• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Better euphoria? DXM vs. Ecstasy

If you have tried both, which do you think has the best quality of euphoria?

• DXM

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • MDMA (ecstacy)

Votes: 39 81.3%

• Total voters
trips nowdays aren't blurry at all, no tunnel-vision, sometimes I can even feel sober if I want to.. all I get is the music feeling(which isn't nearly what it used to be like), and I hallucinate if I take really high doses(800mg+) and get a dissociated feeling for the whole day (sort of if you've had 2-3 bumps of K).

I miss when I was able to feel it full throttle.
Oh well, took a decent break from it (2 months) so tomorrow i'm going to trip and see how it goes. Wish me luck!

I find the euphoria DXM gives me is really subtle and mild. I really just feel fucked up and feel like a zombie. Last time I did it I was going crazy and babbling weird shit. Now DXM plus weed, that's another story, when combined I get a very intense euphoria especially when listening to music and closing my eyes, and then I start to hallucinate very intensely.

I usually don't hallucinate on dxm alone, probably because I don't take very large doses. Highest I did alone was two bottles of delsym and I fell asleep before anything really happened. I did hallucinate on one bottle of delsym alone though the other day, but it was only with my eyes closed and it wasn't as intense as it would of been if I would of smoked weed.

yeah, delsym is what I use when I want to achieve 3-4th plateau trips.
It doesn't hit you all at once so your much less likely to black out, and it's more chill.. but after a few hours it'll take you to another world.

Also, i've noticed something very weird about dxm. If you take it while laying down and not being active, sometimes it'll make you reallly sleepy and you don't want to move.. so you fall asleep(and wake up tripping :D), but if you wait til you barely start to feel it and then you get up and socialize or be active, the drowsiness is completely reversed. You can even lay down after a few hours(if you can manage to sit still) and close your eyes and enjoy music or something - but you won't get tired and you can easily get up and do something, no matter how long you've been lying down.

chaoticc said:
If you go back to my earlier posts you'll read that im stating they are two completely different drugs, but some of the effects, are very simular and the proof is undenyable!
It's great that you can get such strong euphoria from DXM, but that's hardly undeniable proof, even if you qualify that the euphoria is qualitatively different. It's certainly not impossible, but it's highly unlikely that a first timer to either drug would find DXM anywhere near as euphoric as MDMA. People who get euphoria of similar intensity to MDMA from DXM are a minority, and that's why people are wondering why this thread exists. It'd be like someone who just happens to get great visuals off of nutmeg making a thread titled "Better visuals? nutmeg vs. LSD".

If you went on Erowid and read 30 reports of each, and noted the number of times "euphoria" and strongly associated words and phrases occurred in the descriptions of each, I'm certain the numbers would be heavily weighted towards the MDMA side. Perhaps "Who else gets uncommonly powerful euphoria from DXM?" would be a better question. I've gotten pretty strong euphoria from DXM myself, but it's only happened during a minority of my trips and it felt similar to opioid euphoria. As mentioned above, combining with cannabis definitely enhances the pleasure, but still nowhere near the level of "ecstasy" in my experience or in most reports.

Dex and ecstasy are totally different, but that doesn't mean you can't compare their euphoria effects; Because in most peoples minds there are conflicting opinions on if they are or not.
I've been dexing for about 5 years today and I don't get as much of that dex euphoria as there was when I started, its just a neutrally bizarre foreign object feeling(it would take hours to explain the feeling completely).
2nd plateau doses could be compared to ecstasy in a way, but not totally.

High doses of ecstasy doesn't make you walk like a drunken robot either.

I don't think I need to clarify myself, or change the name. The question is simple, and so are the answers.

I like to compare them because DXM tolerance seems to dampen MDMA across the entire board (I've never had the reverse).

When I very first started DXM it was like a sunburst of euphoria on my brain; I'd liken it to (though haven't actually tried) taking a medium toke of meth on the comeup of mescaline. It's still euphoric enough now that I'd rather do nothing than something on DXM.

Last edited:
I like to compare them because DXM tolerance seems to dampen MDMA across the entire board (I've never had the reverse).

