day I can't really make it but if it has to be weds, I guess I can try to get out of uni...Finn, guys, check your emails.

Sorry I couldn't stay longer at the meeting, had other committments, glad some others turned up. I'm happy to provide assist were it is required, I could prob even man a stall, hand out stuff etc.
Keep up the good work Haste.
------------------
Kandeman
"Reality is an illusion created by a lack of drugs!"

Ok people the offers are rolling in:
>Hi Dimi,
My name is Ben. As you would know I run an event called Tranquil Knights,
these are our outdoor parties. Our indoor ones are called Lucid dreaming, We
have worked with Rave Safe in the past and would be more than interested in
working with yourselves.If you wish to set up a meeting I would be more than
happy to attend. We are running an event this saturday(unsure of your
locality)if you wish to attend/have stall let me know as our jewlery store
hase pulled out at the last minute. The event will be at the Palidin-629
Bourke st Melbourne, expecting approx 700 patrons. thanks for the reach out.
Ben
It's too late to attend this latest party but I will arrange a meeting to discuss future events.
WE NEED TO GET ORGANISED - WE DESPERATELY NEED DEDICATED PEOPLE
------------------
Careful with that axe Eugene....

haste: i would very much like to assist in this, and would have been at the meeting but wednesdays are the worst, can we move the next meeting to a tuesday by any chance? also what is needed to be done by the next meeting, what is the first party we hope to be at? just so we can get an idea of the workload/deadlines. if anyone who has icq who is involved with this would like to add me my number is 824558, thanks
smile.gif

SYDNEY PEOPLE
Even though I'm in Bathurst (which of course will make it hard for me to attend meetings) but PLEASE keep me in the loop with what's going on. I know there's at least ONE other Bathurst Bluelighter who'd be keen to make roadtrips to parties to help out.
My email is [email protected]
Cheers,
mona.

I'd love to help out, but there's not much in the way of organisation or production of pamphlets etc., that I can do... What I can do is man the stall or hand out pamphlets/flyers...
I'm willing to dedicate a few hours of my night (or even the whole night if the DJ's don't interest me) to manning a stall or distributing flyers. As long as I get enough notice before the event so that I can be sure I'm available, I will definately help out!

yep Finn, i'm still in
smile.gif

wednesday sounds pretty good, only i can't leave here until about 6ish. how far is newtown by car and how far by train?
decide on times and whatever and i'll do my best to get there.
but yeah, i'm still in, i wouldn't back out
smile.gif
keen as ever.
by the way, excellent work so far everyone! makes me proud to be a bluelighter
smile.gif

take care,
Bigfoot Dragon

i can:
1. design the pamphlets if im given the contents to work wif. n if i can get access to a powermac wif adobe photoshop 5 bcos my powermac is stuck in singapore.
2. be yer liason wif MUD, if i can get hold of heidi bcos shes very bz getting things done fer EPTAS. but i will need haste to be the actual voice on the contents of our project. if shes uncontactable, i can reach other members of MUD.
*waves little paws*
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

Man, you guys are great I have to say for myself. This is fantastic that this is actually going to become a reality.
Finn: Wednesdays cool with me still, but..
can you give me exact directions? I know the main street of Newtown...but where exactly is the pub located? And I'm afraid, no, it seems Av and I (ooh, Av will be proud I pronounced that properly) will most likely not make Earthdance as Transmission tickets are well and truly available and so cant shift ours to go
frown.gif
...have you seend the design of the brochure though? It looks great. (the background in particular)
Great to hear other promoters are jumping on the bandwagon...hopefully credibility is just around the corner.
BFD: can we be travel buddies again? If you end up driving, hands up to be navigator! (I'm qualified you know!)
wink.gif

ROLLCALL FOR SYDNEY BLUELIGHTERS:
who's coming to the meeting??
Finn, perhaps we should do as haste did and post in the other forum so those who don't know already can attend if they're interested?
------------------
Submit yourself to the aural temptations of the world - seduce or be seduced.
Temptress

Well i spoke to mekanoid who runs The Scene and he has expressed his willingness to promote our efforts to his site visitors via his web page. This is a great opportunity to generate extra awareness toward our cause and can be a nice jumpstart when we have a web presence. Mekanoid has also expressed his willingness to assist us with a web presence which we can discuss at a later date when we have evolved more. just a nice thing to keep in mind though
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Cowboy Mac (edited 09 October 2000).]

For those interested Cowboy Mac and myself are going to catch up for drinks this Thursday at Johnboy's bar (12/10), just to bring him up to speed on what happened in the first meeting. Anyone else who is interested please come along and join us.
Has anyone come up with any designs/content for brochures?
------------------
Careful with that axe Eugene....

Of course I'm still willing to help
smile.gif
Mad Monkey suggested all the creative types out amongst us join forces as it brings out the best in all of us. As Temptress mentioned previously I can help out with some short run printing - unfortunately I can't print on cardboard (business cards) or have access to laminating facilities - someone else maybe?).
Perhaps everybody can start posting ideas regarding the text content, or post a link to a relative FAQ as it would be quicker and easier for people to design with a little bit of assistance with the brainstorming - but i guess this will be happenin soon at the meetings - geez I'm just too keen
smile.gif
Down the track do you think it might be an idea to add a section to the Bluelight.nu website about our stall to provide updated info and show pics of the stall in action? (like the excellent job Sproing did with the shirts section).
Newtown sounds good on Wednesday.
[This message has been edited by XSI11V (edited 08 October 2000).]

Okay guys........looks like we have a bit of a taskforce ready to attack the designing of all the printed material! GO US!
OKay I propose that we all meet up......possibly at Johnboy's Bar (location?) and nut out the content for the relevant material and have a quick brainstorm session. After that I will be happy to co-ordinate with XSI11V in Sydney and we can all work on this stuff together.
HASTE: Are we able to oranise all the people we need to get the content for the bus cards, etc. to Johnboy's bar sometime?
XSI11V: I'll forward all the information I get from the meeting to you up there in some sort of brief! We can then all work together with the same information!
Ghost: Happy to hook you up with a power mac.......or something to get those creative juices flowing! I'll see what I can do.......
ALSO............ I agree that it is better for us creative people if we have content before we start working on anything definite...TRUST ME! This will save ALOT of time on everyones part!
Let me know what you all think!

yeah i can help on the design side. not sure whether i can make it to jb's this week. got a lot on at the moment but soon enough i can lend a bit more of a hand.
congrats to haste for getting the ball rolling
------------------
Note: This message is for informational and entertainment purposes only.

Thusrday 12/10 - johnboy's bar 7pm - I'm catching up with Cowboy Mac - is this ok with you madmonkey, Ghost - let me know, if not then we can organise another time. Also anyone else who would like to dedicate some time to the design and content.
Here is an online copy of a brochure produced by The Australian Drug Foundation
http://www.adf.org.au/drughit/facts/ecstasy.html
Thanks for the support MikeyS
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by haste (edited 08 October 2000).]

HASTE: I'm fine with that............
All I need is the address and I'm there!