• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bioavailability/Half-life MEGA Thread

The BA of smoked anything is typically not 100%, so I have a hard time believing atlien, especially since he lacks sources.

I would advise against smoking oxycodone.

This is just like people that snort hydrocodone compounds. Its stupid and wasteful.

well in theory if you could get just the right amount of flame and inhale every single wisp of smoke then the BA would be 100% but since thats nearly impossible i would say someone who is good at it would prob be in the 90-95% range, the guys that ive seen do it simply use aluminum foil and a straw, they let the oxy slide as it melts and chase the smoke, if your good at it, its pretty damn efficient, the one time i did it with a friend who only does it that way, a 20mg oc floored the fuck out of me, and no matter if i sniff or eat it a 20mg wont floor me the way smoking it did, which leads me to believe the BA has to be 90% plus

Specifically, what "floored" you was the time until peak. It's much shorter than insuffulated or orally, and the sooner a drug takes effect, the more desirable it is to an individual.

It was not due to a "100% BA". That's preposterous.

Last edited:
^ Loprazolam is Dorminoct. The spelling is correct. A powerful hypnotic benzo, very euphoric IMO. Similar to Midazolam but lasts much longer.

Ativan euphoric is that the benzo you mean?:(

-Rectally
All benzodiazepines except Chlordiazepoxide, Clorazepate (and surely Loflazepate too) can be taken rectally, and have a great bioavailabilty this way.

If most benzos aren't water soluable, how can you prepare them for plugging?

^ Dissolve them in something other than water. I think I've heard of people using milk. That sounds gross to me, but it wouldn't burn as bad as alcohol in your anus. Hopefully someone can come through with what solvent is best for this purpose.

Oxycodone to Morphine Sulfate dose conversion.

I tried the search engine and could not find any specific answer to my question. I just successfully got 2 scrips filled, one was for 58 Oxycodone HCL 30mg tabs (Roxicodone generic) and 28 MS Contin 60mg tabs. Ive been taking the oxycodone as that's what I'm used to doing, I take 1 and a half pills so that's 45mg and I take it rectally after dissolving it in warm water (so worth the grief and awkward feeling). I would like to try the morphine as I heard it has a more sedative high whilst the oxycodone is more stimulating.

To cut to the chase, what dosage of morphine sulfate would be equlal to my usual 45mg dose of oxycodone? If you can put some kind of formula up that would be great so that way other people can use it to find their equivalent dose.

I know the oxycodone is stronger, so I'm thinking I should take somewhere around 60mg of morphine sulfate but that's just a guess.

Orally speaking, oxycodone is 1.5x the potency of morphine.

According to BollWeevil in the Bioavailability/Half-Life Mega Thread, he links to this (I guess you have to have an account to view) which claims the rectal BA of oxycodone is around the oral BA.

So, you might want to try 65 to 70mg morphine sulfate.

If you have 60mg tabs, I would try one of them. 60mg morphine sulfate would roughly be around 40mg oxycodone.

This would have been better suited for the Bioavailability/Half-Life Mega Thread. Prepare for a merge.

Merged.

Next time, if you or anyone else needs to inquire about conversions, it would be better to post in here, where users can look at the first page to help you find an equipotent dose.

As far as my advice goes, I don't rectally administer drugs, and I have only used morphine sulfate once (orally), and have used oxycodone a handful of times (orally). So, I can't tell you what will "feel" the same, just what will be an equipotent dose according to the data people have cited here.

Last edited:
With morphine Plugging bypasses the first pass metabolism that destroys up to 70% of the drug when take orally , id say it's at the least 2x as potent as orally

so those figures just dont seem right , obviously the thing with plugging is that volume & consistency of the solution as wel as the condition of the area beyond the sphincter (the emptier the better) can cause enormous differences from inactive to OD.

I think it's much mor on par with IM for opiates , especially in the case of morphine

^ Dissolve them in something other than water. I think I've heard of people using milk. That sounds gross to me, but it wouldn't burn as bad as alcohol in your anus. Hopefully someone can come through with what solvent is best for this purpose.

So will benzos dissolve in milk?

does anybody know the nasal BA of dextroamphetamine? (not adderall just pure dextroamphetamine)

is it identical to that of 'normal' amphetamine (if there even is a real difference i don't really know),>>>>
Amphetamine bioavailability:

Intranasally: 75%
Orally: 25-50%
Plugging: 98-99%
IV/IM: 99-100%
Smoked: ???

ha ha>>
Orally speaking,

i usually speak orally... ha ha.

