• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

black out / seizure from weed

F1n1shed

Bluelighter
So me and a friend decide to smoke like 3 bowls and then go to subway. So we smoke and get a normal high when all the sudden 20 min later at subway my friend blacks out and like drops to the floor. I'm trying to help him and he's out for a min and his leg is like twitching. He feels better and kus sits when all the sudden I feel this rush of dizziness and things go choppy and I black out for my first time in my life and I could not stand straight without falling. After another like 2 min it happens again and they call an ambulance. We tell them that were ok and the ambulance leaves. I've been smoking for over a year and everyday now and I've never had anything like this. What could have caused this, maybe pesticides?

Cannabis is a vasodilator, your friend probably just had the blood pool in his legs, starving his brain of oxygen. Vasodilators make it easier for this to happen. If he ever feels like he's going to faint again, he can cross his legs and squeeze as hard as he can, that will force the blood back up. It's happened to me and a lot of other people I'm sure.

the thing is this has never happened to me before and what are the chances that we both get it minutes apart from each other. We also got super pale, I'm thinking it was laced or would spraying the weed with pesticides or something of that sort cause this? It was extremely scary and would not want it happening again

I have almost passed out when smoking weed. One minute Im standing talking to friends, the next Im on my ass and feeling lightheaded. If you think the weed was tainted, you need to get a different source.

Vertigo?? I've gotten vertigo from smoking weed before, fallen down several times from it, craziest thing ever. I stand up after a huge sesh (only happened like 10 times in total to me) then I slowly see these growing little squares rush from my peripheral to the front of my vision then i feel lightheaded and my eyes hurt and i just sorta fall down... Only once I actually black out for a few mins though, think I hit my head on my table..

either you kids are weirdOs or the cannabis market needs to be regulated in order to prevent weird trash from getting on cannabis.

weed should never make you blackout or passout, sounds like something else, i taken hits off a 7ft bong and never blackout afterwords, lack of oxygen makes you passout possibly cuased by the weed, but in my 17 years exper. with maryjane it's never happened.

If by pass out you mean crawl up to bed and sleep like the dead, then yes I have passed out from weed.

If you mean blacking out in the subway no never. 15 years of smoking a few years of wake and bake to the current level of a couple bowls at night I have never experianced anything like what you did.

If it was one or the other of you I would have had it I would say health problems but both of you, yeah tainted weed would be the only thing that makes sense, or if you were smoking off a bong maybe the water was too old and you inhaled some mold or some shit like that. Clean your bong and find a new dealer.

LOL

I have gotten so baked I couldn't hold the lighter steady to light another bowl, I smoked 2 bowls after that with someone else lighting them for me and had 2 brownies. Still no blacking out. I just don't know that I could conceivably ingest more at one time.

Me it was either dropping 50mg marinol then smoking an eighth blunt of weed whose potencey I wasn't used to. I was in the lotus position outside on a nice day and fell over.

Or eating my entire 18th birthday present of thick dark chocolate brownies that were packed with special oil, in a minute. Promptly forgot about that, smoked quite a bit then yeah... 7 hours later...

The best was the gigantic heat gun hooka. First time I went up against a mystifier, and I lost. I got so high i barely avoided puking in my friends car by <this> much. That was the first time I fell asleep and was damn near as high when I woke up.

Last edited:
I have almost passed out when smoking weed. One minute Im standing talking to friends, the next Im on my ass and feeling lightheaded. If you think the weed was tainted, you need to get a different source.

Although everyone wants to throw the "it was laced" card out there, it's highly unlikely that it was. Perhaps you smoked more bud than you're used to? Or perhaps it was more potent than what you're used to getting?

also, WhenShallIBeFree: i love the handle, man. Shpongle FTW

O trust it was not more than I'm used to and the bud I get is always high grade from the club. This time it was my friends dealer from a sketchy school, which makes me pretty sure it was tainted. Thx for the replies guys but I'm never smoking from his guy again

I can't believe after all this time, people still think that weed being laced is likely at all. Why would someone want to kill their best customers? You can pass out from just a little weed if you are predisposed to it, and you're dehydrated and tired or something, you can pass out from a smaller amount of weed than you think...

What do you know, it happened to me in the subway too. Smoked some heavy skunk with no tolerance. I knew I was going to faint then woke up with people carrying me out of the subway. My friend who was with me freaked out. I felt right as rain immediately afterwards though, as usual with fainting.

i've had it happen to me, both stoned and sober.

once was at summer camp when i was about 9. we were standing outside at the flag-pole in the sun, and my vision and hearing both started getting fuzzy and then completely blacked out. i almost fell over, but at the last minute we finally walked into the mess hall where there were huge air-conditioners. i felt completely fine w/in about a minute.

twice when smoking. both times outdoors in the summer. heavy session (or session after heavy drinking) and i (1) get up quickly and (2) find myself in a situation that makes me anxious.

don't know what causes it, but cool air and sitting down fixes it almost instantly. really crazy though.