• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bioavailability/Half-life MEGA Thread

hydromorphone bioavailability

i cant find anywhere on the net BA of dilaudid IM and SC.......orally its around 55% rectally and orally around 35% but need help for SC AND IM (some say its around 85%)

Last edited:
right the fuck on!

not to sound rude, but that is an extremely ignorant statement based on absolutely no logic.... although there is logic to explain WHY you think that, you just choose the wrong ones...

Ok, nasal route for oxy is significantly lower... especially the higher the dose insulfated.... binders and fillers form crusty boogers in your nose, some people get those pimples in their nose that hurt like a bitch (which is just an example, the powder is cloggin really find pores just within your nose... it will easily clog your sinuses). It does not matter if you are doing 30 mg roxis, or 80 mg oxycontins... this still applies (assuming the oxycontin is powdered... powdered, not just 'smashed)....

So why don't people complain??? well, you say they don't complain about not being able to feel it compared to oral... so you are telling us they are familiar with oxycodone, and have most likely snorted it in the past.
HTML:
 Believe it or not, you get a HUGE placebo effect when you snort those pills...   hell, even BEFORE you snort them...  ever been craving really bad, then you find out your friend has some that are a great price, and you just found $60 in your coat pocket from last year (ok exagerating there),  and you're in a GREAT mood on the way to go get those pills..   I remember being in shitty half-withdrawal and not even feeling like crap just cause I knew I was about to get more!!  hint hint - your brain starts producing endorphines ahead of time...  our bodies 'natural' opiod, I guess you could say.
Then, you get to your friends house, and you found out that he didn't understand you were going to buy some, because he was on too much xanax and had a memory span of 10 seconds. He actually snorted most himself, and traded the rest to some lucky ass for more xanax (cause your friend is an idiot). Now you were anticipating the arrival of those pills so bad, you pretty much had a buzz goin on - I'm sure i someone gave you a few aspirin and said it was 5 mg percs on your way to get the oxys, you would literally think you had an opiate buzz.... Upon finding the horrible scene, you get mad, but more importantly, your placebo high quickly fades back into an even stronger craving.
--- even if you know you can get more in 4 hours... you're not happy anymore, and your craving comes back stronger... WHY? cause you don't wanna wait, you want them NOW, thats why you were in a good mood to begin with!

So... how many people have had something similar happen?? placebo high knowing your about to get opiates, and then is falls through or even worse, you get ripped off, and your cravings come back even stronger... anyone???

Happened to me alllllll the time...

SO why don't people complain when they snort them??? Well, if the placebo effect just from getting the pill is so strong, from personal experience I know that as soon as you snort that line... you feel -better- maybe not high, but not crappy... and when that chemical taste from the drip hits the back of your throat, you REALLY feel it kick in... except, I can taste the drip within a few minutes... it should take at least 10 to kick in....??? So huge factor - part of your amazing high takes place before the drug even effects you (i said part... chill).

Also... just like when you are about to score oxys, and then the plan falls apart and you have to wait for another guy to get off work 4 hours later... you don't want to wait, you want it right away!! The feeling from opiates is so amazing, that combined with the placebo effect we have going on, it is REALLY hard to take it any other way, knowing that it will take longer to kick in.... regardless of how much of the actual drug you lose by snorting vs. oral. I KNOW that if I crush the roxis, and instead of snorting that line, suck it up into one of those ear wax bulb sucker things, put some warm water in with it, shake it, and shoot the liquid up my ass... I will get a BETTER peak, it won't take any longer to start kicking in really, and it lasts much longer... I KNOW this... but 90% of the time I just snort it, cause my asshole doesn't have taste buds to get that chemical drip taste i've come to love.... and preparing it takes 5 min longer than snorting it... wtf would I waste 5 min for? (sarcasm here)

Also, I'd like to answer, so why do THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of people still snort it if they get a higher percent from just taking it orally??? well, besides the reasons above.... probably the same reason THOUSANDS of idiots snort xanax bars?? I used to snort xanax bars, ANY pill I snorted when I first started doin oxy.... but now that I have a script for xanax bars, I know that it really doesn't take longer to kick in just swallowing the stupid thing unless I JUST ate, and I get more out of it than clogging my nose with extra powder.... I know that NOW, and now I see people snorting it and want to say, "you know you're an idiot, just swallow that and you won't waste as much" but I used to do the same thing...
it is called a NASAL FIXATION. you start snorting oxy, you start snorting benzos, you then snort adderall, any pill that comes around you snort..... cause you're used to shit going up your nose. We could tell you the FACTS all day about the percentage and peak times and half life... but it would never get through a skull that is lined with a nasal fixation on the mind and severe placebo effects (again, not being an ass... I experience it too) Its just like people I know when they first went from snorting oxy to shooting it.... a lot of them started shooting all sorts of shit.... benzos, dexedrine, cocaine, ambien... (apparently ambien is intense when injected... its probably also extremely stupid). Point being, they likely had a new fixation with needles. And just like the routine of crushing the pill, chopping up a line, and snorting it gets me a placebo buzz goin, I am positive they get the same feeling from the routine of crushing, getting out the spoon, syringe, adding the water, cooking (even though you should never cook oxy... like I said they are stupid, if they didn't cook it, the filler was left behind... and to some people they are like 'hey i missed some!'), and of course even hitting the vein and pulling the plunge back enough to see the blood gives one friend of mine a rush right before he even pushes it back in......