(i'm sorry i just found that really fun at the moment)

Benzos..

Delorazepam - oral 87%. half life 60-140 hours
Flutoprazepam - oral 80-90%. half life 60-90 hours
Lormetazepam - oral 80%. half life 10-12 hours
Nimetazepam - oral 95-100%. half life 14-30 hours
Nitrazepam - oral 53-94%. half life 16-38 hours
Oxazepam - oral 95.5%. half life 4-14 hours
Triazolam - oral 44%, sublingual 53%. half life 1.5-5.5 hours
Brotizolam - oral 48-95%. half life 2.6-6.9 hours
Etizolam - oral 93%. half life 6 hours

well in theory if you could get just the right amount of flame and inhale every single wisp of smoke then the BA would be 100% but since thats nearly impossible i would say someone who is good at it would prob be in the 90-95% range, the guys that ive seen do it simply use aluminum foil and a straw, they let the oxy slide as it melts and chase the smoke, if your good at it, its pretty damn efficient, the one time i did it with a friend who only does it that way, a 20mg oc floored the fuck out of me, and no matter if i sniff or eat it a 20mg wont floor me the way smoking it did, which leads me to believe the BA has to be 90% plus

the whole definition of smoking encompasses the fact that a certain percentage of the product is lost during the process of smoking the drug ,so a BA of90-100 percent is just Impossibe Imho

if no product is lost or a bioavailibility of 100 % similar to the one of injecting a drug would apply it would be to what we refer to as vaporizing a drrug

Ok i've been tryin to find the RECTAL BA of Oxymorphone, and I can't find the info anywhere! if anyone knows or comes across the info plz feel free to PM me

I believe the concept of bioavailabilty is in vivo... You're defining the term as being a combined in vitro / in vivo process.

This may be a dumb question, but is there any possible ROA for methylphenidate through the buccal administration? I cannot keep snorthing stuff, my lungs are filling w/ talc and I'm getting obsessive. I don't feela anything when I take it orally on an empy stomach so...could it be take buccal against the gums or cheaks?

Bad idea?

Good idea?

I just really can't snort anymore of this nasty, filler-filler shit or I;m going to die. I'd rather give it away than have to short the remain 500mg. There has to be another way besides rectal and IV and oral and intranasal. Any help here?

Come un buccal! I've looked all over the internet but I can't seem to find a legit answer. So any conjectures?

so basically i should eat diazepam, tried plugging a sloution and just made a mess with no noticeable difference

oh and im also getting the nickname smurf-gob when ingesting sublingually

Last edited by a moderator:
Your absolutely right, its not solid reasoning. Tell me how the vast majority of people who use OCs snort them and feel it being equal to Oral. If the bioavailability was really that low then im sure the thousands of thousands of people who snort OCs whould realize it and no one would do it any more. I never ever heard anyone complain that they cant feel it as much when they snort it, as apposed to Oral. I just cant believe that study, im sorry. I have to agree with llysergs original bioavailability, it just makes sense.

not to sound rude, but that is an extremely ignorant statement based on absolutely no logic.... although there is logic to explain WHY you think that, you just choose the wrong ones...

Ok, nasal route for oxy is significantly lower... especially the higher the dose insulfated.... binders and fillers form crusty boogers in your nose, some people get those pimples in their nose that hurt like a bitch (which is just an example, the powder is cloggin really find pores just within your nose... it will easily clog your sinuses). It does not matter if you are doing 30 mg roxis, or 80 mg oxycontins... this still applies (assuming the oxycontin is powdered... powdered, not just 'smashed)....

So why don't people complain??? well, you say they don't complain about not being able to feel it compared to oral... so you are telling us they are familiar with oxycodone, and have most likely snorted it in the past. Believe it or not, you get a HUGE placebo effect when you snort those pills... hell, even BEFORE you snort them... ever been craving really bad, then you find out your friend has some that are a great price, and you just found $60 in your coat pocket from last year (ok exagerating there), and you're in a GREAT mood on the way to go get those pills.. I remember being in shitty half-withdrawal and not even feeling like crap just cause I knew I was about to get more!! hint hint - your brain starts producing endorphines ahead of time... our bodies 'natural' opiod, I guess you could say. Then, you get to your friends house, and you found out that he didn't understand you were going to buy some, because he was on too much xanax and had a memory span of 10 seconds. He actually snorted most himself, and traded the rest to some lucky ass for more xanax (cause your friend is an idiot). Now you were anticipating the arrival of those pills so bad, you pretty much had a buzz goin on - I'm sure i someone gave you a few aspirin and said it was 5 mg percs on your way to get the oxys, you would literally think you had an opiate buzz.... Upon finding the horrible scene, you get mad, but more importantly, your placebo high quickly fades back into an even stronger craving.
--- even if you know you can get more in 4 hours... you're not happy anymore, and your craving comes back stronger... WHY? cause you don't wanna wait, you want them NOW, thats why you were in a good mood to begin with!

So... how many people have had something similar happen?? placebo high knowing your about to get opiates, and then is falls through or even worse, you get ripped off, and your cravings come back even stronger... anyone???

Happened to me alllllll the time...

SO why don't people complain when they snort them??? Well, if the placebo effect just from getting the pill is so strong, from personal experience I know that as soon as you snort that line... you feel -better- maybe not high, but not crappy... and when that chemical taste from the drip hits the back of your throat, you REALLY feel it kick in... except, I can taste the drip within a few minutes... it should take at least 10 to kick in....??? So huge factor - part of your amazing high takes place before the drug even effects you (i said part... chill).

Also... just like when you are about to score oxys, and then the plan falls apart and you have to wait for another guy to get off work 4 hours later... you don't want to wait, you want it right away!! The feeling from opiates is so amazing, that combined with the placebo effect we have going on, it is REALLY hard to take it any other way, knowing that it will take longer to kick in.... regardless of how much of the actual drug you lose by snorting vs. oral. I KNOW that if I crush the roxis, and instead of snorting that line, suck it up into one of those ear wax bulb sucker things, put some warm water in with it, shake it, and shoot the liquid up my ass... I will get a BETTER peak, it won't take any longer to start kicking in really, and it lasts much longer... I KNOW this... but 90% of the time I just snort it, cause my asshole doesn't have taste buds to get that chemical drip taste i've come to love.... and preparing it takes 5 min longer than snorting it... wtf would I waste 5 min for? (sarcasm here)

Also, I'd like to answer, so why do THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of people still snort it if they get a higher percent from just taking it orally??? well, besides the reasons above.... probably the same reason THOUSANDS of idiots snort xanax bars?? I used to snort xanax bars, ANY pill I snorted when I first started doin oxy.... but now that I have a script for xanax bars, I know that it really doesn't take longer to kick in just swallowing the stupid thing unless I JUST ate, and I get more out of it than clogging my nose with extra powder.... I know that NOW, and now I see people snorting it and want to say, "you know you're an idiot, just swallow that and you won't waste as much" but I used to do the same thing...
it is called a NASAL FIXATION. you start snorting oxy, you start snorting benzos, you then snort adderall, any pill that comes around you snort..... cause you're used to shit going up your nose. We could tell you the FACTS all day about the percentage and peak times and half life... but it would never get through a skull that is lined with a nasal fixation on the mind and severe placebo effects (again, not being an ass... I experience it too) Its just like people I know when they first went from snorting oxy to shooting it.... a lot of them started shooting all sorts of shit.... benzos, dexedrine, cocaine, ambien... (apparently ambien is intense when injected... its probably also extremely stupid). Point being, they likely had a new fixation with needles. And just like the routine of crushing the pill, chopping up a line, and snorting it gets me a placebo buzz goin, I am positive they get the same feeling from the routine of crushing, getting out the spoon, syringe, adding the water, cooking (even though you should never cook oxy... like I said they are stupid, if they didn't cook it, the filler was left behind... and to some people they are like 'hey i missed some!'), and of course even hitting the vein and pulling the plunge back enough to see the blood gives one friend of mine a rush right before he even pushes it back in......

Besides getting those 'oxy boogers' in your nose... those of you have snorted enough in a short span know what its like to feel like you have a sinus infection just because you have too much crusty shit up in your sinus cavities where you can't even notice.....

so please... just because you feel good from snorting it, don't think that it somehow absorbs more of the oxycodone than your acidic, thin membrane-lined digestive system.... it isn't even logical!!!

when in doubt and you're about to share your opinion based on how it makes YOU feel or how people haven't complained, or the fact that people do it (people snort hydrocodone with APAP too.... lol), PLEASE if you could compare what you're about to say with LOGIC, it would really cut down on my pet peeve with ignorance, actually just those who are ignorant and refuse to accept the correct knowledge.

Thanks!! (and sorry for the long ass post)

</end rant>

Is bioavailability changed for clonazepam when ingested with food/on a full stomach? Or does it remain the same because it has a high protein affinity, regardless?