• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bioavailability/Half-life MEGA Thread

Not to burst anyone's bubble but BL already has a thread on this subject. You can reach it from the OD directory.
Or for convenience's sake follow the link below.

Bioavailability/Half-life MEGA Thread

Hope that helps as it covers a pretty good range of substances & has discussion & elucidation regarding such.
Interesting topic choice though as a decent number of people are misinformed or misunderstand ba/half-life.

^Glad someone mentioned the fact we have a megathread covering just this subject.

In fact, I think I'll merge it there now.

bonus fact: the info the OP posted originally came from this thread.

Having a tough time searching for rectal BA of Midazolam HCL plugged. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm closing this and moving it to the archives because i am currently working on compiling all useful information into the first post etc and would rather it was not open to new posts.

We need to change Oxycodone oral BA% to 50%, range 35-80/87%;

Anyone modding when I was knows I have proven this. I may also double check rectal BA%, and rectal has a slightly longer duration and T1/2 - I think it's 30-70% or something like that

Anyway, PLEASE make this change, I thought I did though must have messed up (or was to focused on the Benzodiazepines thread and correcting people about oxycodone bioavailability)

Thank You

Oxycodone BA% needs to be changed

Mean bioavailability for oral administration is ~50%

I have been proving this for years

Range 35-87%

Please change it, I am tired of people saying "Oxycodone has 80% bioavailability, just swallow it" when snorting actually increases Cmax and reduces Tmax to 20 minutes, instead of 1.5-2hrs

PLEASE, CHANGE IT

So if the BA is 30% and you take a gram fyour only getting .30mg ? And that same gram taken a different way with a BA of 90% means your getting .90mg ? just making sure I understand this correctly

A gram with a bioavailability of 30% would be 300mg, 90% 900mg, which is dangerous if its pure H

So if the BA is 30% and you take a gram fyour only getting .30mg ? And that same gram taken a different way with a BA of 90% means your getting .90mg ? just making sure I understand this correctly

Absolute bioavailability is usually expressed as a percentage of how much of the absolute quantity of a drug you take is able to reach the arterial bloodstream for each route of administration. IV is (almost) always 100%, as there is no loss as it goes from venous system, through pulmonary (lungs) and into arterial bloodstream. The one caveat there is some drugs experience loss in the pulmonary circulation, so intravenous is not always a guaranteed 100% bioavailability. So although your math was slightly off (300 mg/900 mg or 0.3 grams/0.9grams) you are correct in how that works.