Besides getting those 'oxy boogers' in your nose... those of you have snorted enough in a short span know what its like to feel like you have a sinus infection just because you have too much crusty shit up in your sinus cavities where you can't even notice.....

so please... just because you feel good from snorting it, don't think that it somehow absorbs more of the oxycodone than your acidic, thin membrane-lined digestive system.... it isn't even logical!!!

when in doubt and you're about to share your opinion based on how it makes YOU feel or how people haven't complained, or the fact that people do it (people snort hydrocodone with APAP too.... lol), PLEASE if you could compare what you're about to say with LOGIC, it would really cut down on my pet peeve with ignorance, actually just those who are ignorant and refuse to accept the correct knowledge.

Thanks!! (a

man, Ive been a lurker for nearly a decade. Your posts are INVALUABLE and generally have me wanting to hive five you EVERY TIME! right...the ...fuck...on!%)

Fentanyl - Buccal half life?

Wikipedia seems to list all other half lives of fentanyl except for buccal.

Anyone have any idea, or can post a link with information?

buccal half life cannot be shorter than nasal which is 6.5 minutes can it?

The half life of a drug once in your bloodstream doesn't change. The only difference between routes of administration is the time it takes to get into your bloodstream. Since you also aren't feeling it until it is in your bloodstream this is more a situation of how much longer will effects continue once you stop dosing. I'm not sure how long it takes for fent to permeate through your cheeks and into your blood vessels. I would definitely think longer than the nasal membrane though.

Yes but, does anyone know what the half life of buccal fent is? I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere on google, and i've done quite a bit of searching.

Why do you need to know so accurately? It will be something like 10min or so.

Now that this thread has surfaced, I'll try my question again-does anyone know the half-life of subaxone? The reason I am so curious is that I take imiprimine and temazepam at night. It used to take both of them for me to get a nights rest, but they seem much stronger now that I am on the subs instead of opiates. My ORT is self-administered, as it is just a lot cheaper this way. I just read somewhere that subs do not depress the respiratory system like opiates, so that would help make them safe with my other meds. At any rate, I would be more comfortable if I knew the half-life of subs and I have really searched for this info, with no luck. Thank-you for any input.

edit:
Ama, thank you for answering my ? below - you got to it just before I deleted this after rethinking my post-ha-ha. Thanx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suboxone contains two opioids which are naloxone and buprenorphine. Naloxone is a potent short acting mu antagonist and buprenorphine has mixed agonist/antagonist action and has a stronger affinity than naloxone making naloxone's addition moot.

Bupe does cause respiratory depression though it has a ceiling dose which means it is unlikely to cause an overdose death unless mixed with other CNS depressants.

The elimination half-life of buprenorphine is listed on the first page of this thread as 12-44 hours and wikipedia has it as "20-70, mean 37 hours"

A lot of these are conflicting with the individual wikipedia entries. Who is right? WebMD needs to release a biovailability on the various routes of administration table on their web site when you look up the drug. All doctors will tell you that WebMD is the only site to trust and the only one they use. I was recently reading an article that I believe said that the spice chitosan combined with morphine intranasally increases its bioavailability to eighty percent and they are currently developing a nasal spray. The opioid nasal sprays are supposed to be very strong as I imagine this will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for sources on the wikis. If you can't find one, ask here. These were done in like 2006 IIRC, so there's more info available now probably. Still, it's fairly accurate.

There's discussion of morphine + chitosan on here actually, I remember making a thread about it a few years ago (probably 2006 again)

How accurate are the bioavailabilities listed on wikipedia?

Thanks, Pegasus. I'll see if those entries are still on here. You wouldn't happen to remember where you posted them or the subject names. I'll just start with morphine and chitosan as keywords. This isn't my first time around a search engine. That's comforting to know because I've been using wiki for a while. What's the last thing you heard about the chitosan/morphine nasal concoction. I currently suffer from chronic pain and might try it because it's not too strong. Three to four times as strong as an oral dose. Isn't oral 25-30%. I take MS IR's right now and they help some with breakthrough pain.

Pegasus,

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/191439-Awesome-CYP-450-Chart! -- do you know where to get anymore drug interaction charts or PDF or documents similar to this? there's a great site for interactions. best I've found. I can dig it out of my extensive bookmarks if you'd like it. I've only been on bluelight, but haven't posted much for a few years. I cruised erwoid a lot and liked to know what it was I was putting in my body these doctors were giving me.

~Vic

Last edited:
Pegasus,

One last question and I'll leave you alone. Sorry to bother you.

Can you use proxies to block your IP on Bluelight or who or what section of the board would I ask that question on? I thought you might know because you are a moderator. . .

~Vic

Last edited:
v1c, go ahead and post your charts, I'd like to see more recent interaction charts. The one linked in my signature is a good one but about four years old I believe.

You can use a proxy if you like. Ask in Support for full details.