When I very first started DXM it was like a sunburst of euphoria on my brain; I'd liken it to (though haven't actually tried) taking a medium toke of meth on the comeup of mescaline. It's still euphoric enough now that I'd rather do nothing than something on DXM.

hm.
I feel like if I do more dxm over a period of time, it dampens rolling, but if I roll more over a period of time it dampens tripping.

It seems to me the only people who would agree with me as far as euphoria and happiness goes are the people who have tripped enough times to see what i'm talking about.

There is no way you could know this.

some of the effects, are very simular and the proof is undenyable!

My experience denies it. People vary in response to dr00gs.

I tripped last night (700mg hbr + cannabis) for the first time in quite a while.
I felt the out of reality feeling like I always do on dissociatives, and I started listening to music.
The music from my own playlists made me, and everyone else, feel like we were perfect. Perfect in surroundings, in our clothes, we were so happy and it was like we were all on top of the world.. and nobody mattered except the people on my friends kind sized bed.. jumping away.. It was a different trip, we all connected to a wavelength nobody else around or we saw had, so it was like we were the only real people. Everything was just.. right.

my friend karen actually stated "holy fuck, I feel like i'm rolling with this music playing" and we continued having a dance party until about 3 hours ago. :)

When I'm falling into holes/tunnels on DXM and just riding the waves of the music, I certainly feel a great sense of well being than on MDMA. Could be a combo of euphoria being caused by the drug and my affinity towards dissociatives over basically any class of drugs.

Dissociatives rule!

No question.

My first times on MDMA were arguably the pinnacle of my drug experience.

DXM is just so disorienting and confusing I couldnt focus on anything for more than a second, a 5 hour trip seemed to take all day. Its probably my least favorite drug.

I feel people "fight" with dxm to much. when I dose DXM I don't expect to have control over myself. My body just seems to float along being controlled my guardian (OBE). The more you fight it, the more confusing it gets.

Last edited:
I feel people "fight" with dxm to much. One I dose DXM I don't expect to have control over myself. My body just seems to float along being controlled my guardian (OBE). The more you fight it, the more confusing it gets.

Very true. I've only remembered this fact after dosing like... twice. Other times I've just fought for some semblance of control and ruined my trip haha.

I voted MDMA (although if LSD were an option, I would've picked it!) I've tried DXM a few times....just ain't my cup o'tea. If I were to do any dissociative, it would for sure be ketamine!

I picked DXM. Ecstasy (MDMA) euphoria is quite nice and is achieved most every time I dose, but there is nothing like the feeling of floating on music in a mysterious world. I don't get that everytime I dose DXM, but the times I have been there it has been a wondrous experience.

MDMA qualitatively and quantitatively. If the euphoria I get from DXM ever reached the same sheer intensity--the goddamn I feel good factor--as MDMA I might go with DXM since it feels much more like opiate euphoria (which, I prefer to stimulant euphoria, and, incidentally, can also be pretty empathogenic ). More of something that might be qualitatively inferior can be preferable to something qualitatively better but too subtle to make a fair comparison.

However, I don't think the OP was really asking what we ALL thought was better. They were asking for comments from people who BOTH get similar level euphoric and empathogenic effects from DXM as MDMA and who prefer these specific aspects of the DXM trip qualitatively to the same aspects of MDMA, and why. The title sets reader's expectations of what's being asked by putting the two drugs in "v.s." opposition and is really incongruous with the first post and the OP's subsequent posts. Obviously it's become about something else since. I'm not sure what that is, but it's been fun watching the fallout.

Some OP posts:
When I listen to music on dxm I feel like I become part of the music, and when I hear a strong melody that makes me happy, I can literally feel it traveling through my body, getting stronger as the melodies get deeper. Just like when i'm on ecstasy!

Everytime i've talked about this to a friend, i'm always looked at weird because nobody else I know can relate to me.

Does anybody else feel this way? And if you prefer dxm to ecstasy, what are your reasons as to why?
And
If you go back to my earlier posts you'll read that im stating they are two completely different drugs, but some of the effects, are very simular and the proof is undenyable!

on dxm I feel just as much, if not more empathy, and feelings of love rather than on e. Everything is beautiful, colors are intense and turned into high contrast and its like im discovering everything again as if i was a kid(sort of how I feel on lsd). When im tripping really hard things sometimes do get a little blurry and its almost like tunnel vision, but i enjoy it. Its like I can make my own world and live in it.

Last edited: