• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bioavailability/Half-life MEGA Thread

Go to the wiki site and look up any drug. There's a table on the right (scroll down a little) revealing it's bioavailability at different routes of administration. From what I hear it is very accurate.

^ I know, they are fairly accurate as well. Look for sources to verify. They shouldn't be drastically different from the ones listed here; when this was created, there were not nearly as many completed infoboxes filled out.

So if you drink methadone instead of shooting the ba drops a lilbit but does it last longer??

^This thread spans like five years or so... Who are you replying to?

FYI:
It's 'Lorazepam' (aka 'Ativan'), not- 'Loprazolam'.
It's often confused with another widely prescribed anxiolytic- the famous 'monkey bars' of the Benzo Alprazolam (aka Xanax).

SO what about diazepam?

Diazepam's oral bioavailability is like 99%... Many benzodiazepines have very high oral bioavailability.

FTR, lorazepam and loprazolam are two different benzodiazepines.

Bioavalabilitys of different drugs?

I think we need a thread on listing the bioavailabilitys of different drugs. It may deter ppl from IVing drugs they dont even need to just to get a little extra which isnt worth the extra risk or IVing. (Oxy for example)

anyways I'll try to find a few & see what I can come up with but I'm gunna need some help

Opiates/opioids: (I found a good site for this one but im not sure if the info is completely correct)
Methadone-oral 80-90%, halflife- 24-36 hours, rectal 76%
Ketobemiodone oral was 34% +/-10%, rectally 44% +/- 9%, half-life is 2.25- 2.45 hours
Meperidine rectal bioavailability is approximately 55%, 80% to 85% IM, elimination half-life 3.0 h
Buprenorphine highly protein bound 96%, sublingual bioavailability is approximately 30%, oral is 15-22%, 90-100% IM, elimination half-life is 12-44 hours
Hydromorphone-- 5-8 times as potent as morphine, intranasal- 52.4%, Rectal administration 33% ,Oral-30-35%, (also reported as 50.7% +/- 29.8% oral; 33% +/- 22% rectal; 54.4% - 59.8% nasal)
Dihydrocodeine oral-20-21% halflife 4 hours
Heroin oral ~35% IV- 100% IM-85% Smoked (or vaporized?) 52-55% vaporized Semisynthetic derivative, Intranasal 44-61%
Fentanyl- Bioavailability 92% (transdermal), 50% (sublingual/ buccal (against cheek), Protein binding 80-85%, half-life 3-12 hours
Sufentanil intranasal bio- 78%,
Remifentanil Protein binding 70% (bound to plasma proteins) Half life 1-20 minutes
Alfentanil- IV ~100%, 92% protein binding, half life is 1.5-2 hours
Morphine ~32% oral/rectal, insuffulated- 15-20%, Chitosan(a linear polysaccharide that helps absorb drugs better) has been shown to increase nasal bioavailability of morphine from around 10-20% to over 60%, SC-60%, protein binding 30-40%, half-life is 2-3 hours
Oxycodone-oral 60-87% intranasal- widely varies 45-70%
Hydrocodone- oral bioavailability is not really known but it is around oxycodone bioavailability, ~70% of it is usually absorbed, half-life is 4-8 hours
Oxymorphone nasal bioavailabilty [43%] orals low 10-20%
Butorphanol -oral 5-17% due to high first pass metabolism
Tramadol- the absolute bioavailability of rectally admistered tramadol in the suppositories was 77.0%, Oral-68-72% (Increases with repeated dosing) Half life 5-7 hours
Codeine- following rectal or oral administration with a systemic availability of about 90%; in one study clearance varied 4-fold and systemic availability after oral dosage was between 50 and 84%
Diphenoxylate Protein binding 74-95% Half life 12-14 hours used for diarrhea, (does not appreciably cross the blood-brain barrier)
Pethidine(meperidine) Absorption Oral bioavailability is 50-60% in patients with normal hepatic function. IM 80-85%, Protein Binding 65-75%, Half Life 3-5 hours
Normeperidine is about half as potent as meperidine, but it has twice the CNS stimulation effects.
Pentazocine- Bioavailability ~20% orally, Half-life 2 to 3 hours

Amphetamines:
Meth according to wiki: Bioavailability, 62.7% oral; 79% nasal; 90.3% smoked; 99% rectally; 100% IV
Dexampethamine >75% oral (all Ive found is it's stronger when Insufflated) 100% IV

Cocaine:
Bioavailability Oral: 33%[1]
Insufflated: 60[2]–80%[3]
Nasal Spray: 25[4]–43%[1
Smoked (Crack) 70% (Im not sure on this one, should be higher)
IV: 100%

Benzos (doesnt seem a need to IV this shit u'd have to use to many pills anyway)
Valium Bioavailability Oral(93-100% )
Xanax Bioavailability Oral 80–90%

Ketamine:
Bioavailability through the oral route reaches 17%, compared to 93% and 25-50% when administed via intramuscular and intranasal routes, respectively

I hope I've helped out in some way Ive only worked on this for 10 mins but I think Ive covered atleast opiates which is the ones most ppl would be concerned about.

if anyone adds any more posts with updated BAs i'll edit my post to keep it up to date.

Last edited:
im pretty sure there is already a thread like this that got stickied? but anyways its nicely organized and such. looks good

I don't know the BA on this, but butorphanol should be squirt up the nose or IV'd.

-I need to look into some chitosan

Last edited:
half life of bupe is 12-44 hours? that seems like a pretty big spread there. I wonder if it just varies from person to person or what

half life of bupe is 12-44 hours? that seems like a pretty big spread there. I wonder if it just varies from person to person or what
That 12 hours seems off too as you said I didn't notice before. Could this mean it's possible to take a full agonist after 12 hours of bupe??

That 12 hours seems off too as you said I didn't notice before. Could this mean it's possible to take a full agonist after 12 hours of bupe??

People need to remember that half life is exponential, not linear. If it is 12 hours for instance, after 12 hours half of the drug is gone. After another 12 hours, half of the remaining half is gone. And so on, and so forth. After 4 half lives, 1/16 of the original amount is eliminated.

You can take a full agonist 2 hours after taking bupe if you wanted.. The longer you wait though, the more effective the full agonist will be. The more that the bupe is eliminated, the less blocking potential it has, and the full agonist has more room to bind to your receptors.

I was gonna try plugging my dillys but after seeing the rectal bio i think i wont. anyone know the bio for rectal oxys?

I was gonna try plugging my dillys but after seeing the rectal bio i think i wont. anyone know the bio for rectal oxys?

Oxycodone can be administered orally, intranasally, via intravenous/intramuscular/subcutaneous injection or rectally. The bioavailability of oral administration of Oxycodone averages 60–87%, with rectal administration yielding the same results; intranasal varies between individuals with a mean of 46%.[30]

-from the oxycodone article on wikipedia.

Rectal BA is relatively the same as oral.

Thanks brokedown, I just dont understand everywhere i read people say that plugging is next best to IV. But seeing some of the rectal BA's for some drugs its quite low. Is it that it hits you faster and you get a rush?