• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bioavailability/Half-life MEGA Thread

I preferred the insuffulation ROA with heroin for the 8 hour duration, though IVing heroin is preferable for the euphoric rush.

Man, this mega thread is missing a lot of info. Like, what's the half life for heroin? (smoked, IV, snorted)?

Amphetamine bioavailability:

Intranasally: 75%
Orally: 25-50%
Plugging: 98-99%
IV/IM: 99-100%
Smoked: ???

anyone wanna fill me in on their opinions?

According to Wiki..
And this is off the top of my head sorry.

Intranasal : 76%
Orally: 62%
Plugging: 99% =D
IV: 100%
Smoked: 90.2%, although smoking would depend a lot on your technique and how well you know your way around the glass pipe.

anyway, can we get up and running a separate Opiate-Only Bioavailability thread?? this one is just so massive it's hard to sift through...

I've been creating a .doc sheet of all the different BA values from various sources on BL on a few of the "more-abusable" opioids. There are a bunch of holes in the BA's at the beginning of this thread. Rectal is like completely left out, BIAS!?!?!

Here goes mine; it's compiled from averages from as many sources I could find from lab studies on google to things listed here on BL (please contest many of these; it'll help flesh out the truth!!):

Heroin
Oral ~35%, NASAL ~42.5%, SMOKED - 44-61%, RECTAL - ??, IV - 100

Morphine Sulfate (5 H2O)
NASAL - 15-20, ORAL - 30, RECTAL - 30+, IV - 100

Hydromorphone (dilaudid)
ORAL - 30-35, RECTAL - 30-35+, NASAL ~54%, IV - 100

Oxycodone
NASAL ~ 40-70% (highly variable; test it yourself), ORAL - 60-87%, RECTAL - 60-87%, IV - 100

Buprenorphine
ORAL - 10, SUBLING - 30, NASAL - 50, RECTAL - 54, IV - 100

I don't think smoking H is more potent than snorting, that's just from my experience (chasing the dragon of course). Seeing as both are at least 40% less than IV makes me envy the needle...but I know about my personality and IVing wouldn't be smart.

Some very important points that people often overlook, don't know or forget.

1) BA does not determine or incoorperate speed of onset. People get confused about the BA of oral and rectal Morphine. Even though the BA is similar, rectal will often feel stronger because it hits faster.

2) BA does not determine or incoorperate subjective effects. People often make the argument, "but the oral BA is so high, it is pointless to IV Methadone, Oxycodone, etc". Again, ignoring the subjective advantages of a faster onset.

3) BA can change depending on other substances added or removed, or the imperfection of the techniques used to administer. A very good example of this is chasing Heroin. Different cuts greatly change the amount of Heroin available to be absorbed, as well as the rate of decomposition and volatilization. The BA of chased or smoked Heroin can change drastically.

Plus, someone who is not experienced or skilled at chasing will often char most of the dope, leading to more decomp at faster speeds, meaning less Heroin is available to be absorbed. This has nothing to do with the purity of the Heroin, the amount of Heroin put on the foil, or the method itself.

4) BA does not take dose into consideration. Tolerance, habituation, expectations, etc all shape a drug experience. Just because you've read that chemical x has a low BA when taken orally, doesn't mean it is worthless to take it orally. If a certain chemical has a very low threshold for effects, it doesn't matter if it has a low BA for a particular route if the dose is high enough. A good example is Oxymorphone. Very low oral BA, but the tablets available are in large enough doses that it doesn't matter. Someone beginning a course of oral Opana therapy would probably OD if they injected their dose instead of swallowing it, because despite the low oral BA, the drug is powerful enough with a low enough threshold for effects, and the dose is high enough in the available form to make up for it.

maybe a compound poll would be helpful regarding ingestion methods ?

a list of each drug and methods with all pills (exclude the rare "ampule" forms) not having the choice of IV. a smart list of sorts.

I dunno if it's possible to create compound polls with subsets of choices, ala:

Choose your preferred method of ingestion:
Oxycodone: NASAL * ORAL * RECTAL *

Morphine: NASAL * ORAL * RECTAL *

etc.

