Nocturnal Festival TX 2010

Saturday March 19th 2011
Doors open @ 3:00PM - 2:00AM // 18+
Guidelines:
NO Re-entry/Ins & Outs
NO Overnight Parking
NO Overnight Camping
NO Refunds or Exchanges
NO Sitting on Designated Dance Floor Areas!
NO Moshing, Crowd Surfing or Stage Diving
NO Unauthorized/Unlicensed Vendors Allowed
NO Unauthorized Solicitations, Handbills, Sampling, Give-Aways, etc.

PROHIBITED ITEMS
NO Pets
NO Massagers
NO Laser Pointers
NO LED Lights or Light Toys
NO Pacifiers or Dust Masks
NO Glass, Cans, Cups or Coolers
NO Markers, Pens or Spray Paint
NO Large Chains or Spiked Jewelry
NO Stickers, Flyers, Banners or Posters
NO Balloons, Balls, Inflatable Balls or Frisbees
NO Tents, Large Umbrellas, Chairs or Blankets
NO Illegal Substances
NO Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia
NO Backpacks Over 10”x10” (Including Camelbaks)
NO Large Purses or Bags (Anything Over 10” x 10”)
NO Stuffed Animals or Dolls (Including Plush Backpacks)
NO Open Packs of Cigarettes or Unsealed Tampons (Upon Entry)
NO Outside Food or Beverages (Including Alcohol, Candy or Gum)
NO Weapons of any Kind (Includes Pocket Knives, Pepper Spray, Fireworks, etc.)
NO Professional Recording Equipment – Photo, Video, or Audio (No Detachable Lenses, Tripods, Big Zooms or Commercial Use Rigs)
NO Video Cameras

*Subject to Change

ACCEPTABLE ITEMS
OK Small Bags, Single Compartment Backpacks and Purses (maximum 10” x 10”)
OK Reusable Insomniac Aluminum Water Bottles (must be empty upon entry)
OK Fanny Packs
OK Non-Professional Flash/Still Cameras
OK Cell Phones
OK Sunglasses
OK Hats
OK Lighters
OK Closed Packs of Cigarettes
OK Sealed/Wrapped Tampons
OK Earplugs

PLEASE BRING
• Your Ticket
• Your ID (please see identification details below)
• Smiles
• Comfortable Clothing and Shoes
• Good Vibes

o heelllll no

maybe it wont be the same for cali's nocturnal in sept?

I assume this is just the beginning of it, i would doubt all california events thrown by insomniac from here on out to allow no lights.

After the half-assed shitfest that was TAO this last New Year's I don't think I'm going to bother with any more Insomniac events.

I've been to EDC twice now and it's just as big if not bigger of an event that TAO, yet somehow it always ends up being a much better experience. Much easier to claim your tickets at will call, shorter lines, better decorations, better lineups, etc.

Anyone know what gives?

I went to Beyond a couple years ago and it was pretty cool, I don't much care for the San Bernadino fairgrounds though.

edit: big props to Insomniac however for making it 18+. I won't get into it like I did in the other thread, but that was a smart move.

Doesnt make sense dude. Beyond a few years ago? This is year 2. Common sense says edc being 2 times or more the size of tao in terms of attendees is no comparison the venue for edc is 5 times bigger than tao. 5 times bigger means u can plan to have 5 more entrance's and will call booths making it faster entry. The sports arena has 1 entrance thats why at monster and tao lines suck. Its been like this forever at the LASA.

After the half-assed shitfest that was TAO this last New Year's I don't think I'm going to bother with any more Insomniac events.

I've been to EDC twice now and it's just as big if not bigger of an event that TAO, yet somehow it always ends up being a much better experience. Much easier to claim your tickets at will call, shorter lines, better decorations, better lineups, etc.

Anyone know what gives?

I went to Beyond a couple years ago and it was pretty cool, I don't much care for the San Bernadino fairgrounds though.

edit: big props to Insomniac however for making it 18+. I won't get into it like I did in the other thread, but that was a smart move.

Doesnt make sense dude. Beyond a few years ago? This is year 2. Common sense says edc being 2 times or more the size of tao in terms of attendees is no comparison the venue for edc is 5 times bigger than tao. 5 times bigger means u can plan to have 5 more entrance's and will call booths making it faster entry. The sports arena has 1 entrance thats why at monster and tao lines suck. Its been like this forever at the LASA.

I didn't say a few years ago, I said a couple.

But yea I guess that makes sense about the lines. I just don't get why they only had 2 booths trying to manage will call for tens of thousands of people at TAO. It's not like they weren't expecting that many attendees.

I just read somewhere too that Go Ventures was in charge of managing will call and the lines this year at TAO and that's why it was so shitty compared to last year and EDC (when Insomniac manages it). Dunno if that's true or not but if it is, it will be worth looking into before I commit to any more of their events.

Spending two and a half hours in a moshpit trying to claim tickets from will call then spending another hour in another moshpit trying to get in to the event is hardly what I call a good time :\

But yea I guess that makes sense about the lines. I just don't get why they only had 2 booths trying to manage will call for tens of thousands of people at TAO. It's not like they weren't expecting that many attendees.

Thats just how the sports arena always is it sucks, thats why i dont go anymore.

Of couse this is true
I just read somewhere too that Go Ventures was in charge of managing will call and the lines this year at TAO and that's why it was so shitty compared to last year and EDC (when Insomniac manages it). Dunno if that's true or not but if it is, it will be worth looking into before I commit to any more of their events.

Insomniac was only in on providing dj's (hence the reason the line up was mostly the typical insomniac regulars) & collecting cash.

Smaller events at the sports arena like love festival i really enjoy but the mainstream everyone and there mama attends events i avoid. Nothing but chaos.

no led lights at BW :( ive been practicing and it was going to be my first rave with light show gloves.

Few=couple=2

/facepalm/

"A couple" specifically means TWO of something, whereas "a few" simply implies more than one. I said I went to Beyond a 'couple' of years ago as in the number two.

Last edited:
/facepalm/

"A couple" specifically means TWO of something, whereas "a few" simply implies more than one. I said I went to Beyond a 'couple' of years ago as in the number two.

Well 2 years ago was 2009 and the first year of beyond wonderland was 2010. So 2 years ago you DIDNT go to beyond wonderland.

He was probably thinking of Nocturnal Wonderland. That festival has been around for a couple years now.

I remember my first beyond wonderland, ten years ago already. My how time flies.

Any headz in or around the OC LA area? I moved from Phx to San Diego and am now in Irvine looking to meet up and get some new connections. Hit me up if you know where any good Drum n' Bass/Hip-Hop nights are. I miss the Blunt Club in Tempe, AZ.

^Hey Mr. Slaves, if you're looking for good drum and bass, check out beyond wonderland. I didn't go last year but the drum and bass lineup was decent. It should be decent this year. Bachelors of Science (liquid dnb) are also playing here in LA next month.