The problem with trying to get a comprehensive, 'complete' list together, is the lack of a definitive answer. There really isn't an answer. BA is a guessing game of averages.

I think the first post in the thread should be constantly edited to reflect new additions to the thread. Or, a new BA Megathread should be created with such a page based on all of the information present in this one, as people tend to stop even opening these threads after a few pages.

^i think thats a pretty good idea Tchort, ill suggest it to the other guys. this thread could do with some revamping indeed.

I read through this but possibly just missed it, whats the bioavaliabilty for smoking fentanyl? Assuming you didnt do it wrong anyway, is it worth it to smoke it compared to other ways?

BENZODIAZEPINES:

Routes of administration:

-Orally
All benzodiazepines can be taken orally, and have a great bioavailabilty this way.
(exemple: Diazepam oral bioavailability:85-100%, Protein binding: 94% to 99% )

-Rectally
All benzodiazepines except Chlordiazepoxide, Clorazepate (and surely Loflazepate too) can be taken rectally, and have a great bioavailabilty this way.

-Intranasal (snorted)
Only the following water-soluble benzos can be effectively snorted: Flurazepam, Midazolam, Loprazolam.

-Injection (IV/IM)
Unless you have ampoules for injection, only the following benzodiazepines can be prepared for injection with water only:
Flurazepam, Midazolam, Loprazolam.

*Note on Loprazolam: it is not completely soluble, but water-soluble enough to be effective when snorted or injected; this is also because you need a low dosage (1mg).

*Note on the inactive water-soluble benzodiazepines:
Chlordiazepoxide, Clorazepate Dipotassium (and Ethyl Loflazepate too I think) are water soluble, but they are inactive benzos, and need to be metabolized by some enzymes in your stomach into active benzos to give an effect. So these benzos can only be taken orally.
If injectable preparations of Clorazepate exist, it's because they contain a substance that makes the Clorazepate active.
FYI:
It's 'Lorazepam' (aka 'Ativan'), not- 'Loprazolam'.
It's often confused with another widely prescribed anxiolytic- the famous 'monkey bars' of the Benzo Alprazolam (aka Xanax).

^ Loprazolam is Dorminoct. The spelling is correct. A powerful hypnotic benzo, very euphoric IMO. Similar to Midazolam but lasts much longer.

^ I find that hard to believe, so please do me a favour and change my mind. What sort of method of smoking it could possibly yeild 100%? Surely this would be far more popular than it currently is if this were possible, unless it's rediculously complicated. Please don't be offended by my scepticism.

^ I find that hard to believe, so please do me a favour and change my mind. What sort of method of smoking it could possibly yeild 100%? Surely this would be far more popular than it currently is if this were possible, unless it's rediculously complicated. Please don't be offended by my scepticism.

well in theory if you could get just the right amount of flame and inhale every single wisp of smoke then the BA would be 100% but since thats nearly impossible i would say someone who is good at it would prob be in the 90-95% range, the guys that ive seen do it simply use aluminum foil and a straw, they let the oxy slide as it melts and chase the smoke, if your good at it, its pretty damn efficient, the one time i did it with a friend who only does it that way, a 20mg oc floored the fuck out of me, and no matter if i sniff or eat it a 20mg wont floor me the way smoking it did, which leads me to believe the BA has to be 90% plus

well in theory if you could get just the right amount of flame and inhale every single wisp of smoke then the BA would be 100% but since thats nearly impossible i would say someone who is good at it would prob be in the 90-95% range, the guys that ive seen do it simply use aluminum foil and a straw, they let the oxy slide as it melts and chase the smoke, if your good at it, its pretty damn efficient, the one time i did it with a friend who only does it that way, a 20mg oc floored the fuck out of me, and no matter if i sniff or eat it a 20mg wont floor me the way smoking it did, which leads me to believe the BA has to be 90% plus

I just dont think this is true... maybe if you had pure oxy it would be possible. The problem is that the burning temperature of the binders in the pill are lower than the vaporizing temp of the drug itself. This means it will catch fire before any of the drug is properly vaporized. If I had to put a number on it, I would say that you are actually utilizing maybe 10% of the drug.

This is just like people that snort hydrocodone compounds. Its stupid and wasteful.